• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry 4 plot hole

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
In devil may cry 4 at one point they say the True hellgate that sparda sealed is under fortuna city
and that it could be unlocked by stabbing yamato into
but if that is the case then what was the temen-ni-gru
and
another plothole is when lady tells Dante about Fortuna she doesn't mention yamato at all
(plus how did it even get into the human world)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It's not a plothole. What they meant about "Real" Hellgate was the huge one that supposedly Sparda sealed using Yamato all those years ago. The "fake" Hellgates are the other 3 (from which the bosses emerge) that Agnus created trying to duplicate the "Real" one using the Yamato - possibly causing it to break.

Temme-ni-gru is just the original way Mundus tried to come to this world. It was the most efficient gateway but not the only way seeing as he used an alternative in DMC1, and we saw another possible way of opening a gate in DMC2.

Lady couldn't know about Yamato. Agnus - the one responsible for it - wasn't even known by most of the Order of the Sword members, excluding high officials like Credo etc. His mere existance was a secret, therefore his experiments/actions/tools were even more secret.

As for how it got in the human world, well..Mallet Island was in the human world, so when it exploded (since Vergil was there) it was possibly in the remains of it.

After all the Bianco Angelos have armor supposedly created by the armor of "the Dark Angel". They never said "Nelo Angelo" but it's a hint they are referring to him.

Not that DMC4 doesn't have plotholes *gouh*Nero*gouh*

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Nero isn't a plot hole Come ON !
I think just like bioshock nero is just a clone since angus is just a mad scientist who was experimenting on "Dark angel's" fragments means he took the DNA of nelo angelo and fused it into an orphan nero !!

See i just gave Capcom an intresting thing to patchup the plot holes :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nero isn't a plot hole Come ON !
I think just like bioshock nero is just a clone since angus is just a mad scientist who was experimenting on "Dark angel's" fragments means he took the DNA of nelo angelo and fused it into an orphan nero !!

See i just gave Capcom an intresting thing to patchup the plot holes :D

If they actually took the time to provide us with an explanation like that instead of playing the cool guys and throwing hints like "he's a descedant of Sparda's blood" to no end, then yes.

But as things stand now, Nero will remain a mystery - without needing to be.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If they actually took the time to provide us with an explanation like that instead of playing the cool guys and throwing hints like "he's a descedant of Sparda's blood" to no end, then yes.

But as things stand now, Nero will remain a mystery - without needing to be.

another game with nero would just about do it !

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
As long as Dante has more missions than DMC4, sureXD

See THAT'S the problem give Dante a break so that we can enjoy a good DMC finale not half-baked game like DMC4 lets play a spin-off something which only focuses on Nero and his story so that Capcom prepares for a DMC5 starring Dante

EDIT: LOOK at Capcom they're doing things right RE:revelations>RE:ORC >RE:6 !!!

DMC:sparda's origins >DMC:Nero's origin's then followed by DMC5 !!

DAMN only if Devil may cry got the V.I.P treatment like Resident evil T_T

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
See THAT'S the problem give Dante a break so that we can enjoy a good DMC finale not half-baked game like DMC4 lets play a spin-off something which only focuses on Nero and his story so that Capcom prepares for a DMC5 starring Dante

EDIT: LOOK at Capcom they're doing things right RE:ORC then RE:6 !!!

DMC:Nero's origin's then followed by DMC5 !!

If it was a spin-off from the beginning with only Nero, and a more well structured story, instead of DMC4, it might actually turned out to be awesome. Then we wouldn't need a spin-off right now, which is kinda difficult to hope for what with the reboot and all.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If it was a spin-off from the beginning with only Nero, and a more well structured story, instead of DMC4, it might actually turned out to be awesome. Then we wouldn't need a spin-off right now, which is kinda difficult to hope for what with the reboot and all.

