• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 1-4 Video Footage Help

Blacknerd

Hey guys im going a review for DmC for both my school and all the people on this site/capcom cu but I just need a small bit of footage from DMC 1-4 since I dont own them.

Examples would be stuff like moves from DMC 1-4. The upgrade menus and style systems from 3. Stuff like that so if you dont mind sending me some of the video footage let me know cause I really need it.

-BN

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hey guys im going a review for DmC for both my school and all the people on this site/capcom cu but I just need a small bit of footage from DMC 1-4 since I dont own them.

Examples would be stuff like moves from DMC 1-4. The upgrade menus and style systems from 3. Stuff like that so if you dont mind sending me some of the video footage let me know cause I really need it.

-BN

I'll do some for you now dude, give me an hour or so :)

SpawnShooter

ok ill go into detail for other specific ones later but I do appreciate it.

This helps my review seem more legit and I can go by the oh so loved comparisons

No worries anything for a fellow BB fan ^_^

Anyway, I'm just editing the clips now, I tried to have pretty much a bit of everything so hopefully it'll be what you're after. Also I'm afraid I haven't got any sound for the Nero clips, My device is starting to go and just gets into these things where it fails.

It's getting quite late here now though so I'll prob have to finish it tomorrow.

Blacknerd

Weird, I thought you have played the original games, unless I remember it wrong.
I did I just down own them currently
No worries anything for a fellow BB fan ^_^

Anyway, I'm just editing the clips now, I tried to have pretty much a bit of everything so hopefully it'll be what you're after. Also I'm afraid I haven't got any sound for the Nero clips, My device is starting to go and just gets into these things where it fails.

It's getting quite late here now though so I'll prob have to finish it tomorrow.

Oh thats fine man whatever you gotta do. Sound wont be a problem because Ill just have music playing over it

SpawnShooter

Basically I got the mission select and upgrade menus for all games as well as footage of all the playable characters through the series (inc stuff like Sparda, Nelo Angelo etc) and all the styles from 3. I tried to be diversive to show a lot of moves but man I suck at certain things XD

I didn't include any bosses though (apart from Vergil 3) so I'm not sure if you'd still need them.

EDIT:
Oh and I'm going to upload it to my YT anyway (seems like a nice little montage) but is their any hosting site you'd prefer as well for the download?

Blacknerd

Lets see Ill need footage of the moves excluded from the game. Since the style system is mixed into the weapons. Mostly from rebellion though. A bad line from dante in DMC 1-4 any will do...lol and yea vergil stuff is good ill probably do a spoiler tag for the last 2 mins of the review. Uhm cant think of anything else for now ill get back to ya :p

SpawnShooter

Lets see Ill need footage of the moves excluded from the game. Since the style system is mixed into the weapons. Mostly from rebellion though. A bad line from dante in DMC 1-4 any will do...lol and yea vergil stuff is good ill probably do a spoiler tag for the last 2 mins of the review. Uhm cant think of anything else for now ill get back to ya :p

Here you go man, hopefully it's good enough. Again sorry about the odd bits here and there.

Oh and time codes to help with editing are,

0:00 Sparda's back story
0:44 DMC1 menus and upgrades
2:00 DMC1 Dante clips
3:45 Some other DMC1 things like Bangle of Time/Nightmare Beta
4:04 DMC1 Sparda gameplay

4:37 DMC2 menus and upgrades
5:07 DMC2 Dante gameplay
6:24 DMC2 Lucia gameplay
7:00 DMC2 Trish gameplay

7:39 DMC3 menus and upgrades
8:54 DMC3 Swordmaster clips
10:12 DMC3 Trickster gameplay
11:13 DMC3 Gunslinger gameplay
11:41 DMC3 Royal Guard gameplay (lol @failed release)
12:29 DMC3 Quicksilver gameplay
13:03 DMC3 Doppelganger gameplay
13:31 DMC3 Vergil/Nelo Angelo gameplay

14:08: DMC4 Dante clips
16:48: DMC4 Nero clips

Blacknerd

Thanks and nice on the SSS I can use that to show if you knew what to do in DMC 3-4 you could get the SSS ranking with ease. From a casual mindset who is new to the game getting SSS in DmC is still something that is a good thing.

Actually if you could show tricks to get SSS in 3 and 4 that would be nice :p

I personally do get ****y when people get all high and mighty complaining how easy it is to get SSS in a game aimed at making it easier for casuals <__< when in DMC 3 and 4 you could still get it just as easy oh well good job though. Getting my laptop fixed this weekend so after I shoot in the studio I can just edit all this in and ill add you to the credits and so forth

Blacknerd

OH! I forgot... I need boss attack patterns and enemy attack patterns as well. To show how long enemies take to attack in comparison. Any difficulty is fine

SpawnShooter

I'll get to work on the enemy attacks for the weekend. I'll try and add in a few better Nero clips too.

I'm personally not the greatest with exploits etc however 8BitHero has a great series on just the matter, I'm sure if you asked him nicely (and paid) he'd sort you out ;)

Blacknerd

not even exploits in your vids you showed that using quick sliver and a enemies GROUPED UP got you a SSS rating. Not as fast but you got it none the less from playing smart.

SpawnShooter

Ok well I got a few clips of standard SSS things like D.T.E, Jam Session etc as well as enemy aggressiveness/attack patterns from DMC3-4, which includes a few bosses.

I also got a few clips of D.Ted enemies, like damage/health/stun so you can do a comparison with that if you want.

I'm just sorting them out now, my computer isn't the best but it should be done by the end of the day, I'll edit this post when it's done.

Oh and I know you said it was just DMC clips you're after but just as a heads up I don't own DmC so if you need any clips of it, unfortunately I won't be able to provide them.

SpawnShooter

Here you go mate, hope this helps. Sorry if it seems excessive, I know this isn't necessarily a comparison but more a DmC review I just wanted to try and make sure you had everything you might need :)

Also all of the clips (apart from that Sparda clip from in DMC1 and obviously Bloody Palace footage) are in DmD for clarity.

0:00 DMC3 just wanted a clip to show how fast you can die on DmD if you act like an idiot
0:12 DMC3 D.Ted Sloth health

1:06 DMC3 enemy attacks
2:07 DMC3 Cerberus attacks (man he wanted to hit me with those falling spikes and was really against freezing the floor)
4:20 DMC3 Beowulf attacks (it's in a few parts so I could get more of his moves, I think the only one I missed was feathers which is annoying I forgot)
6:24 DMC3 Chess Board (for the madness!)
6:56 DMC3 examples of common SSS tricks

7:48 DMC4 enemy attacks
8:59 DMC4 Berial attacks (missed the AOE explosion and big lunge attack, oh and the back kick counter)
11:09 DMC4 better Nero clips that aren't as dodgy
13:17 DMC4 Example of SSS trick(sorry I am not that creative, I even failed the Overdrive anyway XD)

I hope you don't mind that I didn't quite get all the boss attacks, I thought it would look odd just having 3 second random clips just to include extra moves when there are so few more. I thought this way it would give a better impression of the overall feel from the bosses.
I also did the standard enemies against multiple opponents because in DMC3 (not sure about 4) after you kill a few of the basic enemies the others go into a kind of "scared" state where they don't attack and retreat for a while and I don't know if it permanently goes away or stays slightly and didn't want that effecting things.

Top Bottom