• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi all,

This is just a quick thread to ask how many of you would be interested in me implementing a sexy little arcade system which will directly integrate with the forum. In this forum you would be able to play classic arcade games, as well as completely original titles that are entirely brand new and unique. You can also compete with other members and forge your own arcade competitions for prizes of your choosing.

The system is called 'ibProArcade - professional Arcade System' - hopefully some of you may have heard of it. For those of you that haven't - I wish I could show you a live demo... but I'm afraid you're going to have to use your imagination! ;)

Feel free to let me know if you're interested and if the majority of you say yes, then I will happily install the system.

Edit: here is a link to the arcade system if any of you care to do some research on it: ipbProArcade; sadly you must be a registered vBulletin license holder in order to view the screenshots but there is a very detailed explanation within the thread which greatly details how the system works, it's features and what it is capable of.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Re: Devil May Cry Arcade?

This would only attract members away from the actual forum. I am afraid I am not for it, sorry.

Steve

Admin
Thanks for your feedback, KoRn! And no need to apologise! You raise a valid point.

However, I personally think of the arcade as more of an activity for members to participate in-between posts myself, but you certainly do make a good point. ;)

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Trust me I tried this on an "E-Fed" board, and it did not go as planned. We thought that it would raise the amount of members posting on the actual Forums, and registering. But it totally negated the effect of it, and whenever they came on the boards, the members would just go to the Arcade and compete for the "High Score" in which I know this Service has.

In fact I worked with a lower version of this, and any new features would further negate the posts on the Forum. You could lose a lot of members to this, I for one wouldn't like this to happen, and I know I speak for Korn as well. In fact we both Administrate this forum in which we have had several chats about this, and other "Snazzy" features. And well, I would rather a simple board rather than a board with all the Fetatures in which No one posts.

You know what an E Fed is don't you? Well it is a Wrestling Role play online, and your meant to post your role play for the match by a certain set date, of course the whole Arcade thing made this hard. Because people were focusing on beating each others score's to an extent where teh Forums were dead. So no, bad idea sorry Steve.

Steve

Admin
No need to apologise, Steven. I totally respect your opinion and have taken your insight into the matter on-board. And thank you for clarifying that whole 'E-Fed' thing - truth be told, I had never heard that expression before! ;)

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
im afraid i will have to say the same thing as the other guys,there will be low posting and i dont want that to happen :( sorry boss :(

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well, although it has worked elsewhere quite well I think if the majority say no, then it's probably a good idea to not bother - besides, there tends to be a flurry of gaming activity for about 3 days and then everyone gets bored and it's just taking up space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom