• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Evil Within

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arwen

Lost Soul
The first installment will start from the begining as some things have changed and some people wouldn't have read it as yet. Hope you like. :D

Prologue

Midnight in a dark ally way a bright light suddenly crackled into appearance. Emanating from this were strange hushed voices. A faint outline of a person could be seen coming closer to the opening. Stepping through from the light stood a man. The man wore a long blue coat that shifted with the wind and a black shirt. He was holding a sword in his left hand, quickly he sheaved his sword. His hair was pure white that fell just below his ears. Using his right hand he pushed his hair out of his face making the tips stick slightly up he then surveyed the surroundings, smiling he looked back towards the light. The light slowly dimmed, disappearing completely. Turning he walked off down the ally way towards the street lights. Behind him he heard a slight whisper.
“Vergil” said the voice so quietly most wouldn’t have noticed it.
Getting nearer to the street lights he could hear raised voices coming from a side ally just in front of him. Slowly he approached the side ally and peered around its corner. From where he was standing he could see three men illuminated by a small fire. He listened closely to the men.
“Hey do you think that guy followed us?” said the largest of the four
“No way Vinnie. We lost him good this time.” the man to Vinnie’s right said
“I don’t know, he’s supposed to be the best” said the man on Vinnie’s left.
“Oh shut up Miles, you need to lighten up. If Dale says we lost him then we lost him.” replied Vinnie
Vinnie is the leader of the remaining members of the Catseyes gang. They had terrorised most county’s which made them the most wanted gang of the year. A high price has been placed on Vinnie’s head for his capture. This caused a stream of bounty hunters and vigilantes to take an interest though with little luck.
A shadow of a figure started walking up the ally from the opposite direction to Vergil. The three men by the fire didn’t see him at first. They looked towards the sound of approaching foot fall and noticed the man walking towards them. The approaching man grew closer and stopped just out of reach of the light.
“You know there are better ways of loosing a guy then that” said the man
“You’re better then I expected Dante.” said Vinnie
“Hey if I wanted to talk all night I’d go see a physiatrist.” replied Dante with a slight yawn
“You’re right. Kill him.” said Vinnie
Dante rushed towards them with his sword un-sheaved. Before any of them could react he was only a few feet away from them. Miles was first to hit the pavement as the man slashed his right leg. Vinnie and Dale fumbled madly and only just managed to get their guns from the back of their pants before Dante reached them. Dale wasn’t lucky enough to get a shot out and fell to the floor with a gash to his stomach. Vinnie on the other hand had time to raise his gun and fire a shot at the mans left shoulder. The man slightly winced then looked straight at him.
“You’ll have to do better then that.” said the man half laughing
Vinnie got a few more shots off from his gun with no impact.
“What the hell are you?” asked Vinnie
“I’m your worst nightmare.” replied the man
The man knocked out Vinnie with one stroke. Looking at the mess around him he shook his head and turned his attention to Miles, Vinne and Dale who were still alive. Miles as Dale where groaning in pain. Dante got Dale, Vinnie and Miles by the back of their coats and dragged them down the ally way with a lot of swearing from both Dale and Miles. They disappeared into the darkness. Vergil emerged from where he had been watching.
“Still hunting dear brother. Such a waste.” said Vergil
Virgil looked at the bloody mess then turned and walked off down the ally way.
Later that night in the same ally way that Vergil had vacated the bright light reappeared and another figure emerged from its light. This time it was a woman wearing blue revealing top and blue pants. Her long raven hair shifted in the wind. She looked quickly at where she was then carried on down the ally towards the street lights. As she started to walk down the alley way the light behind her vanished. The woman walked quite quickly down the alley and came across the side alley. Smelling the blood she turned and looked at the direction of the fire. As she scanned the side alley she spotted slight traces of blood. Smiling the woman shook her head and carried on down the alley way. Reaching the lights she found the road completely deserted. The only living thing in view was a kid walking drunkenly down the side walk. The kid looked no more to twenty in her eyes. Smiling she followed him down the street as quietly as she could into the night.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 1

Three weeks later in the early hours of the morning Dante entered his office throwing his coat on the pool table. Looking carefully at his coat Dante found bullet holes. He lifted it up to examine the damage.
“Can’t these guys do anything better than shooting. I’ve only had this a week.”
He placed the coat back down on the pool table, made his way to his desk placing Ebony and Ivory on the table. Sitting in the chair Dante placed his feet on the desk then closed his eyes. The next thing he knew the phone was ringing. Opening his eyes Dante found that the sun had risen. Sleepily he answered the phone.
“Devil May Cry” he said into the receiver
“Hey Dante, I’ve got a job for you.”
“This had better be good. Last job you sent me on they only gave me a few measly bucks.”
“This is big. I mean really big”
Dante perked up.
“Well. You gonna to tell me or do I have to come down there to find out? ” said Dante
“Oh no there’s need for that. Some guy named Calvin wishes to use your erm talents. He says that he’ll pay good money for your help in a little matter.”
“And?”
“He says he’ll only talk terms with you. Something about it being a personal matter.”
“Ok where does he want to meet?”
“Yaling Bar 11.00 O’clock tonight.”
Dante placed the receiver back down on the phone, getting up out of the chair he decided to take a shower.
It was 10.30pm and Dante decided to leave his office and he headed for the Yling Bar. Looking at his coat he just shrugged then put it on quickly. From rumours around the city the Yaling Bar was a rough place full of the sort of people who would prefer not to be involved with the reality of the world. Dante wondered why a meeting would be held in such a shady place instead of his office. Wandering in thought he suddenly found him self under a neon light. Yaling Bar read the sign. The place looked quite small and not very well kept. Everything was boarded up except for the main door which to him seemed to only be held on by one pin. Dante walked through the door and found him self in a small, dimly lit bar which by the smell of things hasn’t been cleaned in centuries. There were only a few select people sitting huddled by a fire place. Walking up to the bar he found all eyes were watching him carefully. Dante approached the bartender who looked more then a little uneasy. The bar tender had short blond hair and more then a few scars on his face which gave a shifty look about him.
“Hey I’m looking for Calvin” said Dante to the bartender
“Over there”
Dante looked to where the bartender had pointed and found a lone man sitting in the darkness. Approaching he found that the man had probably chosen this spot due to how it was shadowed. No matter how close he got to the man his face was always shadowed. Dante reached the table and stood watching the man closely. The lone man was wearing a sleeveless black shirt and brown pants. A small jumbled bundle was to the left of the man.
“Calvin I presume?” said Dante
“Glad you could make it.”
“I heard you’ve got a job.”
“Yes please sit.”
Dante sat opposite Calvin
“It’s only a small matter but I’ve heard you’re the best.” said Calvin
“Ye I heard that too.”
“I’m looking for a specific artefact which I hope to obtain.”
“I’m no collection boy. You want someone to collect it get someone else.”
“If it was as simple as that I wouldn’t have asked for you. You see this artefact is located in a temple.”
“Why doesn’t that surprise me. Let me guess this so called temple has mystic powers and unbelievable horrific creature’s right?”
“Something like that. This temple is underground and very hard to find.”
“OK what’s the artefact?”
“It’s only a small piece but very valuable. It’s located in the main worshiping chamber in the centre of the temple. It’s very dangerous which is why I can’t just let anyone retrieve it. I’ll pay a considerable amount for its retrieval”
“Sounds fun. Where is this temple?”
“Luckily it’s only down town.”
Calvin gave Dante a map.
“This map will show you the floor plans and the entrance.”
Dante took the map and looked at it carefully.
“There’s a lot of floors in this place.”
“I would avoid the lower levels. I’ve heard the most powerful of beast lives on those floors.”
“You’ve got a deal.”
They both shuck each others hand.
“I’ll meet you at your office once you have the item.”
Dante stood up and left the Yaling Bar.
Entering his office a few minutes later Dante was surprised to see a woman sitting in the chair with her feet on the desk. The woman was dressed in a blue revealing top and matching pants.
“Well hallo Lady. You lost?” said Dante
The woman took her feet of the desk
“Could ask you the same question.” replied the woman with a smile
Dante walked up to the desk and sat down on it.
“Dante I presume?” asked the woman
“You know my name how about you give me yours babe.”
“Smooth very smooth. They call me Marinda”
“So Marinda you want something or do you want something.”
Marinda stood up and placed her face only inches from his
“What do you think.” replied Marinda
Marinda stepped back and walked to the pool table. Dante watching her intently.
“I heard you had a meeting with Calvin.” said Marinda
“Word travels fast.”
“You could say that. I’m interested in the offer he made you.”
“Oh so you’re only here for the money. And I thought you came for the company.”
“Maybe I came for both.”
Mirander gave Dante a sweet smile.
“I actually came to give you some advice. Although from your record I doubt you’ll take it.” continued Marinda
“You never know what sort of advice.”
“Stay away from the temple.”
“I guessed that was the case.”
“Things aren’t what they seem, even a big pay cheque can cause consequences.”
“No offence lady but I think I can look after my self.”
Marinda walked up to Dante stopping only a few inches from his face.
“I don’t doubt that.”
Marinda stepped back and looked Dante up and down.
“Well if you won’t listen to advice it looks like you have a partner.” said Marinda
“Oh no. I’m not having no girl holding me up.”
Marinda smiled and headed for the door and stopped, turning quickly a lightening bolt from her left hand shot towards Dante. Dante only just moved in time for the bolt to miss him and hit the back wall. Dante walked calmly to his sword that was hanging on his wall. Taking it down from the wall he turned to face Marinda.
“Lady of many talents I see. Bring it on.” said Dante
Marinda held up her right had and a sword appeared.
“You’re on.” replied Marinda with a smile
Marinda rushed at Dante did a jumping twist aiming her sword to his waist. Dante blocked the blow then swung his own sword at her left leg. Jumping back just in time Marinda avoided the blow. Raising her free hand she shot a lightening blot into his direction. Dante moved out of the way just in time.
“You’ve got some skill, I’ll give you that.” said Dante
“Marinda smiled placed her sword on her back and held her palms up right. Instantly two guns appeared.
“Let’s have some fun.” replied Miranda
Placing his own sword on his back Dante as quickly as he could rushed for the desk for his guns a few shots where fired from her gun as Dante made his way to the desk. One of the flying bullets hit his shoulder making him wince slightly. Reaching the desk he graped both his guns and toppled the table to give him more cover. More shots were whizzing around him. Dante slowly looked around the table. He could see Marinda by the pool table. Seeing him she fired a shot in his direction. Dante got up from the table. He fired of shots as he walked towards her. Marinda moved to avoid the shots shooting back as she did. One of his shots caught Marinda on her leg. She fell awkwardly behind the table. Gun fire went on through the night as did a ringing of metal against metal. It was the early hours in the morning and the noise from inside Dante’s office died to a stop. Dante was leaning by the desk breathless. Marinda also out of breath walked unsteadily towards him with her sword slightly raised. She aimed a shot at his waist which Dante awkwardly blocked with his own sword. Marinda’s knees buckled sending her to the floor. Dante stopped leaning on the desk and made his way to her his guns pointed in her direction. She waited for the shot and was surprised when Dante fell to the floor next to her. They both lied next to each other looking at the ceiling which was cracked and missing a fan.
“I’d only got this place back to normal after the last time” said Dante
“Ye but it was a lot of fun”
They both laughed.
“So you want to go hunting partner?” said Dante
“I thought you’d never ask.”

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 2

Taking their swords and guns they decided to set off for the temple early in the night on Marinda’s motorbike. Dante was driving with Marinda reading the map carefully. They where speeding down Backdone road when he suddenly stopped.
“What’s wrong?” asked Marinda
“I don’t know but something feels out of place.”
They both felt a slight chill that seemed to emanate from an ally way on the right.
“Let’s check it out.” Dante continued quietly
Getting off the bike they made their way slowly down the ally way. The coldness grew stronger. Marinda started to shake slightly as they moved further on.
“I should have brought a coat.” said Marinda
“Here.”
Dante took off his coat and handed it to Marinda. She took it great fully and put in on. The coat was slightly big on her put she was happy to be a little warmer. Reaching a dead end they looked carefully around. Dante held Ebony and Ivory in his hands expecting something to happen. Waiting silently for a while they decided that nothing was going to happen and head back to the bike. The coldness lessoned as they moved away from the wall. Dante placed his guns back into there holders and getting on the bike they sped off towards the temple. Back in the ally way a shriek could be heard for miles around then died away replaced by the sound of dragging metal.
Dante and Marinda arrived at the entrance way to the temple and were surprised at its location.
“Well this is new.” said Marinda
“If you’ve been on as many hunts as me nothing surprises you.”
They both took their guns from their holsters and carefully walked into the underground station that was in front of them. They noticed that the place hadn’t been used in years, rats and other animals seemed to have moved into it over the years. Looking around they saw that all the shops were boarded closed. Marinda had found where they had to go by a peculiar sign post painted on a wall. Death read the sign painted in big letters of blood. Following the sign they reaching the platform Dante and Marinda looked around and found nothing of interest. A faint sound came from the tunnel on the left and from what they could tell it was getting closer.
“This doesn’t sound good.” said Marinda
“Scared?”
“No but from the look of the place it hasn’t been used in years.”
A tram arrived at their station then slowed to a stop and opened its doors. Dante and Marinda stepped onto the tram. Closing its doors the tram started to move again. Like the station the tram looked like it hadn’t been used in years, dust and rubbish littered the floor. What was remaining of the lights flickered it was like this through all the carriages they entered. It wasn’t long until they reached the end of the tram. Dante placed both guns in there holsters and tried to open the cabin door and found it locked.
“Damn.” Dante said
Marinda looked back the way they came and thought she had seen something a few carriages away.
“There’s something down there.” Marinda said in a hushed voice
Marinda took off Dante’s coat and passed it back to him. Dante put his coat on then took out Ebony, Ivory again and aimed for the door they had just entered from. Marinda took her guns doing the same and waited in silence. Listening they could make out a faint sound of metal being dragged on the floor. The sound got closer and closer then suddenly stopped. Nothing happened for a moment then the door blew open and a Hell Vanguard stepped into the carriage. A shriek rose around and every window smashed. A few shards of glass scratched Marinda in the face causing a few lacerations to appear. Within minutes the lacerations had totally disappeared from her face. Dante and Marinda opened fire causing the Vangaurd to move backwoods.
“We’re too closed in to fight.” said Dante
“The door, open it.”
Dante stopped shooting and turned towards the locked door. He kicked it with as much force as he could causing the door to swing open. The Vangaurd was advancing quickly on them so grapping Marinda who was still shooting they rushed into the main control room and slammed the door shut. Looking around for something to block the door Marinda and Dante placed their guns back in the holsters and came across a spanner. With nothing else to use she placed the spanner between the handle and a small catch she located by the side of the door.
“This wont hold for long.” said Marinda
“I don’t think it has too.”
A small light shone just in front of the tram and was getting closer. Dante opened the door to the outside of the tram.
“When I say jump, jump.” Dante said
The wind was blowing their hair widely as they waited. The tram carried on down the line coming to a station.
“Jump” said Dante.
As they jumped a noise of breaking metal could be heard from inside the cabin. Dante and Marinda landed on the station platform hard and watched the tram speed by with the Vangaurd inside. As the tram grew further away they could here a faint shriek coming from its direction.
Dante just stood and stared at where the tram had headed. Marinda watched the tram travel down the line then turned her attention to Dante.
“Let’s go.” Marinda said
Dante didn’t move.
“DANTE. This isn’t the right time. Let’s go.” she shouted
Dante reluctantly followed Marinda. Quicker then before they started to look for the way out. As they followed the sign for the main entrance they noticed that most of the station although empty for the moment was just like any other station in the city.
The floors were cleaner then the other station and the shops though closed were advertising the standard items you would expect to find. Stepping out of the underground they found themselves at what looked like an estate. All the houses seemed to be absent of people, even the streets were deserted. Street lamps were dotted around the only road to and from the estate. Marinda looked at the map concern showed on her face.
“We got off too early. This place isn’t even on the map.” said Marinda
“Come on. Let’s get out of here.”
They both walked down the road with Marinda still checking the map. Dante took the map off Marinda after a short time.
“Hey. I was trying to find where we are.” she protested
“If you haven’t found it already you ain’t going to Marinda.”
Marinda smiled and taking the map off Dante folded it and placed it in her back pocket. Marinda stopped and to look at her surroundings. A small dot of light seemed to shine in the distance.
“Looks like we’re coming to a building” said Marinda happily
“Hey maybe they’ll have take out.”
Marinda looked at Dante then shaking her head walked off down the road.
“I was just kidding. Oh come on.” continued Dante as he walked after her.
The rest of the way to the light was uneventful much to Dante’s disappointment when they approached the light Dante and Marinda found what could only be described as a temple.
“We’ve found it.” Marinda said
The temples door was closed and chained from what Dante could see, he also noticed that there was no entry to be gained through this point. Marinda walked towards the gate and lifted the chains. Just as she was about to turn back to Dante a load voice echoed from within the temple.
“Who dares enter the sacred temple?” said the voice
“You know after god knows how many times hearing those words it just bores me.” replied Dante
“You dare insult me human.” The voice angrily replied
“No offence but can we move this along before I get to old to do anything.” said Marinda
“Foolish girl. I am the most powerful demon in this realm.” snapped the voice
“Ye sure you are. Now either let us pass or get that butt out here.” Dante said
The entire temple moved violently and the door which they were facing collapsed. A huge lion like figure appeared from the temple.
“I am Aldis. No one orders me. You will pay for your insults humans.” roared Aldis
“Bring it on kitty.” Dante replied
Aldis enraged ignored Marinda and rushed towards Dante on all fours. Dante moved quickly taking out his sword as he did so. While Aldis was concerned with Dante Marinda ran towards Aldis sword in hand and slashed at his back Aldis screamed in rage and tried to knock Marinda out of the way with his paws but she had backed off quickly. Aldis turned his attention on Marinda which gave Date the opportunity to slash at his paw as Aldis turned. Aldis backed off from Marinda and Dante thinking of a better strategy. His body started to shake and glow. Dante and Marinda looked at each other than ran for cover. Aldis body seemed to shoot out fireballs which they both had avoided. Dante and Marinda kept on distracting Aldis each time letting the other take a shot and occasionally getting thrown and clawed around the street themselves. They used both their swords and guns until they found Aldis was weakening. Marinda walked over to where Dante was standing. Stopping beside him they raised their guns and fired round after round at Aldis moving quickly and carefully in perfect synch. Aldis who had been weakened by the assault of weapons took the bullets in the chest and head then fell to the ground. The guns stopped, Marinda and Dante watched Aldis carefully keeping their guns on him.
“You win. Not even the most powerful can withstand two.” said Aldis defeated and bleeding
“Don’t feel bad kitty. You just do what you do and we do what we do.” Marinda said
“My names Aldis. You both may pass but heed my warning. I’m just the first of many trials. Be warned next time you might not be lucky.” replied Aldis
Aldis shivered then ceased to move.
“I feel pity for him. He was just doing his job.” said Marinda
“Very loudly.”
“A bit like you then Dante.”
Dante smiled slightly then they walked into the temple through the door in front of them.
Back down in the underground the Vangaurd emerged from the tram lines and slowly walked towards the min exit which Dante and Marinda had walked out of. Its scathe dragged on the floor making a metallic sound.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 3

Entering the temple they found them selves at the top of a stair case. Dante looked over the edge. The stairs seemed to carry on into the darkness below.
“This’ll be easier than I thought.” said Dante
“Well see.”
Slowly they started down the stairs and into the darkness below. It seemed like hours before they reached the bottom of the stairs. A large door was straight in front of them. Lamps were shining either side of the door. Walking forward they opened the door slowly with their guns raised and scanned the room. It was a large room with lamps hanging on the walls. The only think they noticed was what seemed like a stone bench located in the middle of the room. There was no other door to be seen but the one they have just come from. Moving slightly beyond the door Marinda and Dante started to look more closely at the room. As they stepped through the door way it slammed shut behind them. Not taking any notice to the door they started for the bench. The bench seemed quite normal if out of place in the large room Marinda looked at the bench carefully and could smell a faint hint of blood. There was no sign of blood on the bench but the smell was unmistakeable. Dante even backed off slightly from the bench.
“This place must have been last used a while ago.” Marinda said
“Not long enough for me.”
Marinda put her guns away and studied the map.
“There should be a trap door in here some where.” said Marinda
Not really looking where she was going Marinda walked around the room until she came to the spot that she thought might be the trap door. Looking down she saw that she was standing on a large mosaic. Dante was slightly behind her but stopped before he stepped onto the mosaic. He could feel a large pull from the moasic and fait voices echoed into his head. Looking at Marinda he found that she was experiencing the same things. Marinda placed the map back into her pocket and walked swiftly towards Dante. As she reached the edge of the mosaic she found that she couldn’t move from it. What could only be called an energy barrier was stopping her movement towards Dante. Dante slowly walked towards the barrier and reached his hand out. His hand didn’t penetrate the barrier but made it slightly ripple.
“Oh great. Just like a bird in a cage.” moaned Marinda
Just then a faint voice echoed through the room.
“Son of Spader. You have entered the sacrifice chamber and must pay the price.” echoed the voice
“From the smell of things I can guess the price.” replied Dante
“The woman must be sacrificed as she has committed a great insult to us by stepping on the spiritual place with no approval.” continued the voice
“No way man. She’s with me. You want her you’ll have to go through me first.” said Dante angrily
“Very well you will both be sacrificed for us.” replied the voice
At that moment small creatures entered the room from the door. Placing his main focus on the creatures he readied him self for the fight. The creatures circled Dante then one of them raced towards him. Dante took shot after shot at the creatures. Behind him he could here Marinda cries of pain. Trying not to focus on her he continued to fight with the creatures. The first creature went down and melted away. The others took up its attacks gaining ground which made Dante pull back. The ones that got close enough to him were kicked then taking his sword slashed until they too melted. The more Dante persisted the more creatures seemed to appear.
