• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 "Dante's To Do List"

The Final Offer

Whether you think there will be or won't be a sequel to DmC, I'm certain alot of us have our ideas and hopes for what could come. With that being said, this thread is for those who've completed DmC's story alongside Vergil's Downfall. Spoilers and theories ahead.

Dante's To Do list post DmC.

1. Clear out the remaining demons.

-This could mean new cities to wage war on demons. I don't think this Dante is going to open up a shop. I believe he'll use the media to find demons. A hint of this is at the end of DmC before the final fight. Tweets with photos and locations in them.

2. Find Vergil

-Vergil is still dangerous. If anything, he'll find Dante first. There's no telling if Vergil is on the path to power or if he wants to rule over humans.

-I'm thinking Vergil will have his own story arc in DmC 2. It'd be awesome to have him searching for more power and to learn from demon lore where Sparda is. Of course, this could lead into the DMC 3 storyline. Where Vergil needs Dante's amulet and Kat's blood to unseal the gate.

-It could also mean, this moment will place the game time at two years after the events of DmC.

-If you haven't learned by now, Vergil can create rifts. These rifts can transport demons. Demons are bad. Bad is not what we want. Got it memorized?

-Kat is also at serious risk with Vergil lurking. He can and WILL find her. I really want Nero to come from those two. Human woman, demon man. Original Sparda tale anyone?

3. Control Demonic Energy

-I fear that Dante's going to have alot of trouble using his Devil Trigger. If you didn't know, each time they use their Devil Triggers they lose their grasp on humanity. At least it's confirmed, in Vergil's case.

-In DMC 3 Dante finally gets his demon form.

4. The Onyx

-Oh you didn't get to fight them in DmC and I was literally waiting for my chance to. It took only ONE (out of several) to down Vergil and his DT. Vergil DT'd took four down and forced them to show their true form, which Vergil KNEW he couldn't win. They are incredibly strong and I NEED to fight at least ONE in it's true form.

-Now that's something to be ****ed at NT about. Teasing us like that. >.<

-Now that Vergil controls demons, there's no telling if it's just exclusive to lesser or if he'll have a influence on greater. If he controls the Onyx...

-In DMC 3 he didn't control Beowulf, Cerebrus, Ragni and Rudra, and others.

5. Hellfire Prison & The Order

-I wanted there to be a level with the prison. But all we got was Bob's prison. Hellfire is a living breathing organism, it even has a brain. There's a chance it could still be around.

-Hellfire held Kat's friend Kylian inside alongside hundreds of humans. Wanna make another Secret Order? Expect these folks to wanna help you with that if they're still alive.

-It's also were Dante first DT'd with Rebellion and escaped imprisonment. Revisiting this place is definitely a Kat mission.

6. Talk to Phineas & Make a "Ars Goetia" hit-list

-This is why I enjoyed DmC so much and find it's sequel rich with potential. Bob Barbas was the Great President of Hell. There are 71 who rank the same or higher than him. Just like Bob, they control their own legions of demons.

-A hit-list is definitely going to need to be made. Phineas would know alot more about this than Dante and Kat.

7. The Phlegethon

-Giant worm demon. Tried to kill Vergil. He escaped with Kat's help. I wanna fight it.

8. Lost City

-This is where we see Dante gain some powers in the game. It's also the first place Vergil cleansed in Limbo.

-I believe this place has more secrets than it's letting on.​

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Here's MY "Dante's to-do list"

1. Find a new home for Dante:
- Dante's old home can be rebuilt with Kat's help. But he'll need a lot of money needed to restore it and get more help.

2. Hunt down and kill all demons that seek to threaten mankind.

3. Learn more of his family's legacy. Like his father's and what he left behind.

4. Find Vergil for where he has been for so long.

5. Unlock the final piece of Dante's full potential as a nephilim. The angel trigger.

6. Gain the angels' trust in joining him against the demon hordes that threaten mankind. AND the balance.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Okay. Here's mine:

Join Forces with the government - At the end of the main story of DmC, we see a couple of choppers scouting below the ruins in the background. That means that the humans have gained awareness and have immediately sent troops to clear the fields from demons. It's going to be hard for Dante and Kat to track all the demons in their own, so they're gonna have to join forces with the government.

Recruit Phineas - Am I the only guy who thought Phineas was a cool character? Even though he appeared for a very short amount of time, he had a different personality from all of the other potty mouthed demons and that made a nice change. So, to expand his role further, Dante will have to recruit Phineas as he knows more about the demon's weaknesses since he is one himself.

Explore the unknown dimension Vergil found himself in "Vergil's Downfall" more - It seems that this dimension is some sort of a Hell? I don't know. The fact that Virgil upgraded his powers in this dimension makes it seem less like Hell, but anyway we must explore more about this world in the next DmC. Maybe even give it an exact name.

Provide more insight into the prison Sparda's in - I think it would be too early for Sparda to be rescued right in the second installment, but it would be awesome if we were given more info on what exactly this prison is. With Mundus' reign over, what would happen to Sparda? We need to explore more on that.

Discover more about Paradise - We get it - demons can drag people in Limbo, a hellish version of the usual landscapes we're used to. But what about Angels? Do they have the same power? Can they drag people in their own 'Limbo'?

Activate the Angel Trigger - We all seem to agree with this. NT has left room for more features in the next installments, if those happen. We had the chance to see the potential of the Devil trigger, now give us the Angel one.

Get hold of Sparda's sword - The Force Edge, forged by demons and carried by The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda himself is said to have Sparda's powers imbued in itself. If Dante manages to get hold of it, it would be a devastating blow to all of the demons who inhabit the world. Perhaps make it a key item to the plot? Yeah, that could work/

You almost said everything else.

The Final Offer

Okay. Here's mine:

Join Forces with the government - At the end of the main story of DmC, we see a couple of choppers scouting below the ruins in the background. That means that the humans have gained awareness and have immediately sent troops to clear the fields from demons. It's going to be hard for Dante and Kat to track all the demons in their own, so they're gonna have to join forces with the government.

Recruit Phineas - Am I the only guy who thought Phineas was a cool character? Even though he appeared for a very short amount of time, he had a different personality from all of the other potty mouthed demons and that made a nice change. So, to expand his role further, Dante will have to recruit Phineas as he knows more about the demon's weaknesses since he is one himself.

Explore the unknown dimension Vergil found himself in "Vergil's Downfall" more - It seems that this dimension is some sort of a Hell? I don't know. The fact that Virgil upgraded his powers in this dimension makes it seem less like Hell, but anyway we must explore more about this world in the next DmC. Maybe even give it an exact name.

Provide more insight into the prison Sparda's in - I think it would be too early for Sparda to be rescued right in the second installment, but it would be awesome if we were given more info on what exactly this prison is. With Mundus' reign over, what would happen to Sparda? We need to explore more on that.

Discover more about Paradise - We get it - demons can drag people in Limbo, a hellish version of the usual landscapes we're used to. But what about Angels? Do they have the same power? Can they drag people in their own 'Limbo'?

Activate the Angel Trigger - We all seem to agree with this. NT has left room for more features in the next installments, if those happen. We had the chance to see the potential of the Devil trigger, now give us the Angel one.

Get hold of Sparda's sword - The Force Edge, forged by demons and carried by The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda himself is said to have Sparda's powers imbued in itself. If Dante manages to get hold of it, it would be a devastating blow to all of the demons who inhabit the world. Perhaps make it a key item to the plot? Yeah, that could work/

You almost said everything else.

Angel Trigger & Eva & Kat (Possibilities)

The angel trigger. I believe this can only be achieved with two things Eva's help and Kat dying.

-Eva's dead and trapped in a dimension. Dante doesn't know and Kat doesn't know. There's a possibility Phineas could know. If he does, Dante will try tirelessly to purify that dimension. This will also be leverage to move the plot forward.

-By the time Dante gets to her, she'd be unable to get out. In the end, Dante's hatred for the demons explode and he pledges to rid the world of them all, forcing his angelic powers to expand outwards transforming him.

-I'm thinking Eva speaking to Dante about what Vergil has become is what creates this Angel trigger. In order to defeat him now, Dante will need the Angel Trigger (Purification).

-I also think it'd be a great idea if something stronger than Dante was attacking and she shows us how she handles angelic weaponry or angelic powers. I really wanna see what Eva can do. I hope it's ranged based. Something like a White mage.

-Mundus could also be half dead or on the rise. Finds Eva, turns what's left of her into a puppet. Giving us that DMC universe plot again.​

Last edited:

AcidX_Y

Angel Trigger & Eva & Kat (Possibilities)

The angel trigger. I believe this can only be achieved with two things Eva's help and Kat dying.
all, forcing his angelic powers to expand outwards transforming him.

-I'm thinking Eva speaking to Dante about what Vergil has become is what creates this Angel trigger. In order to defeat him now, Dante will need the Angel Trigger (Purification).

-I also think it'd be a great idea if something stronger than Dante was attacking and she shows us how she handles angelic weaponry or angelic powers. I really wanna see what Eva can do. I hope it's ranged based. Something like a White mage.

-Mundus could also be half dead or on the rise. Finds Eva, turns what's left of her into a puppet. Giving us that DMC universe plot again.​
I don't think Kat dying would do any good to Dante, she's Dante's only link to humanity and she pretty much helped him set his priorities. If anything it would enhance his devil trigger.

The angel purification seems like the only thing that would stop Vergil at this point, he has no ties to anyone except maybe Sparda.

I thought the opportunity for an angel trigger would have been when he got closure with his mother but that's what gave him his DT.

The Final Offer

I don't think Kat dying would do any good to Dante, she's Dante's only link to humanity and she pretty much helped him set his priorities. If anything it would enhance his devil trigger.

The angel purification seems like the only thing that would stop Vergil at this point, he has no ties to anyone except maybe Sparda.

I thought the opportunity for an angel trigger would have been when he got closure with his mother but that's what gave him his DT.

His DT came when he reabsorbed his powers (Hollow Vergil). Vergil had always relied on his power and it took control over him. I think he abused the demonic side of his powers and rarely did anything with his angelic side. Honestly, I think deep down Vergil wanted Eva to purify him to stop him. He really didn't do anything but tell her he's evil.

If we go through Vergil's downfall, he was trying to save Kat as if none of what happened before ever happened. His demonic energy led him astray. Took advantage of his kind heart and showed it the horrors that ultimately wounded it. Which is what the giant heart in Vergil's Downfall was implying. Healed those wounds with hate and we're all aware of were hate originated.

Man, I really don't enjoy thinking about a good guy being turned bad.

Rolanthas

Angel Trigger huh? Gotta admit I never thought about it before, but it excites me!

As for what I think Dante would do for the sequel, his first priority would obviously be starting a methodical hunt for the remaining demons, a la OG Dante. Up till now he just dealt with whomever crossed his way. Earth's "unintentional" second invasion at the end of DmC can trigger a more deliberate approach. He and Kat would obviously try to organize whomever they can, and find out the extent of the invasion proper.

Finding out his fathers whereabouts can also be a priority though. With Mundus and his commanders gone, it can be the perfect time to dig him out from whatever hole they chained him into. I am very curious about the chained Sparda statue in Dante's psyche though. And just what the unchaining of that statue implied beyond Dante's awakening ( hah! get it? get it? I'll show myself out ).

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
4. The Onyx

-Oh you didn't get to fight them in DmC and I was literally waiting for my chance to. It took only ONE (out of several) to down Vergil and his DT. Vergil DT'd took four down and forced them to show their true form, which Vergil KNEW he couldn't win. They are incredibly strong and I NEED to fight at least ONE in it's true form.

-Now that's something to be ****ed at NT about. Teasing us like that. >.<

-Now that Vergil controls demons, there's no telling if it's just exclusive to lesser or if he'll have a influence on greater. If he controls the Onyx...​
What is the Onyx?

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Actually, you know what, forget about Angel Trigger. Give us a more detailed look on the Devil Trigger. If there's one thing about DmC that got me down is how lazy the Devil Trigger looked. As with the previous DMCs (especially the fourth installment), the Devil Trigger was very devastating and satisfying, in the reboot it was just Dante going white hair and some sort of a white vortex circling around him. Phineas did say something about Dante, that he has to yet unleash his full potential. We figured out that it was his hair turning fully white in the end, but what if that's not the case? What if the Devil Trigger is split into two stages; the first stage is the one that we saw in the reboot, while the second showcases the true look of the Devil Trigger?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nephilim Trigger.

Dante has already gained the ability to Devil Trigger. I think what would be a nice touch is if once he finds out how to activate his Angel Trigger it kind of makes him truly complete as a Nephilim. Instead of simply transforming into one or the other, Dante can go into Nephilim Trigger where he can switch between the more advanced abilities of his Angel and Demon weapons as he chooses on the fly. The attack controls would be the same as in DmC where holding RT or R2 would give you use of your Demon weapons and LT or L2 would give you use of your Angel weapons. So basically just keep those controls in mind and say that for when Dante activates Nephilim Trigger he can switch forms on a whim to attack enemies with either his demon or angel powers.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
My Ideas,

1. DmC 2 would be a couple of yrs after the first.
  2. Vergil wouldn't want anything to do with his old life aside from fighting/killing Dante and he'd still been a computer wiz. So I'd have Vergil abandon his name in favor of Nero Angelo. A overhaul in the outfit department with some Liquid Snake style hair. He'd know some form of martial arts, He'd be armed with a huge 357 Magnum.
  3. Dante would be traveling around the world eliminating demons.

Mine:
DAnte needs to find his father and rescue him from hell
has to master his demon blood
has to master'wings'angelic of course
gain his sweet grandpa's trust
find if mundus has any heirs

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
1) DmC 2 takes place like 5 years.

2) Dante rebuilds his old home into a shop/demon slaying organization in honor of the fallen "Order".

3) Dante goes traveling around the world. Learning how to fight in different martial arts and slaying demons wherever he goes.

4) Get a new outfit but clean up his coat. Even remake it red.

5) Learn how to master the devil trigger within him as it grows stronger and the angel half grows weaker. Unless he finds the last piece to master the angel within and master both.

6) Find his father if he's still alive and stop Vergil from his lust for power.

1) DmC 2 takes place like 5 years.

2) Dante rebuilds his old home into a shop/demon slaying organization in honor of the fallen "Order".

3) Dante goes traveling around the world. Learning how to fight in different martial arts and slaying demons wherever he goes.

4) Get a new outfit but clean up his coat. Even remake it red.

5) Learn how to master the devil trigger within him as it grows stronger and the angel half grows weaker. Unless he finds the last piece to master the angel within and master both.

6) Find his father if he's still alive and stop Vergil from his lust for power.
Stop Vergil or hinder Vergil or Slow Vergil from the inevitable, cuz if Vergil doesnt get atlest a bit powerfu lthan or equal to Dante,Vergil is going to be underdog in the Sparda family

Top Bottom