• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5...where to start...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I know it's a bit too early to be thinking about Devil May Cry 5, since DMC4 came out a few months ago, but I was just wondering. What do you expect from it? Of course, this game will be taking place after when Dante is stuck in Hell (DMC2). But Capcom needs to add some interesting twists to the story for once. Like, even though Vergil is dead, they should still bring him back as Nelo Angelo. Any who, I hope Dante still keeps his trash-talking, cool-looking, bad ass attitude! :lol:

You can tell there will be another DMC. ;)

Storyline (beginning):
Here's what I think. Now that Dante has defeated the demon Agrosax, he is trying to escape from Hell on his motorcycle. Lucia desperately awaits for Dante's arrival (if he returns until then). Or (a second opinion): Lucia rests, and falls asleep, and dreams of Sparda and the war against demons. And you get to play as Sparda, and Lucia then wakes up. Hehe, looks like we don't need a two-disc version after all. Cause it doesn't take 20 missions to explain the story of a legendary dark knight. :p

Game play:
This is how I want the game play to be. Dante should keep his styled based combat engine, except he should have completely fresh moves (along with some old ones) for each weapon. The game play in Devil May Cry is always brilliant, however. I'm getting tired of the "nothing new" feeling every time I play DMC4. C'mon, Capcom! Bring back some of the cool moves! Like having the ability to run on and across walls! Also the ability to ride on enemies. That, was awesome. Did anyone notice that Capcom took that feature out of DMC4? Maybe cause Dante's too old to be doing such cool stunts like that. :lol: Just kidding, of course! ^_^

Key features:
Secret missions should be kept. There should be a mini side quest mode, where you'll be able to go into the earlier DMC ruins while fighting some old bosses and acquiring their weaponry powers. Actually, I think that should be featured in Bloody Palace mode.

Weapons:
Dante definitely needs more weapons than in DMC4. Capcom should bring back some of his old classics while still introducing new weapons. Like Nevan for example.

Enemies:
Boss battle should be harder; enemies should look more fierce.

Characters:
New and returning characters should make an appearance. This is what ticked me off in the last sequel. Lady only appeared in the game twice. I mean, come on! Characters like her should play big roles. Here are the characters I want returned (and of course new ones :p):

Vergil - Hey! You never know! He might come back! Don't lose all hope yet. Even though he's technically dead, it's still possible, you know?

Sparda - He has never appeared in a DMC game.

Mundus - That lying, BASTARD! Says he would return to conquer the world, but failed. :p Remember in the ending to DMC1 after he gets defeated by Dante, thanks to the help of Trish's powers, he said he would come back...? I was disappointed.

I have a lot more, but I'm too lazy to list anymore reasons.

Character designs:
Definitely should look more cooler and stylish. I'd love to see more of Capcom's imagination go to work! Like Dante's costume, with the belts and coat, yeah... ^_^

Anyway, even though this game hasn't even begun development, it's still going to be one of my most anticipated games. So, feel free to discuss anything you look forward to in the highly anticipated... *drum roll* DEVIL MAY CRY 5! :cool:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Yeah..I like your idea....We should also have a little more revelation about Nero and how he's related to Dante, Sparda, and Vergil...Maybe all 4 could be playable characters?

dmc34

uhh... nice ideas but these are my idea bout it:

Enemies/Foes:
Uhh... For me are devil-hunters, demons, and nelo angelos.

Additional Features:
*For more difficulty, DMC5 should have a mode that ur character has a "blind-spot." For this mode, every characters have a "black area" at his back for more thrill but don't worry, enemies have red auras for evasion.
*For more reality, DMC5 should have "this" feature. When your character is being slashed, a tear will occur at character's costume(a tear only, being BOLD is not what i'm referring to)...
*As what they say, DMC5 should have a Co-op mode but there are many consequence for it(e.g. harder enemy).

uhh... that's far as i know...

Meg

i like the idea about being able to play as Sparda. maybe DMC5 could be a prequel to 4. it could explain how Nero got his demon arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom