• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Similarities

Enma47

Hey I was wondering if anyone else noticed the parallels between the devil may cry series, and The Divine Comedy, by the Italian poet Dante. fist of all the main characters of both are named Dante. In The Divine Comedy Dante is lead through Hell and Purgatory by another Italian poet named,can you guess? Vergil. Kinda like how Vergil in DMC3 leads Dante through the tower of Teme-ni-gru. Many of the bosses you fight in the DMC series have the same names as Monsters Dante, the poet, encounters in hell. another i noticed is that i believe the second level in devil may cry 4 is called La Vita Nuova(The New Life) and The first book that the poet Dante ever wrote was also named La Vita Nuova. also when you die in DMC4 a message appears on screen that says "Abandon All Hope". In the first part of The Divine Comedy, Inferno, when the poet Dante enters the gates to hell he notices a sign above the gates that says "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" well thats about all i got. im sure there are more. hope you guys find this interesting :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah there are a lot of good similarities, that's a given :) I wanna read that book too :)

Top Bottom