• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Divine Comedy... ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
I'm reading trough the thing now, am at Canto 2, Hell... ugh. If someone knows a free english-russian dictionary, plz give it to me... (Man, offtopic in a first post)... I like the thing so far. But i dunno. It's not Vergil there, it's Virgil... So i dunno whether it's related to DMC anyhow already. Except the name Dante of course.

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
I do believe that the names of the twins do in fact originate from The Divine Comedy. As do a few demons, IIRC?

My first post too, don't worry about going a bit off topic!

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
The name of the ancient Roman poet who inspired Dante Alighieri can be spelled either as Vergil or Virgil, though the latter is actually more common.

The games do make references to the epic poem (for example, Trish=Beatrice, and there was a demon named Geryon in Inferno), but doesn't seem to be explicitly based on it.

I need to get a new copy of The Divine Comedy. :( Mine started falling apart before I could finish reading it.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Bad Wolf;163576 said:
The name of the ancient Roman poet who inspired Dante Alighieri can be spelled either as Vergil or Virgil, though the latter is actually more common.

The games do make references to the epic poem (for example, Trish=Beatrice, and there was a demon named Geryon in Inferno), but doesn't seem to be explicitly based on it.

I need to get a new copy of The Divine Comedy. :( Mine started falling apart before I could finish reading it.
PM me and i will send ya mine, the one which can't fall apart... Cause it's in PDF.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Its a good book, but not really necessary for understanding devil may cry.

I'd suggest reading it anyway if you want more out of the DMC experience though.^_^

Durante

Dead
i saw it in the store even before i started liking devil may cry and i goota say it really atracted me but since it was comedy i didin't quite understand it i think im goona go buy it right now! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom