• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5 story & character ideas? (NOT DmC!)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone wonder what DMC5's story will be next?

Will they bring back Dante as the true protagonist. Make Nero the secondary this time. Hope they can bring Vergil back to.

It would also be nice also to bring out new sword wielding characters too. Any thoughts?

I just wish some of the power rangers can be involved in DMC and not just "Adam" & "Eric".

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A Dante, Nero, and Vergil separate campaign would be awesome.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I rather have a new lead disconnected from Dante and the rest as i lost interest in any of them.

Veloran had a Dante versus Evil Sparda idea that i really like (go big or go home).

An AU where Vergil was the good guy abd Dante turned out wrong. (There was a fanfic that tried that and ive been curious ever since).

A game where DMC crossovers with 5 other capcom properties. Its in the case of the week style of the anime with the 6 chapter being the one that ties all the threads.

A Bayonetta/DMC crossover (give the fans what they want) or A DOA/DMC ( they aint doing anything better)

Last edited:

Aurelius

Still waiting for Lucia to make a comeback.

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

.... I might be waiting a while....

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Z218: Sounds like you want something a bit different, a bit 'radical'.

I don't know, that'd be risky. They did already try something different that didn't really mix up the story all too much, and it didn't go 'as great' as it could've.

They'd be better off playing it safe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@LordOfDarkness i was just brainstorming and i dont really expect them to go that far. Honestly we have no idea what they'll end up doing so im not too caught up on that.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Maybe they'll finally stop teasing us and finally have Dante descend into the Underworld. (Of course, my idea of hell would be if they crossed over the series with the living absurdity that is the Street Fighter series, so you all may be onto something with this speculation).

I've always wanted to go back to Fortuna, and see if that Demon Hunting business Nero set up in the Deadly Fortune novel ever paid off.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There should be a DMC/Darkstalkers crossover(he's a demon-hunter, they are all demons it should write itself)

Dante supposed to be american so let's do something with Roanoke.

Or we could play around with why Dante's named Dante (maybe Sparda met the original?)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There should be a DMC/Darkstalkers crossover(he's a demon-hunter, they are all demons it should write itself)

Dante supposed to be american so let's do something with Roanoke.

Or we could play around with why Dante's named Dante (maybe Sparda met the original?)

Funnily enough Project X Zone has him teaming up with the vampire from Darkstalkers as well as Morrigan.

On topic... Three campaigns would be nice. One for Dante, one for Nero, one for Vergil, and then some extra playable bits for Lady and Trish since they put a lot of effort into making them.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will they bring out new sword wielders?

- Asian demon slayer
- Arabian/Indian demon slayer

There's a dao sword, scimitar, kris, rapier, etc.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Between Nero's origins and DMC2 tonal shift, i think they are more likely to resolve Nero's origin so im guessing the next game would deal with that.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I kinda tired of the cliché supervillains we've had in the past. Hear me out now...

Two campaigns. One for Dante, the other for Nero. Dante gets reports of a demon terrorising the outskirts of Fortuna. He learns that Nero went to fight it but never came back, so he goes himself to check it out. You play as Dante in the present trying to stop the calamity, while playing as Nero in the past - understanding the events that lead up to the present. Turns out that Nero fell into a trap while hunting demons that forced him to overtax his Devil Bringer and he periodically goes berserk into a full demon that attacks any living beings in sight. A cunning pair (one human, one demon) are planning something and tried to turn Nero into a weapon to work for them. Both Dante and Nero (when he isn't berserk) must overcome these foes....or something. I dunno.

Top Bottom