1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition is a thing, set to hit next-gen consoles in 2015

by Steve Powell on Dec 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM
  • Steve Powell

Steve Powell Cheeky Wee McGregor Staff Member Administrator

Hot on the heels of the recent DmC: Devil May Cry - Defintive Edition announcement, Capcom has today confirmed the existence of a fancy-sounding Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition coming to PS4 and Xbox One arriving in summer 2015.

Details pertaining to what makes this Special Edition so special are thin on the ground, but Capcom are teasing of something extra involving 'that blue guy', which we're presuming is either in reference to Devil May Cry 4's protagonist Nero, or perhaps hints of a collaborative effort involving Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog. We're confident of the latter.

Capcom insists that there'll be more news to share regarding Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition 'further down the line'.

Update: Turns out that Capcom's mentioning of 'that blue guy' is reference to neither Nero nor Sonic, but in fact Dante's twin brother Vergil. Check out the video below or skip straight to 1:40 for a glimpse of Vergil in Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

1. TonyRedgraveDMC
    So, any indication by official sources at least when we can expect any bit of extra info about DMC4:SE other than "closer to summer time"? We should definitely get a little bit more sneak peeks in spring, but I'd like a definite.
  2. Foxtrot94
    There's the possibility that Capcom noticed the massive people's interest about DMC4 SE and will release some new info sooner than we expect. Who knows.
  3. chubbz98
    good to see capcom still has plan's for the serie's in the future
  4. Cranberry
    Lol well I have to share this. I just found out about this and made a status about it on Facebook, and my Romanian step-father, who knows nothing about DMC, commented on it, saying:

"Hi, I'm Vergil and I play in cutscenes"

Hello there guest. Please Register or Log in to view images!

I wish he could hear how hard I laughed.
    DantesLink and Innsmouth like this.
  5. MigsRZXAStylish
    This time around, Vergil should have his own scenario in Fortuna or elsewhere...
    MephistoCarnival and Cranberry like this.
  6. XDante
    Oh yeah Vergil... I need more POWER!
    Zoey and Foxtrot94 like this.
  7. Dante's_Rebellion
    I for one am excited to see what they have in store for us with DMC4 SE, I've always wanted Vergil in that game to... on the other hand ninja theory is working on it with Capcom, and that worries me a little bit considering what they did to capcom's last franchise

Hello there guest. Please Register or Log in to view images!

*cough cough*
  8. Foxtrot94
    Wut? Ninja Theory is only working on DmC Definitive Edition, not DMC4 SE.
  9. sylvanas
    I thought Vergil was dead in DMC4. Oh I can't wait to hear how Capcom explains this.
  10. TonyRedgraveDMC
    Fairly certain either A. He's only playable. B. Whatever story he DOES contribute is only from his alleged visit to Fortuna before the events of Devil May Cry 3.
    Zoey likes this.