• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia Duodecim spoiler

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Being as Alpha tester of this upcoming SE action game Im really ****ed that they does to Lighting ( Well im liking that character in FF XIII ). In alpha version in story mode somethingly familiar to Inward Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim i have to wittnes an Gabranth killing FF XIII heroine Lighting in one cutscene. Im sad but I can't upload this vid or I will be cutted from testing game, so Im sharing that only as spoiler. Im in good think that SE change this.

aka958

Don't trust people
lorddemolatron;295510 said:
Being as Alpha tester of this upcoming SE action game Im really ****ed that they does to Lighting ( Well im liking that character in FF XIII ). In alpha version in story mode somethingly familiar to Inward Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim i have to wittnes an Gabranth killing FF XIII heroine Lighting in one cutscene. Im sad but I can't upload this vid or I will be cutted from testing game, so Im sharing that only as spoiler. Im in good think that SE change this.

We all know the new characters won't appear in the original, which is the upcoming war. Why? Because they died. Nothing will change that.

So what's up with her dying? It's a spin-off game that is not canon to either of the main series FF's.

Meg

On the contrary,DT, I really couldn't care less what Square does. I had already seen this tread before you showed it to me and just shrugged it off. I have completely mentally boycotted SE's stuff for the reason that they are incapable of telling a good story and seem to enjoy being complete idiots when it comes to story development. As a writer who has studied the anatomy of writing for years I find their methods sad and laughable. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to throw a great character under a bus then that character doesn't rightfully belong to you. I've been dismissing everything Square has been saying and doing that involves Lightning for the reason that they don't know what they are doing. In my eyes Lightning is my character because I actually treat her right and don't throw her under buses.

And that's all I have to say about that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Good point. Square isn't very good at telling their stories anymore... The last good one was X.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I find not only are game companies running off of no new ideas but the movie industry as well. I mean, they are only making prequels or sequels...nothing new or relitively eye catching anymore, it's like they are stuck on a rinse and repeat mode.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Faust;295519 said:
I find not only are game companies running off of no new ideas but the movie industry as well. I mean, they are only making prequels or sequels...nothing new or relitively eye catching anymore, it's like they are stuck on a rinse and repeat mode.

The sad thing is, I STILL have an idea for a movie that I've had since I was four, and it's still not come true.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Storm Silves;295520 said:
The sad thing is, I STILL have an idea for a movie that I've had since I was four, and it's still not come true.

Maybe we should start up a company of our own and input all our ideas that will dominate the gaming/movie world! *Muwhahahahaha* :lol:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well that could be a great idea to make an new company and use own ideas to make better games. Im also creating my FF XV with will have more mature story.

Meg

Well I'm already working on a XIII-2 story. I say we all meet up somewhere and plot world take ov- I mean game development. Yeah. :|

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have no idea where my movie would come into play, considering it's not FF related at all. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;295516 said:
On the contrary,DT, I really couldn't care less what Square does. I had already seen this tread before you showed it to me and just shrugged it off. I have completely mentally boycotted SE's stuff for the reason that they are incapable of telling a good story and seem to enjoy being complete idiots when it comes to story development. As a writer who has studied the anatomy of writing for years I find their methods sad and laughable. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to throw a great character under a bus then that character doesn't rightfully belong to you. I've been dismissing everything Square has been saying and doing that involves Lightning for the reason that they don't know what they are doing. In my eyes Lightning is my character because I actually treat her right and don't throw her under buses.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I like the stories I've been experiencing in all FF's. Your writing skill and stuff isn't that much anymore when it all comes to opinion after all. I like their methods, their nice. On the Lightning note, read my first reply please.

Storm Silves;295535 said:
Heh, alright. It's pretty mature for the FF-verse though.

Please explain.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;295549 said:
All the FF's fit that description. No two are alike.

And for the record, I liked SW.

All FF's except Spirits Within has FF trademarks which make them a FF. Spirits Within had no relation to anything which Final Fantasy is known for.

I'm not saying it sucked for that reason. I like Spirits Within too.

Top Bottom