• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 is the franchise's SSS seller!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
As Itsuno-san and Matt Walker love to say......"DMC IS BACK!!!!"
giphy.gif

Devil May Cry 5 has officially surpassed DMC4 as the franchise's best seller at 3.1 Million copies sold and is Capcom's Number 19 best all time seller!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

This is such satisfying news as DMC5 definitely deserves the top spot of the franchise with how damn good of a game it is and what it represents.

Also given that DMC3, DMC4 and even the controversial DmC got Special Editions with their sales I'd say it's inevitable that DMC5 is gonna get it's Special Edition with the extremely demanded playable Vergil(and hopefully the DMC ladies) and it's sales will continue to grow.

Meg

This is great news! Although I'd prefer Vergil be made playable through DLC and not by making us by buy another edition of the game. Sadly, I can't see Capcom ever going the DLC route. Especially now that the game's been out for about a year.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
This is great news! Although I'd prefer Vergil be made playable through DLC and not by making us by buy another edition of the game. Sadly, I can't see Capcom ever going the DLC route. Especially now that the game's been out for about a year.
Capcom did utilize dlc for the resident evil series so it s very likely they will do that for dmc too... If a special edition is ever going to happen they will probably made a special edition to buy for all those who didn't have the game and dlc for those who already possesed it, just like resident evil 7, it they release it on ps4, if thr special edition will bs released on ps5 than it will only be on a re release

I'm happy that the series is back, finally

Edit: by adding the special edition sale, dmc 4 it's still the one that selled more, whit 4.4 milion copies, also all the version of dmc 1, 2 and 3 combained selled more than dmc 5
Dmc 5 will obviously surpass them since it selled 3.1 milion copies in less than a year, whit no re releases while dmc 4 did that in 10 years and dmc 1 2 3 did that whit more release

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'd wager a Special Edition with Vergil and maybe the DMC ladies is likely being saved for the PS5 and what ever the next Xbox is called as that would give people more reason to buy it again.

Goldsickle

Capcom will keep maintaining the habit of releasing both console and PC versions simultaneously, so that the sales from these are tallied together for something bigger.

In previous generations, the PC versions are released 6+ months later, so those sales aren't tallied together with the console release.
For example, the PS3 version of DMC4 or RE5.

Top Bottom