• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Investigations

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Vergil stared at the ceiling, holding his sword in his left hand. His new home, the Yamazaki household, was all right. A traditionalist Japanese home, from a long line of yokai hunters. The husband, Juunpei was teaching him Karate and Kenjutsu, and the mother, Sakura, had already taught him some magical spells. With these people, he could gain more power.

A knock on the wall alerted him. Heading out to the window, the young boy looked out. A girl his age sat outside.

'Hey, Verg." The girl had brown hair and wide, brown eyes. she wore comfortable jeans and a t-shirt.

'What do you want, Kat?" Vergil asked.

"Want to go do something fun?" She asked. "I figured out that fire blast trick you showed me."

From the next house over, a voice roared out "Katherine!"

Kat looked back in fear.

Vergil's eyes glanced at the girl, then towards the house. He sighed. "Let's go." Gripping Yamato tighter, he jumped out the window, landing gracefully on the ground. "I have a new spell to show you anyway."

TerrorA

"Ignis!"Kat yelled, and an explosion of flames erupted into existence. The force of the explosion knocked her back.

"You have the power, but no control." Vergil noted. "Here Let me show you." The boy held his hand aloft. "Ignis."

The fire blast blazed to life, sending a loud roar across the forest. The young Dark wing was still standing.

"How'd you do that?" Kat asked. The black and white haired boy helped her up.

"The trick is to plant your feet and let the force of the spell flow through you into the ground." Vergil demonstrated again. "Ignis." The flames appeared, burning the clearing. "Aquae." Kat waved her hand again, summoning water to put out the flames.

"You are getting better." Vergil noted. "I'll tell you what. Tomorrow, I'll teach you a lightning spell."

The girl beamed at her stoic companion

TerrorA

8 years pass.

Dante spun Rebellion like a buzz saw blade, butchering the poor demon.

"Come on!" Dante waved his hand at the other demons, who charged in a rage. Dante leaped high in the air, grabbing a demon's face with his hand as he rose. He slammed his right fist into the demon's chest, cracking it's armor, a simple kick sent it higher into the air, and Dante flipped upside down and spun to deliver bullets into the other demons. Instead of landing, Dante bounced off a demon's head and impaled his sword into the still airborne demon.

Now Dante landed, striking a Jeet Kun Do pose. The remaining two demons attacked. Dante's foot hit the first in the jaw, spinning to deliver a backfist to the second. He followed up with a three stage kick, then grabbed the demon's arm and throwing it into the other. Dante finished them both off with an axe kick so hard, it shook Rebellion out of the ceiling. The blade landed perfectly in Dante's sheathe.

"Second floor, clear." He muttered into his blue tooth.

"Good job Danny." Tony replied. "Now return to the.....oh, ****." Over the Bluetooth came the sound of gunfire and demon screaming. "Son of a- They were hiding underground! Danny, get here now!"

Dante responded instantly, taking off down the hall.

A small army of demons arrived. Ordinarily. he would have loved to take them apart, but not when Tony was in danger.

Dante fired both guns into the demons, never breaking his run even as he struck poses to hit more demons..

The Dark-Wing jumped down the stairs, landing neatly on his feet, with his red and black coat swirling from the force. Dante stumbled as he ran. Over his Bluetooth, he heard the sound of gunfire. Then it stopped.

"You......It can't be you! I killed you, you son of a bitch!" Anthony was scared, but Dane didn't know why.

There was more gunfire, the sound of flesh being pierced. Then silence. Dante ran faster, finally arriving at the mouth of the tunnel in the basement. And there he was.

"Hey, Danny." Anthony tried to smile, but the effort just made him cough up blood. One hand clutched futilely at the wound in his chest. The other held the broken horn of the demon that had hurt......the demon that had killed him

"Tony...." Dante set down his twin GMI Model 3 handguns, affectionately called "Ebony and Ivory".

"Didn't expect to see him here." The demon hunter laughed bitterly. "Looks like you'll be on your own from now on, Danny."

"No. C'mon" Dante reached over to pick up Tony, carry him to a hospital, but Tony waved him off.

"Danny, relax. I taught you everything I know about killing demons. But do me one favor." Anthony handed him the horn. "This horn belongs to a bastard by the name of Koschei. He used to be an assassin...for Mundus."

Dante's eyes morphed at the name, turning icy blue inside of blood red. Ice inside of flames.

"Yeah. Find him, you find Mundus. Good luck, Danny." And with that, Anthony died

TerrorA

*With Vergil and Kat*

Kat held the knife in her hands and wept into Vergil's shoulder. He took the blade from her.

"No use mourning. He doesn't deserve it anyway." Vergil pointed at the body. "Ignis."

The body of Kat's father ignited. The flames spread quickly as the two walked away.

"Where do we go now?" Kat asked.

"If I am to avenge my true parents deaths, I need more power." Vergil explained. "So we travel. Around the world. Find anything that can make us stronger, by angels, demons or magic"

Kat nodded. "Then?"

"Then I find my brother for a family reunion"

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's not that. Just that after a few weeks with no feedback, I wonder if anyone's actually reading it
traffic on the site is slow right now so people might not.

best thing would be to focus on whether or not you want to continue, and if you do maybe moving it to fanfiction.net and writing fuller portions.

its a good story but often the portions are helter/skelter in length so maybe try writing with chapters in mind.

Top Bottom