No it was more likely Related to Dante and force edge so it isn't Nero's story because not even a dot was revealed about him !! >_< that's why a spin-off would just clear the story of nero and ALSO give capcom enough time to Think about making DMC5

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No it was more likely Related to Dante and force edge so it isn't Nero's story because not even a dot was revealed about him !! >_< that's whya spin-off would just clear the story of nero and
ALSO give capcom enough time to Think about making DMC5

You mean Yamato right?

And I think you're being too nice and giving them excuses. They could have provided us with just ONE cut-scene showing us how Sanctus realized Nero is "a descendant of Sparda's blood". Just ONE. There are many pointless cut-scenes in the game. Like Gloria killing off demons - it was sexy and all, and I approve, but it was pointless. There are a few of them like that. ;)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You mean Yamato right?

And I think you're being too nice and giving them excuses. They could have provided us with just ONE cut-scene showing us how Sanctus realized Nero is "a descendant of Sparda's blood". Just ONE. There are many pointless cut-scenes in the game. Like Gloria killing off demons - it was sexy and all, and I approve, but it was pointless. There are a few of them like that. ;)

Or they could have made a DLC to which adds one or two missions with special cut-scenes which explains who really Nero is i think he already knows about it that's why he is so careless about his origins or relation to sparda's blood all he wants is his beloved annoying kyrie -_-
Bingo A spin-off featuring only Nero would just about do it as i said they already had the chance instead of going for a "RESTART" project they could have easily made one spin-off to keep us occupied yeah most of the cutscenes I used to just skip them they're just boooooring especially the NEROxKYRIE ones

I can't get it what were they thinking ? introduce a new character and keep him a deep secret not even a single hint who really Nero is they suddenly they reboot it what ? one damn spin-off wouldn't have killed anyone for psp yes there was one resident evil&devil may cry title for psp but it was never released !

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Or they could have made a DLC to which adds one or two missions with special cut-scenes which explains who really Nero is i think he already knows about it that's why he is so careless about his origins or relation to sparda's blood all he wants is his beloved annoying kyrie -_-
Bingo A spin-off featuring only Nero would just about do it as i said they already had the chance instead of going for a "RESTART" project they could have easily made one spin-off to keep us occupied yeah most of the cutscenes I used to just skip them they're just boooooring especially the NEROxKYRIE ones

I can't get it what were they thinking ? introduce a new character and keep him a deep secret not even a single hint who really Nero is they suddenly they reboot it what ? one damn spin-off wouldn't have killed anyone for psp yes there was one resident evil&devil may cry title for psp but it was never released !

I am against DLCs and additions of extra content for extra money/requiring you connect your console to the Internet.

I think they focused only on Nero= new character/different gameplay than Dante to attract new fans. But it was so sloppy-made that it of course failed..

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I am against DLCs and additions of extra content for extra money/requiring you connect your console to the Internet.

I think they focused only on Nero= new character/different gameplay than Dante to attract new fans. But it was so sloppy-made that it of course failed..

You're saying that they wanted to REPLACE dante with a poser kid ? that's B.S and so why didn't they just launch a psp or ps vita game for spin-off

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You're saying that they wanted to REPLACE dante with a poser kid ? that's B.S and so why didn't they just launch a psp or ps vita game for spin-off

Dunno, but they wanted something new besides Dante since DMC4. They were saying so at the time, that he had become too strong etc. The fact that the next game after DMC4 is a reboot is further proof of that:p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dunno, but they wanted something new besides Dante since DMC4. They were saying so at the time, that he had become too strong etc. The fact that the next game after DMC4 is a reboot is further proof of that:p

Too strong that's really not so funny since the whole game is designed for nero and dante is like alien there impossible especially if you try to beat some nero missions with dante by hacking the pc ver why hasn't zelda become to strong its been decades still its the same link saving zelda that's a lame excuse for "we can't make any more DMC games in future" and if we do its a reboot in the hands of a dev's who are ambiguous WELL DONE crapcom

Top Bottom