• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Source??

Sharki

I'm new to the forums, but I wanted to know what you people think about creating a new Devil May Cry game with aid of Valve's Source Engine.

Would this be a good idea, yes or no?
Tell me what you think.

Greetings Sharki :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think it'd be pretty cool! But... A first person DMC game? I'm not sure about that. I mean, I'd play it, but I'm not sure if others would.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Welcome to the forums Sharki. ^_^

Hmm, DMC on the Source engine? That'd be interesting, though I can't say what a first person DMC game would be like...I think it'd shy away from the original intention a little too much, though if it were made third person, I'm sure it could become something quite awesome.

Ahh the wonders of the Source engine, easy to code for and it still looks great, even today.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Eeeeh...I'm not so sure first person would do the trick for a DMC game...people not only prefer to see the character they'd be fighting with, but it would also take away from the essence of DMC itself. But as DT said, I'd still pick it up and play it.

EDIT: I feel like I stole from Credo's post ._. It wasn't there when I started to type xD

Sharki

DreadnoughtDT;238163 said:
I think it'd be pretty cool! But... A first person DMC game? I'm not sure about that. I mean, I'd play it, but I'm not sure if others would.

It does not necessary mean a first person game, the Source engine allows to create any sort of game/game style.

It can still be the usual third-person game it is today.

(But it can also be a first person game, like you suggested, but I don't know if that would be playable, for all the fast-paced combo's you're gonna have to put your mouse or joystick to very sensitive.)

Thanks for the reply:)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It doesn't matter if it's first person or third person, I'll still play it. But, since you said third person is possible, that'd be the better choice I think.

And you're welcome for the feedback. ^_^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
People, myself included, seem to forget that some Source engine games have done third person before, IE: You can set up Team Fortress 2 to go third person, I'd like to see what DMC would be like on the Source engine really...

Though if you want graphical clarity, go for the model they used for Lost Coast. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Angelo Credo;238173 said:
Though if you want graphical clarity, go for the model they used for Lost Coast. :lol:

Oh yeah. That thing did water effects like you wouldn't believe...

Sharki

DreadnoughtDT;238174 said:
Oh yeah. That thing did water effects like you wouldn't believe...

I think it was quite easy to do the water effects in Lost Coast, the mentioned in the developer's commentary that it only took about 4 things to make it look that good. But anyway thanks for the hint.;)

Sharki

I'm planning to create it, although I'm alone. (for now:p)
But I won't be able to really work on it in the near future, because I'm also creating another mod that's due to release in July of 2010. But I'll manage to create it.(eventually;))

Another thing, what could be the story for it.
Invent a new story (like DMC5) or redo the main storyline (Starting with DMC3)?

Let me know what you think.:D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You could redo the storyline, yeah, but how would you program all the bosses and such without making them too easy? I dunno, bosses in the Source engine (Antlion Guard and such comes to mind) are kinda easy.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Does anyone remember that underwater level on the Ship in DMC?
I suppose DMC in a FPS would look a bit like that.

As you know, i can't really play FPS's due to motion sickness. So the idea of DMC as that type of game doesn't exactly thrill me.
(Sorry if i put that idea on a downer.)
ALTHOUGH, I would rather have an FPS version of DMC instead of a game that needed downloadable content.

Sharki

About the bossfights think less of antlion guards because they just attack in a straight line. Think more about the AI of a zombie, but it walks and attacks faster.

I'm probably not going to make this an fps.( although i could put some kind of toggle in the game :p)

I'm probably going to make like it is now in a perspective view where the camera only follows but doesn't control the player.

Sharki

BlueDevil;238204 said:
What's wrong with DLC? Aside from the obvious over-priced bit.

I think what you mean with DLC, that will be the updates for it. But don't think you're going to have to pay for it.

The game will be completely free to play.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
:D

I don't have the proper internet connection to get DLC....AND Its overpriced...

(sorry for going off topic sharki)

Top Bottom