• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Discord users: Help me to understand...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi guys!

I've had Discord installed for an eternity but I've never really given it a chance... even though I really should.

Anywho, for those of you with an account and are familiar with the app: is there an URL for individual accounts? For example, when you create an account here, you'll typically be assigned an account URL of something like devilmaycry.org/members/steve - is this the case for Discord? Or do users find others via usernames within the app?

My reason for asking as I'd like to look into refreshing the contact options available here, and Discord is something I'd like to add... but I'm way behind the times where Discord is concerned. For me, MSN Messenger was the pinnacle of social messaging.

Thanks for any and all help, gang!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Pretty much agree with everything you said, haven’t really used IM tool since MSN Messenger outside of Steam & Facebook chat. Was thinking about installing Discord myself as lots of developers use it as a means of communication too but I don’t “get” it. :laugh:

If I get a couple of mins later I will install it and have a play around.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'd definitely join a DMC discord. :thumbsup:

--EDIT--

Only problem now that I think about it is that a username is carried across all chatrooms you enter, so people wouldn't recognise my account for example as it's name comes from a different forum I entered Discord on.

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's a username followed by hashtag and a number I guess. You add people using this ID and wait for a confirmation, or join a dedicated channel through a URL or invite.

I'd join a DMC.org Discord, currently using it for general talk, work related communications, voice chat, it's generally useful for everything.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Thanks for the replies, guys. And glad I'm not the only one that it hasn't properly clicked with, DD. Are we at the point where we're getting too old for new fangle-dangle technology?

Will bring up the Discord chat channel (is that even the correct terminology?) in the staff forum and see what the younger, hipper staff think.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Thanks for the replies, guys. And glad I'm not the only one that it hasn't properly clicked with, DD. Are we at the point where we're getting too old for new fangle-dangle technology?

Yeah maybe we are getting to that point...these young whippersnappers and their fancy shiny new tech. :laugh:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I, too, don't understand discord. I registered, but your username is not unique, which is the absolute most, dumbest design choice. I mean, you can set up discords and be a copycat of someone else. Ridiculous.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I found out a solution to the 'Claim your account' issue I was having.

It tells you to claim the account but when you enter the email and password it says that email/account already exists and puts you in a loop. To remedy this and get rid of that popup and claim the account do the following:

Hit Ctrl + Shift + I,
Click "Application" on the tabs at the top,
Then expand "local storage" on the left hand side
Then click "discordapp.com".
You should see option that says "token" on the table that appears.
Click on that, hit backspace, then hit Ctrl + R.
Login as usual afterwards

Last edited:
Top Bottom