• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry movie cast?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
screen gems is trying to make a DMC movie. so, i found a video on some casting ideas that i really agree with.

like the guy said, if you don't agree, tell the world who you think should be playing the roles of these characters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Vergil = Hugh Laurie

Lady = Gaga

Dante = Tom Felton

SING ALONG EVERYBODY.

U GOT BOTH RICK ROLLED AND PSYCHED. :troll:

Reactions: Jak

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
screen gems is trying to make a DMC movie. so, i found a video on some casting ideas that i really agree with.

like the guy said, if you don't agree, tell the world who you think should be playing the roles of these characters
Which version of the cast? Pre-reboot or nt version?

I still prefer Reuben Landgon as Dante. His voice is perfect and he really looks like Dante.
And you can make a movie about DMC too. DmC has also supernatural involved so I don't see why DMC can't,since it is the original series.
And here's why I think he would make a perfect Dante :

You can make a good movie out of everything if you're a good director and producer,in my opinion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
NT i believe. makes sense since DmC was more cinematic than the classic DMC series. but thats just my opinion
I think thats because they approach the game with making a film adaptation in mind because the film adaptation was announced about the same time as DmC.

so the only difference is the characters are easier to cast in a film which makes you think that was the reason for the change in looks back in tgs10.

Right now the cast could be taken from any of the teen dramas on CW. For example- Dante could be played by either Steven R. McQueen ( Jeremy from the vampire diaries) and Colton hayes (Roy Harper from the Green Arrow show).

I think Daniel Radcliffe would make a good Dante if you are going for a name brand actor to play him. He has alot of weight attached and help in getting producers for the film to be made and selling to a public who hasnt played the games.

I still prefer Reuben Landgon as Dante. His voice is perfect and he really looks like Dante.
And you can make a movie about DMC too. DmC has also supernatural involved so I don't see why DMC can't,since it is the original series.

You can make a good movie out of everything if you're a good director and producer,in my opinion.

I agree in the sense that DMC is just as capable to be made into a movie because we live in a age where Marvel comics owns the box office so definitely looking at how movies done by Marvel in recent years like the Avengers etc and also the hellboy movies might be a good template.

I would say the main problem is the story because you would have to punch it up and fix making it more coherent and connected than the games are. The only problem casting wise is Dante and Vergil because they are twins and you would have to find someone who could also pull off white hair.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

he is by far my favorite voice for dante, but he would be really old. dante is a guy in his mid 20's to early 30's. Reuben is in his late 40's i believe. casting him in a live action adaptation would be a mis-cast. if there was an animated film like resident evil, he should be the first on the list

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
look what i found...
tumblr_mh7k87IfoE1s3pct4o1_1280.png

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about...

Nicholas Hoult - Dante
Freddie Highmore - Vergil
Jennifer Lawrence - Kat
Lindsay Lohan - Lillith
Michael Madsen/Brad Dourif - Mundus
Brad Dourif - Arkham (Future DmC Game & movie)
Morgan Freeman - Phineas

C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif
C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006.gif

C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image008.jpg
C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image010.gif
C:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image012.jpg

The movie needs a "Tank" & a "Cipher".

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about...

Nicholas Hoult - Dante
Freddie Highmore - Vergil
Jennifer Lawrence - Kat
Lindsay Lohan - Lillith
Michael Madsen/Brad Dourif - Mundus
Brad Dourif - Arkham (Future DmC Game & movie)

Nicholas_Hoult_2009.jpg

DmC-Dante-devil-may-cry-5-30431841-900-1265.jpg

375px-Umvc3dante.png

220px-Freddie_Highmore_2013_%28Straighten_Crop%29.jpg

2294095-vergil._ninja.theory_.full.1227822.jpg
480px-Umvc3vergil.png
Jennifer_Lawrence_as_Katniss_Everdeen_The_Hunger_Games_promotional_photo_01.jpg
DmC_Kat_01.jpg
1363021784_lindsay-lohan-560.jpg
Lilith_%28DmC%29.JPG

293.madsen.michael.061008.jpg
/
brad-dourif.jpg
dmc_devil_may_cry_mundus.jpg

The movie needs a "Tank" & a "Cipher".

Nicholas & Freddie - those two look-a-like. They can surely use training for swords & guns though.

Jennifer - She looks like Kat

Lindsay - She suits Lilith

Michael & Brad - Can't decide. If I chose Brad, since he played Chucky, even other villains, and is a HORROR FREAK! He can be suited for Mundus. But would I choose him for Arkham instead if it depends on NT to create a sequel.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nicholas & Freddie - Dante & Vergil: those two look-a-like. They can surely use training for swords & guns though.

Jennifer - Kat: She looks like Kat

Michael & Brad - Mundus: Can't decide. If I chose Brad, since he played Chucky, even other villains, and is a HORROR FREAK! He can be suited for Mundus. But would I choose him for Arkham instead if it depends on NT to create a sequel.

Lindsay - Lillith: She suits Lilith

Morgan Freeman - Phineas: He suits him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tom is always young, the guy's like 50 but still looks the same as he did thirty years ago

thirty years:shifty:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
he doesn
Tom is always young, the guy's like 50 but still looks the same as he did thirty years ago

he doesn't fit the role. he doesn't do movies like this. its like casting george clooney as batman. seems natural to have a billionaire playboy portray a billionaire playboy, but when it comes down to it, george wasone of the worst batmen we ever had. i'm not so sure cruise is the ideal choice for dante

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nicholas & Freddie do look alike so they'd be suited for Dante & Vergil.

Brad Dourif can be suited for Mundus since he plays evil characters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Just like Harrison Ford and Sean Connery. I swear they must have really drunk out of the holy grail in The Last Crusade. Sean Connery even played his father in that one!

Top Bottom