• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia modding suite

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I founded that on one Dissidia Final Fantasy fan forum since Im also their member so I share some guy work :
SkyBladeCloud
I am here to share with you my last program: ever since I discovered how to edit dissidia textures (and all the images in general) I knew I would end up doing a program like this. In this thread Kiego and I show what is possible by editting character´s data (but it is also posible to edit ALL existing bitmaps in the ISO of the game)

http://www.dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?t=5140

The software is not yet complete, but it should enable you to preview everything in the game and edit most interesting thing (I´ll be completing a tutorial on how to use it as soon as I have time.) This is the program:

Version 0.66 BETA:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12480973/DMS 0.66.rar

changelog 0.66:

-Added AT3 sound reinsertion, works exactly as GIM/GMO reinsertion xD

changelog 0.65:

-Added one tab to correct dirt from a model
-Aded a pair of controls under the BitMap Comversion TAB to change the opacity/transparency of a GIM or TIM2 texture. It ranges from 0 (must be full transparency, invisible texture) to 255 (full opacity, completely solid texture), while the default value after editting should be 128 (half transparency). Some models such as Terra´s need to have the grey zone transparent (or it will present grey zones on the hair xD), I will put a minitutorial about how to change individual colors transparency as soon as i have time

Changelog 0.6

-New extraction/reinsertion engine, much lighter, that only takes about 30 MB scanning the whole ISO.
-Added Sound extraction.

Changelog 0.56:

-Added three more resolutions
-Fixed a BUG
-New stand alone version (Lite) able to extract form ISO with only taking 480 MB of RAM

Changelog 0.5:

-Added 256x128x8 resolutio to the editable list
-Fixed a bug that prevented user to inser 2 consecutives GIM´s into a GMO (thanls to Kraid for the tip )

Requirements:

-Dissidia ISO (I´m sure most of you guys have already ripped it off you UMD´s)
-.NETFramework 4.0 (probably you already have it installed, if not, it´s just a small windows update)
-Enough ram memory for model extraction/reinsertion (2GB should be enough, but you can try with less...)

Limitations of the BETA:

-Only 256x256x8 and 128x128x4 textures can be edited, any other combination is not yet supported.
-After editting a model, it could appear as trasparent, this has been discused before, I know how to fix it, I just need time to implement the code.

TO-DO list

-Implement alpha correction (fixes character ghost-like trasparency)
-Add support for more resolutions
-Implement direct bitmap reinsertion (for example, if you want to edit an image from any menu, or any bitMap that is not embedded in a 3D model)
-Add more mesh2rdm functionality (to export model into 3ds max format)

List of compatible image resolutions:

-256x256x8 -> Character face and body texture +more...
-256x128x8 -> Most weapons textures + more...
-128x128x4 -> Most stages texture + more...
-256x64x8 -> The Buster Sword, Ultima Weapon and maybe more...
-128x128x8 -> Some textures from clothes + more...
-128x256x8 -> Textures for lip movements and eye blink + more...

TUTORIAL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-Extraction and preview:

Guess I could just skip this part, but anyway, I wanted to point out that you can also select the entire ISO when extracting GIM images, that would extract 5000+ GIM images, including summons, caracters, menus (in english and french????), etc.. But note that the conversion of 5000+ images can take a while... ALso, while previewing a model file, you can watch its moves by pressing F5 or you can swap texture set (if there is more than 1) by pressing ENTER, that helps to identify if it´s a battle model or just a model from a cutscene
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-Reinsertion:

When trying to reinsert a GMO in the ISO or a GIM in a GMO, you have to specify the position, so hit "View LOG for this file" after selecting an inserting file and browse to the item you want to reinsert. Then paste its position in the "position to insert" field, select the original file (ISO or GMO), and press insert. Insertion may take a while, but if you are trying to insert a file bigger than the original, you will get a message telling you that it was cancelled (inserting a bigger file would kill you ISO)
3-editing:

Since PNG are completely diffent than GIM images, I implemented editing through TIM2 image format: you can do the conversions (GIM -> TIM2 and TIM2 -> GIM) in the BitMap conversion TAB, but only 128x128x4 (stage textures) and 256x256x8 (most character textures) images are supported in this version.

Now aout editting a TIM2:
The best program for this job Is "Game Graphic Studio". So open you tim2 file with it. Then select the interleace mode (stage textures use PSP and the rest, BGR) to preview the image correctly. If you feel GGS is not enough and want to edit in photoshp or similar, you can export in TGA/BMP/PNG, edit and then import back to tim2.
for questions/doubts email me: keybladecloud@gmail.com

Top Bottom