• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5

Is it real?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, either way, if it turns out it’s Dragon’s Dogma 2 there is going to be a hell of a lot of disappointment across the land.

aoshi

If itsuno kills DMC over Dragon's dogma,
22ykb9.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If itsuno kills DMC over Dragon's dogma,
22ykb9.jpg

Why him though? He's just the director, he doesn't call the shots over which game is made, people sitting higher than him do. Unless he also has such a role on top of that of game director. Which to my knowledge he doesn't.

He just makes what he's assigned by the higher ups.

aoshi

Why him though? He's just the director, he doesn't call the shots over which game is made, people sitting higher than him do. Unless he also has such a role on top of that of game director. Which to my knowledge he doesn't.

He just makes what he's assigned by the higher ups.

First of all, It was a joke. You really didn't think i would kill him, would you?

Second, the rumours surrounding DMC 5 were from itsuno's tweets about his unannounced project.My point was it would be a disappointment if the project was Dragon's dogma 2 and not DMC 5.

Third, Hopes and future of DMC is pinned on itsuno as he has been behind DMC as much as Hideki kamiya but kamiya is not with capcom anymore. Ergo, Itsuno. "Producers" or "higher ups" at capcom don't have a motive to kill DMC. They jus look at the stats such as sales and appeal. They certainly wouldn't know squat about DMC as much as itsuno or kamiya. I highly doubt the "producers" or "higher ups" would approach anyone else other than itsuno_Oh wait, They did get Ninja Theory and we all know how well that worked out. May be i should try to kill Tameem Antoniades(I hope i spelled his name right). I am joking, again.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
First of all, It was a joke. You really didn't think i would kill him, would you?

Of course not. I wouldn't have been so blasé about it if I had. What I took from your post was simply that you think it'd be Itsuno's fault if DMC5 never got made, which I merely replied to by explaining to you that it wouldn't, since he has no decisional power on whether or not he would be making that or Dragon's Dogma. If the producers tell him to develop DD, then he's gotta make that one. It's his job to make what he's told, can't blame the guy if Capcom ever decides to choose DD over DMC. That was my point.

Personally I think it could be either one, both franchises have been successful, and Itsuno is well willing to make either if asked to. He's pretty attached to both, although he did once state that Dragon's Dogma was the one game he had been dreaming to make ever since school.

aoshi

Of course not. I wouldn't have been so blasé about it if I had. What I took from your post was simply that you think it'd be Itsuno's fault if DMC5 never got made, which I merely replied to by explaining to you that it wouldn't, since he has no decisional power on whether or not he would be making that or Dragon's Dogma. If the producers tell him to develop DD, then he's gotta make that one. It's his job to make what he's told, can't blame the guy if Capcom ever decides to choose DD over DMC. That was my point.

I disagree. Hideki kamiya left capcom but it didn't stop him from developing Bayonetta(a character that is always compared to Dante of DMC). Shinji Mikami left capcom but that didn't stop him from developing Evil within(survival horror genre as Resident evil).Itsuno is still in capcom and can continue DMC unless he chooses other games such as Dragon's dogma.It doesn't matter if he is not the producer or "higher up" at capcom.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I disagree. Hideki kamiya left capcom but it didn't stop him from developing Bayonetta(a character that is always compared to Dante of DMC). Shinji Mikami left capcom but that didn't stop him from developing Evil within(survival horror genre as Resident evil).

True, but I'm not sure how that is a counter to my argument. If anything it enforces it, since those people had to leave the company they were working for in order to make the games they wanted.
And besides that, Kamiya is in a higher position at Platinum Games than Itsuno is at Capcom, being one of the founders of the company, thus having more of a say over which games he's gonna make, I imagine.
As for Mikami, he is also a producer, not only a director.

Itsuno is still in capcom and can continue DMC unless he chooses other games such as Dragon's dogma.It doesn't matter if he is not the producer or "higher up" at capcom.

Heck yes it does. You think he can just decide to make a game and go for it using the company's resources just like that without answering to anyone? Itsuno is "just" a director, not a shot caller. He's assigned projects from above. Sure, he can propose projects to his superiors, (which is how DD got made, if I recall correctly) since Capcom is not a first party developer, but he still has to be given the green light by them, which can still decide to make him develop something else. So I can only assume this is what you meant, that you'd be upset if he ever pushed to propose the making of DD2 instead of DMC5's. In that sense yes, I can see where you're coming from when it comes to holding him accountable, so to speak.

Last edited:

aoshi

Heck yes it does. You think he can just decide to make a game and go for it using the company's resources just like that without answering to anyone?

You're jus making things up. First, he does not have to argue incessantly, like you are, to his superiors to get DMC going. DMC is an established franchise and has been around for more than 10 years.Its not like he is going to build from scratch to get his superiors to agree with him.

Itsuno is "just" a director, not a shot caller. He's assigned projects from above.Sure, he can propose projects to his superiors, (which is how DD got made, if I recall correctly) since Capcom is not a first party developer, but he still has to be given the green light by them, which can still decide to make him develop something else. So I can only assume this is what you meant, that you'd be upset if he ever pushed to propose the making of DD2 instead of DMC5's. In that sense yes, I can see where you're coming from when it comes to holding him accountable, so to speak.

Yes, the "Shot caller" position is high above director's and itsuno does not have a chance get DMC going.Get outta here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: I think your posts have been quite rational here. However, I’m guessing @aoshi was just making an innocent joke and a little misunderstanding has made this escalate. I would recommend to you both that you drop it and discuss hopes/concerns/ideas for DMC 5.

Oh wait, They did get Ninja Theory and we all know how well that worked out.

Yeah it generally split the fan base at first but did overtime garner a lot more appreciation from existing fans and newer ones alike. Regardless I don’t know how any of this has to do with whether or not we think we’re getting DMC 5 based on this new ‘information’, so let’s try to leave DmC out of this discussion considering it doesn’t really fit here.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ultimately I want a game announced that has a cool teaser that gets me intrigued. The game itself should have a fun story with characters I care about and gameplay that is fun and challenging.

Thats the bare minimum that i want from the next DMC game.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Are u guys excited about styles returning? I know some people were hoping that fighting would be streamlinef to allow using the moves without styles

aoshi

Yeah it generally split the fan base at first but did overtime garner a lot more appreciation from existing fans and newer ones alike. Regardless I don’t know how any of this has to do with whether or not we think we’re getting DMC 5 based on this new ‘information’, so let’s try to leave DmC out of this discussion considering it doesn’t really fit here.

Let me jus correct you there. I was not attacking DmC. I jus stated the obvious.It may have garnered new fans but has certainly lost a good chunk of classic DMC fans. I have been active in these boards since 2006. I have seen members quit the boards because of chaos and commotion caused by DmC. We are not going to get them back. Its not an offense if i said DmC was a bad idea. Yes, it does not have anything to do with this thread but a little off-topic comment doesn't derail the thread entirely unless gets argumentative in which case you are welcome to make a call on that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Let me jus correct you there. I was not attacking DmC. I jus stated the obvious.It may have garnered new fans but has certainly lost a good chunk of classic DMC fans. I have been active in these boards since 2006. I have seen members quit the boards because of chaos and commotion caused by DmC. We are not going to get them back. Its not an offense if i said DmC was a bad idea. Yes, it does not have anything to do with this thread but a little off-topic comment doesn't derail the thread entirely unless gets argumentative in which case you are welcome to make a call on that.

No I was completely within my rights to call you out on that. I asked you nicely to drop the discussion about DmC which you dropped into the mix and you were already arguing with Foxtrot so I didn’t see the need for you to mention DmC as it can lead into further arguments with other members which I am supposed to deal with.

Sorry you don’t agree with me, that’s absolutely fine. But let’s drop it now and continue without derailing this further.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the Aquila was my favorite weapon from DmC so I wouldn't mind if that made a return.

Our old friend Chancey said Nero should have had a hand to hand style of fighting to go with his demon hand. A system of counters similar to beat em ups like Godhand. Nero feels like a mishmash of Dante/Vergil so i rather move him away from that and give something more to call his own.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I think the Aquila was my favorite weapon from DmC so I wouldn't mind if that made a return.

Our old friend Chancey said Nero should have had a hand to hand style of fighting to go with his demon hand. A system of counters similar to beat em ups like Godhand. Nero feels like a mishmash of Dante/Vergil so i rather move him away from that and give something more to call his own.
I remember the competitive cereal eater and I actually love this idea. It feels like it would mix nicely with his buster grabs, he could have his fist as a second weapon along with the red queen

Top Bottom