• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry movie behind the scenes cast/crew

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i know there are plenty of threads where we discuss the actors in a devil may cry movie, but what about the people who really make it all happen? here is my ideal crew

*director- G. Del torro (hellboy)
*special effects supervisor- (since snyder is busy with the DC movies i had to go with my second choice) jj abrams (star trek and fringe)
*script- jamie delano (constantine) and bryan singer (x-men 1-2 and superman returns)
*stunt choreographer- yuen woo ping (the matrix)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
i know there are plenty of threads where we discuss the actors in a devil may cry movie, but what about the people who really make it all happen? here is my ideal crew

*director- G. Del torro (hellboy)
*special effects supervisor- (since snyder is busy with the DC movies i had to go with my second choice) jj abrams (star trek and fringe)
*script- jamie delano (constantine) and bryan singer (x-men 1-2 and superman returns)
*stunt choreographer- yuen woo ping (the matrix)

Director: Zach Snyder (300), or
Joel Silver (The Matrix) or
Pierre Morel (From Paris with Love) or
Steven Spielberg.

Special effects supervisor: whoever did the best job on the above mentioned movies

Script: ME (and whoever else can put up with me) and I'm totally effin serious.

Stunt choreographer: Just Cause Entertainment (c'mon guys, I thought this would be a given?)

KRSkull

Director: Tim Burton, Christopher Nolan or Paul Verhoeven

Special effects supervisor and stunt choreographer: the people who worked on Equilibrium or Ultraviolet

Script: Matt Damon and Ben Affleck

Actors
Dante/Vergil John Travolta
Lady Jennifer Garner
Arkham\Jester Nicolas Cage

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Directors: Del Toro, Tameen Antoniades

Special effects: The people behind the matrix series.

Stunt choreographers: Equilibrium, and Matrix

script: Kyle Ward, Tameen Antoniades

Actors:
Dante: Tim Phillipps
Kat: Michelle Trachtenberg

So far

berto

I Saw the Devil
Timur Bekmambetov, Robert Rodrigez, or Edgar Wright.

These guys can do action and they can do it well. Wright might mostly do comedies but I think he has the know how to pull off a different genre.

DragonMaster2010

Timur Bekmambetov, Robert Rodrigez, or Edgar Wright.

These guys can do action and they can do it well. Wright might mostly do comedies but I think he has the know how to pull off a different genre.

Didn't he do the Scott Pilgrim movie?

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
No! NO! NOOOOOO! Games and movies don't mix like peanut butter and jelly! They're not compatible!!! This will end up in a big whopping pile of madness! I didn't think people would actually go through with this movie thing and it was a joke. And if you're telling me it's based on Devil May Cry story then I'm out of here. As much as I would like to see it I'm scared to see how it will turn out. :(
I wished that if they had made a movie it was on the original or perhaps showing us what happened 1 year before Devil May Cry 3. And if they did I wished it wasn't actually live people and it was motion captured and voiced by the original actors so we can all be happy. Sort of like the actual game but in movie. Or heck make it a game to while you're at it! But alas this is one opinion in a million that will not be heard. *sigh* ;(

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
No! NO! NOOOOOO! Games and movies don't mix like peanut butter and jelly! They're not compatible!!! This will end up in a big whopping pile of madness! I didn't think people would actually go through with this movie thing and it was a joke. And if you're telling me it's based on Devil May Cry story then I'm out of here. As much as I would like to see it I'm scared to see how it will turn out. :(
I wished that if they had made a movie it was on the original or perhaps showing us what happened 1 year before Devil May Cry 3. And if they did I wished it wasn't actually live people and it was motion captured and voiced by the original actors so we can all be happy. Sort of like the actual game but in movie. Or heck make it a game to while you're at it! But alas this is one opinion in a million that will not be heard. *sigh* ;(

have you seen lara croft or hitman. VG movies can be made. it just requires the right people

DragonMaster2010

No! NO! NOOOOOO! Games and movies don't mix like peanut butter and jelly!

Uhh
1-150x150.png
peanut-butter-loves-jelly1.jpg

I wished that if they had made a movie it was on the original or perhaps showing us what happened 1 year before Devil May Cry 3. And if they did I wished it wasn't actually live people and it was motion captured and voiced by the original actors so we can all be happy. Sort of like the actual game but in movie.
So basically put the DMC3 cutscenes on the big screen and call that the movie? No. They need to be original and do their own style while still keeping up with the lore and actual style of the games. And if they based the movie off the originals, then it would look silly because Dante will have to act like an over exaggerated asshat, and we've already had enough characters like that in movies. Basing it off the new DmC s a better idea because DmC was created with the intention of being a real movie, so the characters come off more like actors.

Or heck make it a game to while you're at it! But alas this is one opinion in a million that will not be heard. *sigh* ;(

Well we don't know the story, so its anyone's guess.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Well we don't know the story, so its anyone's guess.
I had never said anything about making Devil May Cry 3 a movie. And yeah it pretty much is a wild guess. Whatever happens if it has to so with Devil May Cry in any way then I'm in on it. Good or bad this is Devil May Cry. :/ I did survive Devil May Cry 2.

DragonMaster2010

I had never said anything about making Devil May Cry 3 a movie. And yeah it pretty much is a wild guess. Whatever happens if it has to so with Devil May Cry in any way then I'm in on it. Good or bad this is Devil May Cry. :/ I did survive Devil May Cry 2.

We do not speak of that which must not be named.

Top Bottom