“Dante the bench use the bench” cried Marinda with clenched teeth
Dante rushed at a group of creatures knocking them out of the way. Grapping one of them he threw it on the table then staked it with his sword. As he did so the other creatures backed off slowly. The creature on the table moved violently with green blood oozing over the bench. It stopped moving after a few seconds. Dante went closer to it and witnessed it melt into the bench. He noticed the others were also melting then disappearing. Hearing a large thud noise to the left of him he looking in that direction he saw Marinda collapsed on the floor. Quickly he went to her a knelt beside her. He placed his guns back in their holsters.
“Marinda.” said Dante
“The sacrifice has been paid you may pass.”
“Oh no.”
The floor started to shake and a small square hole appeared a few feet away from where he was. Dante just looked at the lifeless body of Marinda. He was just about to pick up Marinda when she coughed violently.
“Marinda.” Dante said happily
“Hey you can’t lose me this early on man.”
Helping Marinda to her feet they both walked to the hole. Marinda was a little light headed so Dante helped her.
“You first.” Dante said
“I might pass for once and let you go first.”
Dante pushed Marinda into the hole and she fell into the darkness. Dante followed shortly after.
Dante landed hard on the dusty floor. Looking around he found Marinda standing in front of two tunnels. Marinda turned to face him her eyes seemed to have a red glow in them. She seemed to be thinking then her eyes dimmed and turned back to there original colour.
“This way.” Marinda said
Dante followed Marinda down the long winding tunnel. Apart from the occasional rats the passage through the tunnel went smoothly. The end of the tunnel wasn’t that far from where they had began. Walking out of the tunnel they came to another stairwell.
As before they walked down the darkness of the stair. The bottom of the stairs was a slow running river with a boat tied tightly just in front of them.
“Wanna take a boat trip?” said Dante
“We’ll I certainly don’t want to go back. I’ll steer you row.
“Figures.”
Getting in the boat they let the river take them down the stream. Dante rowed slightly as Marinda steered. Large stone figures were dotted around the little river. The figures reminded Marinda of things she had seen and from the look on Dante’s face he felt the same way.
“Reminds me of a place I went to.” said Dante
“Business or invite?
“Both really.”
“Reminds me of this one place as well. It would have been quit romantic if that big monkey thing didn’t appear.”
“Monkey thing?”
“Well it looked quite monkeyish.”
“Date was it?”
“No business.”
“Oh ye sure.”
“Says a guy who probably takes most of his dates on dangerous adventures.”
“Actually you’re the first.”
Dante quickly closed his mouth and looked back to the figures
“You’ve been caught out Dante. I didn’t even know you cared.”
“I erm don’t. Hey looks like we are coming to the end of the river.”
“Nice deflection.”
The boat slowly got swept towards a walkway. Dante jumped out of the boat to the walk way and tied the rope to a rung in the ground. Marinda stepped out of the boat and waited for Dante to finish. Looking around they found them selves at a foot of yet another stair this time leading upwards. Unlike the other stairs this one was well lit. Marinda looked at the map.
“This should lead straight to the worshiping chamber.” Marinda said
“So soon, and just when it started to get interesting.”
“You need to do something less dangerous for a while.”
“Too exciting huh?”
“Come on. I want to be still young when we reach the chamber.”
Dante led the way up the stairs followed closely by Marinda

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 4

The door at the top of the stair was a lot like the one to the sacrifice chamber. Marinda carefully opened the door. This room was filled with chairs and an alter at the back. Much to their relief there was another door located on the right side of the room. They both entered the room and as before they took out their guns. Entering they found what looked like a tomb located behind the alter.
“The relic should be located at the alter.” Marinda said
“I’m glad someone knows where it is.” replied Dante
“Oh, I erm well it’s a long story. Maybe when we get out of here I’ll tell you over coffee.”
“I’ll hold you to that babe.”
Dante walked up to the alter slowly then walked up its stairs. Marinda started towards the tomb.
“The relic should be by the book. It’s a small pendent.”
Dante around the book and found nothing. Looking in the book he still found nothing.
“It’s not here.” said Dante
“Well look in the box located under the shelf.”
Marinda had reached the tomb and was reading the symbols written on it.
“It must have been moved.” Dante said a little irritated
“Someone must have told them we were coming.”
Dante walked towards Marinda. She felt his present beside her. Not even looking up from the tomb she could tell he was curious.
“It says, one who has been given the grace of life will rise again to take back what is theirs. Poetic really” Marinda said
“I suppose you could call it that.”
“They must have relocated the locket. My best guess is the lower levels. Maybe in the things chamber.”
“You seem to know a lot about this place.”
“Yes I do but now isn’t the right time for this. I really hope the pendent isn’t in the creature’s chamber. I heard stories about the creature. It’s supposed to be unstoppable.”
“Sounds like one hell of a party.”
A sound of metal being dragged was heard faintly outside of the chamber.
“You have to go now. Here take the map.” said Marinda
Dante looked blankly at her but took the map.
“Take that door and head down. I’ll see you later on. Now go.” Marinda continued
Marinda Headed towards the door they had come from. The metal sound grew closer.
