• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Trademark Pops Up, Sequel Announcement for PS4, Xbox One, and PC Imminent?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
We have discovered that Capcom has recently registered a trademark for Devil May Cry.

Before we get into our speculation on what this could mean check out our screencap of the trademark below.

As you can see in the image above, Capcom recently registered a trademark for Devil May Cry on 2/14/2014. What could this mean you ask, well it can be a multitude of things actually.

Capcom could possibly be prepping a sequel to the recently rebooted title DmC: Devil May Cryfor the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This trademark could also mean that Capcom may try to go the “Definitive Edition” route and re-release DmC: Devil May Cry for current gen consoles. It’s still too early to call, but we can say that there will more than likely be some news concerning Devil May Cry coming in the near future.

Stay tuned to Junkie Monkeys for more breaking video game news!

Source: http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/devil-...nnouncement-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-imminent/

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I don't understand, how does that mean capcom is going for DmC2 and not DMC5?
Good find though. Any DMC news is good news. But I highly doubt they will continue with the reboot.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Going with a Fraud Edition wouldn't make much sense since DmC is the worst selling game in the franchise.

Capcom said while ago that they want to leave both options on the table, then they say they want more DMC in 2015, then Itsuno says he wants to make DMC5, if all those statements are still true then we just may be getting DMC5 soon.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Obvious flamebait is obvious.
Fraud Edition is simply what I call that stupid Definitive Edition of the pi$$ poor Tomb Raider game and DmC is fact the worst selling in the series so it wouldn't make sense to re-release it on Next Gen.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Alright just as long as we see something concrete, DMC isnt dead.

DMC5 or DmC2 or other options dont matter right now. Just judge whats in front of you.

rocketvergil

Definitive edition is out of the question. There is no way capcom is gonna release a game that didnt make enough money on it's initial release, for the next gen.

Kishido

Hunter
Most likely it will be some dissapointment after seeing the latest **** fo Capcom.

Still jope for a DMC 5

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
You guys its just being trademark...which is weird because it was never was to begin with...its just copyright terms not necessarily means we are going to get a sequel regardless how much i want a DMC 5, but I may be wrong

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm with a few others on this one-it doesn't necessarily mean anything. At this point, we'd just be jumping the gun; I'd rather not set myself up for disappointment. What happens, happens. We'll just have to wait and see.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
I think Capcom will definitely be coming back to the original DMC due to the poor sales that DmC got. As we can see that Capcom just registered "Devil May Cry" and NOT "Devil may Cry". "M" and "m" is entirely two different games. If Capcom registered "Devil may Cry" then it is understandable that the DmC2 will happen which I don't like it, at all. But this is "Devil 'M'ay Cry" with no indication number on it. As we all may know that Capcom really loves surprises. Perhaps Capcom decided to make a tease and leave us with so many questions regarding about this "Devil May Cry" thingy. Capcom knows their fans would definitely make a lot of speculations about this. I think E3 this year will have a bigger chance to show some teases about Devil May Cry. I would be screaming out loud excitingly like nobody else on earth if Devil May Cry: The Tale of Sparda or Devil May Cry 5 would show up in E3 this year. Now I can't wait for E3 on June! Hehe :D

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I think Capcom will definitely be coming back to the original DMC due to the poor sales that DmC got. As we can see that Capcom just registered "Devil May Cry" and NOT "Devil may Cry". "M" and "m" is entirely two different games. If Capcom registered "Devil may Cry" then it is understandable that the DmC2 will happen which I don't like it, at all. But this is "Devil 'M'ay Cry" with no indication number on it. As we all may know that Capcom really loves surprises. Perhaps Capcom decided to make a tease and leave us with so many questions regarding about this "Devil May Cry" thingy. Capcom knows their fans would definitely make a lot of speculations about this. I think E3 this year will have a bigger chance to show some teases about Devil May Cry. I would be screaming out loud excitingly like nobody else on earth if Devil May Cry: The Tale of Sparda or Devil May Cry 5 would show up in E3 this year. Now I can't wait for E3 on June! Hehe :D

But they did buy the rights to DmC: Devil may Cry when the game's first trailer came out so that doesn't automatically rule out that they'd do a DMC simply cause they bought the rights to the name. Not only that, but also consider the movie. Maybe they were claiming the name for the movie that they have in mind. Or maybe its for the DLC costumes in Sengoku Basara 3 and the Monster Hunter costumes of DMC4 Dante and Lady.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is also the possibility that DmC will be getting reworked for next gen ala Tomb Raider.

rocketvergil

There is also the possibility that DmC will be getting reworked for next gen ala Tomb Raider.
I don't think so. They know that very few people bought DmC and among those very few people were some of the people who didnt like it. So, if a next gen game is released, only the few people who liked the original will buy it. None of the people who didnt like it will buy it and nor will new comers waste their money on a game that sold poorly. So, if they care about sales, it's highly unlikely they will just create a next gen edition.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wouldn't discount it. Depending on what it takes to transfer a PC title to next gen it might not be that expensive.

EwadS2342

If it's DmC2, I'll just wait for a summer sale.
If it's DMC5, then I'll buying it after a day of it's release!
If it's definitive edition, I'll pass.
I think CAPCOM will make DMC5 since DmC has low sales.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Well, this is supremely vague. I certainly hope it has something to do with Devil May Cry 5, but if it did, wouldn't it just say Devil May Cry 5? Or are they re-rebooting it? I really hope it's not DmC2. I really disliked the first one - it had unappealing characters, a terrible script, mediocre acting, and so on. To think that two good developers working together could still create a game inferior to DMC4 (and DMC1 in its time) in most respects. I don't see why they'd think a sequel would be a great idea.

I know the movie is supposedly simply called Devil May Cry, so that's probably it. They most likely want to trademark it now before somebody gets wind of it and decides to (legally) steal their idea.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I know the movie is supposedly simply called Devil May Cry, so that's probably it. They most likely want to trademark it now before somebody gets wind of it and decides to (legally) steal their idea.

^Interesting point; I'd all but forgotten about the rumours surrounding a movie.

Either way, we won't know until something official comes to light; at this point, everything is merely conjecture.

Top Bottom