• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Volume 1 Review

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the sad part is this novel is the only sore part of canon since it wouldn't really make sense for Dante to act so nonchalant with Vergil in DMC3 if this novel happened a year before as Vergil did kill Dante's surrogate family and thats a bit much to swipe under the bridge.

It hits too close to home.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
I realized that I didn't post any of my favorite quotes or passages.

Number 1

Dante had glowered at the sky until the rain finally doused the fire and the clouds rolled away.

Goldstein's passage had enabled Dante to throw away "Tony" and regain his true name.

"See ya, old lady. The guns you gave me..... I'm gonna use them better than you ever imagined."

The confusion had left him, No emotion. No Tears. No childish mischief.

But as he walked away from the carnage, two words slipped from unconsciously

"Goodbye, Mother"

Number 2

"Where did you get that thing? Gilver cried, backpedaling under the blade's fury.

"It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy."

Number 3

"Tony paused to recover his breath. The lack of an audience afforded him a rare moment of honesty.

His ironic smile and theatrical red coat were mere props, protective masks, to put his enemies on

the defensive and himself at ease."

Number 4

"Remember our proud name. We are----"

"I don't give a ****." Tony stomped on the animated head, smashing it like a melon. His cold sneer was more demonic than anything else in this hellish dimension. But his face quickly melted as he turned toward Jessica, sympathy and fear driving away the rage.

'Does it hurt Jessica?"
There was no reply.

The tiny hands that once made doria were now gnarled roots. Her flesh had solidified into wood. The bell-like clarity of her voice had been replaced by faltering whimpers. But her unchanging eyes remained fixed on Tony. He couldn't stand her tears.

The tree pulsed with life, its black aura pushing out farther with each breath. It would only be a day or two until the demons' reality overwrote the city. No normal human would survive the palpable atmosphere.

Tony gripped his sword tightly. "I' going to end the pain, okay, Princess?

The statement had none of his characteristic sarcasm.

Tony shut his eyes and swung his sword.

Number 5

After his mother's death, Tony had become obsessed with an old sword left behind by his father.

His younger self had deliriously clutched the weapon out of fear and loneliness.And eventually the
sword had spoken to him.

"And so I hid my name and lived as Tony Redgrave up until now," Tony said aloud.

"I deceived them, so that I could gain the power to fight them as equals."

Had the sword really talked to him? Was it a supernatural ploy by the servants of the demon king?

Had they toyed with him as a child, until he was ready to play their games?

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My favorite part of this novel was the drinking game. Gilver lost, passed out, and had all his stuff stolen. XD Also the scene where Dante tries to save Jessica but it's already too late for her. I enjoy when stories make it so that you can't always save the damsel in distress, makes it more realistic.

The scenes where the hell dimension invades the real world reminds me of the reboot DmC scenes. Say what you want about the reboot but they did an amazing job on the environments. "Limbo" is exactly how I imagined the hell scenes from this novel.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
My favorite part of this novel was the drinking game. Gilver lost, passed out, and had all his stuff stolen. XD Also the scene where Dante tries to save Jessica but it's already too late for her. I enjoy when stories make it so that you can't always save the damsel in distress, makes it more realistic.

The scenes where the hell dimension invades the real world reminds me of the reboot DmC scenes. Say what you want about the reboot but they did an amazing job on the environments. "Limbo" is exactly how I imagined the hell scenes from this novel.
And one of my friends said DmC was only taken from DMC2... He was trying to deceive me! He overlooked the novel.

Top Bottom