“Dante just go. I can handle myself. You’re needed else where.” said Marinda
Dante quickly caught up with Marinda and kissed her deeply.
“Don’t die on me.” he said
He then ran quickly towards the other door kicking it open. Marinda saw him disappear then turned her attention to the approaching sound. The door that she was facing swung violently open revealing the Vanguard. The Vanguard stopped and watched Marinda carefully. It shrieked making the walls and floor vibrate.
“You come to shriek at me or are we going to do this?” she said
The vanguard advanced slowly and the fight began.
Dante had run down a tunnel which the door had entered into. He heard the shriek coming faintly down the tunnel. Stopping he faced the direction he had just come from. Concern showed in his face but he carried on running down the tunnel away from the noise.
After a few minutes Dante found the tunnel opened up to what looked like a train tracks. I tram was positioned just before Dante with the door open.
“This looks like fun” he said
Dante stepped into the tram and headed for the main controls. The control room had only a few buttons on the dash board. Green, red and blue buttons. He pressed the green button and the tram started moving slowly. It was a smooth ride as the tram ran down the track. He didn’t know how long it had been but Dante heard a bang on the roof. Slowly he took out his guns and moved with the sound of bending metal. The sound stopped at the door. Waiting he aimed his gun towards the door. He waited then saw the door slowly open. A large spider like creature scurried into view. Its fangs dripping venom.
“Well at least this trip isn’t boring.” said Dante
He fired a shot from his guns at the creatures head. It backed up then advanced slowly. Getting a few feet from Dante it pounced Dante moved shooting as he went. Getting near to the spider he un-sheaved his sword and slashed at its legs making the spider fall to the ground. He jumped in the air over the creature spinning and slashed at its body. The spider hissed as venom and mixed with its blood vented widely in the tram. Dante backed up from the spider making sure no venom got on his skin. The blood stopped and the creature unmoving lay where it had fallen.
“Well that was a blast.” Dante said
The tram slowed down then stopped a second later. Getting out of the tram he looked at his surroundings. A large door was located in front of him. Walking towards the door he heard a small tapping of feet behind him. Smiling a little he turned and found himself facing a number of spiders.
“I was wondering when the rest of you would get here. Well let’s dance.”
The spider quickly advanced towards him. Still having his sword he slashed at the first spiders that got into reach. They were pushed back as the others advanced. Gunfire and hisses filled the tram tunnel. Spiders were falling every where as Dante took care of them. To the disappointment of Dante the spiders were becoming few until he had destroyed the last few.
“That all you got, Hell I could have done that in my sleep.” Dante said
As he turned towards the door Dante noticed the tram travelling back up the track.
“Marinda” Dante hoped
Entering the chamber he found it to be deserted a part from the door to the left.
Walking into the room he noticed a light getting brighter and a female voice came from it.
“My dear Dante. How nice to meet you at last. I must say you look a lot like your brother.” said the voice
“Vergil’s been getting around a bit I see.”
“He’s more quite then you.”
“Look lady or what ever you are unless you have something better I’m out of here.”
“Oh you can’t go yet. I haven’t introduced myself yet.”
The bright light dimmed showing a woman standing there. The woman had raven hair, black long skirt and a revealing black top.
“I’m Drucilla. Why are you here son of Spader?” asked the woman
“Hey I get invited to all the good parties.”
“Oh so the pendent means nothing to you? From my dominions I heard you were here for the pendent.”
“Man if you’re the most powerful beast everyone’s been talking about I must say it’s quit disappointing.”
“Huh, if I was the beast you wouldn’t be standing. Shame about the girl though.”
Dante gave a look of concern.
“I thought you didn’t care for her. Anyway the Vanguard destroyed her. Quit sad really.” She continued
“I don’t believe you.”
“Here I’ll show you.”
Another bright light appeared and he saw Marinda. She had blood over her clothes and a few of her cuts hadn’t healed. She was shooting quickly at the Vanguard as it advanced on her. Weak she didn’t move in time and was thrown at a wall. A heart sickening thud could be heard as she hit the floor. Marinda just lied on the floor as the Vanguard moved closer to her. Taking her own sword it moved until it was other her.
The picture faded then disappeared. Tears fell from his eyes. Wiping them away he faced Drucilla.
“You really did care for her.” said Drucilla
Dante didn’t answer but shot her in he chest. Drucilla surprised fell backwards and landed on the floor. The next thing she knew Dante was over her anger showed in his face.
“I don’t believe you.” he said
“Believe it or not I just show the truth. Now excuse me I have somewhere to be. Until next time Dante.”
Drucilla faded then disappeared. Dante didn’t say a word and waited. If Marinda hadn’t made it then there was only one thing that could have activated the tram, the Vanguard.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 5

What seemed like hours Dante just stood there and waited. Eventually the familiar sound of metal being dragged sounded from the other side of the door. Pointing Ebony and Ivory towards the door he found the sound to have stopped. Silence continued for a few more seconds then the door slowly swung open. The Vangaurd entered the room and faced Dante.
“I’ve been waiting.” said Dante
The Vangaurd said nothing but just stared.
“You will pay for what you have done. This is for Marinda.” Dante continued
Not even waiting Dante shot at the Vangaurd in the body. The Vangaurd slightly knocked back moved slowly towards Dante with its scathe raised. As the creature got closer enough it slashed towards Dante. Dante jumped over the scathe still shooting. Landing he quickly placed his guns in there holsters and taking his sword went into devil trigger and rushed towards the Vangaurd. In his devil trigger Dante moved more quickly then he could in his normal state. Dante managed to get a few hits with his sword before he had to back off.
“You had enough yet? Well too bad man. You’re going down if it’s the last thing I do” said Dante in anger
His devil trigger faded out. The Vangaurd slashed at Dante again. This time Dante was a little slow and he scathe connected with his arm causing a deep cut to appear. Dante looked to his arm and found it to be healing quickly. Taking out his guns he fired a few more shots as he dogged another attack from the creature. Finding an opening he took his sword and staked the Vangaurd in the stomach. To his surprise it got stuck in its body. The Vangaurd staggered back then slashed at his opponent with the back of the scathe. Dante was knocked to the wall hitting it with a thud. Looking up at the creature he found the blackness trying to take him. A voice echoed inside his head.
“Dante get up. If you don’t you’ll die. Now get up. DANTE” said the voice
The voice sounded like Marinda’s. Quickly recovering he only just moved out of the way of the scathe that was aiming for his heart.
“Not this time.” Dante said
Getting a few shots in Dante found the Vangaurd had stopped advancing. It then blew apart emanating a small light. The light faded and the only person left in the room was Dante. Getting up he walked to the small door and kicked it open. Stopping suddenly he looked to where he had just come from. Torn between the pendent and Marinda he knew he had to make a choice. Dante walked through the door.
Entering a large corridor that was covered in stargerd pictures which shimmered. A door stood at the other end of the corridor. Walking quickly it only took him a few minutes too walk the distance. Kicking the door open he found a large statue at the other end of the room. The statue seemed to be sitting on a throne. To Dante’s mind it seemed familiar. It was a man with short hair. A large sword was to its right. Its face looked solemn. He walked up towards the statue stopping a few feet away from it. The pendent was located in the statues stomach.
“Why can’t things be simple. Like placing the pendent on a table or something.” said Dante
Switching to his devil trigger Dante jumped up and landed on the statues arm that was carved just under the pendent. The pendent glittered in the lamps light. He outstretched his hand but pulled it back when his hand touched the pendent. Dante looked at the statues face its eyes seemed to be fixed on him. This was imposable but it still remained in his mind. He tried to remember where he had seen that face before. Still not finding the answer he quickly took the pendent and jumped off the statue. Walking towards the door he had just entered he heard a load noise like falling stones he turned. The statue was standing watching him.
“You have stolen what is rightfully mine son of Spader.” Said the statue
“A talking statue who would have guessed.”
“Don’t mock me. You may be the son of Spader but you still have limits. Give me back what’s mine and I’ll let you live.”
“I get that sort of talk everyday. It’s getting quite old.”
“That pendent is rightfully mine I am the chosen one.”
Dante suddenly remembered where he had seen this statue before. It was while he was flicking through the book on the alter.
“So you’re the one who will rise again. To be honest I would have thought you would have been more impressive then that.” Dante said
“What is written about me means little to me. Give me the pendent or die.”
“I guess you have to kill me.”
“As you wish.”
The statue shattered and a large man surrounded by light stood in front of Dante.
Dante stepped back a little.
“You smell of fear. You didn’t really think that my statue state was who I was? Foolish. I am Raddin the chosen one” said the man
“This may be a problem.”
The man took his sword located to his right and the fight began.
Keeping his distance Dante took aim at Raddin’s head and took shot after shoot. Raddin seemed to be unaffected by this.
“Your weapons are useless here.” Raddin said mockingly
“No kidding.”
Changing tactic he rushed toward Raddin and with his sword jumped then slashed at his body. This also seemed to have no effect. Raddin aimed his sword at Dante’s head, moved quickly his attack missed his opponent. Turning on his devil trigger he rushed forward with his sword and like last time aimed for Raddin’s stomach. Much to his surprise this also had no effect. Raddin laughed and with the blunt side of his sword swiped at Dante. Dante didn’t move quickly and was sent hurtling towards the wall. As blackness claimed him he heard Raddin’s voice.
“You should have given me the pendent. You are weaker then me. Now you will die for your pertinent attitude.” Raddin said
Dante was plunged into blackness. The next thing Dante remembers he saw Marinda standing in front of Raddin. As she turned towards him her eyes shone a bright red.
“Well, well if it isn’t Marinda. You traitor, come to save your lover?” said Raddin
“We have some unfinished business. I’ve come to send you back to the hell you came from.”
“If the son of Spader can’t defeat me then what chance do you have?”
“Let’s just say that I’ve improved over the years. Now let’s do this.”
Marinda’s body emanated lightening. Blackness claimed Dante once more.
Waking up Dante unsteadily got to his feet. Looking around he saw a black smouldering patch on the floor. Marinda was lying face down blood had pooled around her body. Walking slowly Dante turned her over. He found her not to be breathing blood coming from her mouth and nose. Dante didn’t give up hope on her. She had come back from the dead twice already. Looking at her he found that she was holding something in her left hand. Opening her hand he found the pendent.
“She did it. She got the pendent.” said Dante
Picking Marinda from the floor he carried her out of the room and towards the tram.
Once he had left the room a bright light appeared. Dimming Drucilla stood there. Looking at the black patch on the ground she smiled.
“You don’t know what she sacrificed for you. You will though. Mark my words you will.” said Drucilla
Drucilla vanished quickly.
Reaching the tram he placed Marinda’s body behind him as he worked the controls. The tram quickly moved upwards. The trip upwards to Dante’s surprise was uneventful. Reaching the top he lifted her body again and carried her through the tunnel into the worship chamber. He found blood scattered around the place indicating the fight Marinda had with the Vangaurd earlier. As Dante carried Marinda’s body he noticed her body was growing colder. Fear entered his mind but he continued walking. Walking up the stairs he noticed something shining to the right of him. He turned not giving it a second thought. He continued upwards until he spotted a symbol on the stairs. He looked at it closer it seemed to be a symbol much like the ones on the tomb. Looking on the steps he noticed more symbols. Dante stamped on the symbol and it lit up brightly. A thought came to him they had never found where the first tram would have stopped. Placing Marinda down gently he ran to the top of the stairs finding the first symbol he did the same of before. The symbol lit up. He did this to every step that had a symbol until they all lit up. Nothing happened.
“Damn.” said Dante
Walking back to Marinda he looked at the symbol on the stairs. As he looked he noticed that it had what looked like a number 2 worked into the pattern.
“It’s a sequence.” Dante happily said
Running up and down the stairs he found each symbol and working in sequence starting at 1. Finishing he waited and suddenly the whole staircase moved. Dante could see that it was turning to be inline to the light he had seen. The staircase locked into place. Quickly picking up Marinda he ran towards the light. Reaching it he found a small door just behind it. Opening it slowly he found the tram. It had stopped at what looked like a control room. Not finding anything out of the ordinary he walked quickly to the tram. The tram automatically started once they had boarded. Dante placed Marinda’s body on the seats by the left window.
Sitting opposite her he waited for her to wake.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Last segment of the fan fic for now. I hope you liked it.

Chapter 6

As the tram travelled past stations he noticed her skin was showing a white tinge to it. Losing hope Dante moved somewhere that he couldn’t see her body. Sitting in silence her noticed tapping noises coming from the roof. Looking back at her body he decided to follow the noise. The tapping sound went along the top of the tram until it reached the other end. Taking out his sword Dante listened. All the trams doors opened suddenly and spiders scuttled in. Looking down the train he could see spiders entering every door.
“Marinda.” said Dante
He ran the length of the tram slashing at the spiders as he went from carriage to carriage. Reaching the carriage holding Marinda’s body Dante found a spider looming over her. He rushed towards the spider slashing at its body. The spider backed off slightly then rearing its front legs tried to kick his out of the way. Moving he dodged its feet and attacking at them at the same time.
“To hell with this.” Dante said
He staked the spider to the back of the tram. While it hung their Dante took out Ebony and Ivory and shot at the spider until it lay motionless. The other end of the carriage he heard the door open. Turning he used his guns on the spiders as he moved slowly towards them. Spiders were falling around him as he changed from sword to guns quickly. The spiders became fewer until none were left. Dante still fired his guns until the clip had emptied. Looking at his guns he slowly placed new clips into the chambers and placed them back into there holsters.
The tram halted to a stop at the station where this had all started. Dante picked up Marinda and walked out of the station. He turned to look at the strange sign post Marinda had found. This time it didn’t seem so strange. Dante walked out of the station and walked down the street towards his office. As he walked down the streets he had the feeling of being watched. Taking little noticed he turned a corner onto the street where his office was located.
Walking into the office he cleared the pool table and placed Marinda carefully onto it. Turning away he placed his guns on the table and his sword back on the wall. Looking at the pendent he started to wonder whether it had been worth it. As he was placing the pendent on his desk he heard the door open.
“I see you have the pendent.” said Calvin
“I suppose I do.”
Dante turned as was surprised to see Vergil standing by the door.
“Vergil?” said Dante in surprise
“Oh dear you seem to have caught me out dear brother.” replied Vergil
“I should have known you would have asked me to do this.”
“I suppose you want paying.”
“To hell with you. Get out of here.”
Dante reached for his guns and pointed them at Vergil.
“You would shoot your own brother.” said Vergil
“After tonight anything’s possible.”
Vergil noticed the body on the pool table. He smiled slightly as he saw who it was.
“I see you’ve met Marinda. Such an amazing woman” Vergil said smiling
“What?”
“Oh nothing. Now give me the pendent.”
“Go to hell.”
Dante shoot at Vergil. Vergil deflected the bullets easily.
“Still haven’t learned.” Vergil said
“Hey why don’t you come other here and I’ll show you what I learned.”
“As inviting as that seems I have other business to attend to. The pendent can wait a little longer. Don’t go losing it dear brother.”
Vergil turned and walked out of the door. As he walked through the streets he smiled.
Dante turned placed his guns back on the table. Deciding to take a shower and left the room.
Marinda’s body twitched slightly on the pool table. The twitching turned quickly into convulsions which lasted only seconds. She lay still as before on the table then suddenly her eyes opened. Her eyes were a dark red colour. Sitting up she scanned the room. Her gaze fell onto the pendent. Getting off the pool table she made her way to the desk.
Dante walked into his main part of the office. Looking around he found the pendent had gone. Quickly he walked over to the desk.
“Vergil.” He said angrily
Taking his guns he headed for the door. His eye skimmed the office. Just as he reached the door he looked back at the pool table Marinda had gone.
“What the hell.” he said shocked
A few blocks away Marinda walked towards Vergil.
“Do you have it?” asked Vergil
“Yes.”
Marinda gave Vergil the pendent
“Now what?” asked Marinda
“Don’t be hasty. We have time to enjoy things first”
Vergil smiled and placed his hand on her face.
“I can see why Dante fell for you my dear. You have a rare gift.” replied Vergil
“Oh yes and what would that be?”
Vergil leaned towards her and whispered in her ear
“Now that will be telling.” he replied
They embraced in a deep kiss.

To Be Continued…………….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom