• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi_natz

ive just got the second volume of devil may cry 3 manga series and was wondering if anyone knew how many there are?

also if there is ones for the DMC1 and 2?

i know theres at least 3 -
Code 1: Dante
Code 2: Vergil
Code 3: Devil May Cry

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
There is no Code 3
The rumor was it was going to be about Lady, but it got cancelled.
I'm waiting to get DMC3 Code 2... but it could take up to three months.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
There is also a novel within continuty about 1 and one about 2,but it's unrelated and outof the DMC continuty.

Zato-OW

King
Hi_natz;199291 said:
ive just got the second volume of devil may cry 3 manga series and was wondering if anyone knew how many there are?

also if there is ones for the DMC1 and 2?

i know theres at least 3 -
Code 1: Dante
Code 2: Vergil
Code 3: Devil May Cry

There was suppose to be 3 codes for DMC3 but they only did two since the artist quit, so the third was canceled.

There are DMC comics from DreamWeaver where one is about Sparda and his uprising and rebellion against Mundus. The other is about DMC1 mainly and somewhat dealing with Dante and Nelo Angelo's past. Another is one about Dante trying to track Trish or something like that. I remember him running into some demons inside a sewer for I don't know what reason for. There are more comics(some rare ones) but that's all I know.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;199293 said:
There is also a novel within continuty about 1 and one about 2,but it's unrelated and outof the DMC continuty.

Some of the novel details, like the origin of Dante's guns, Sparda's guns are canon to the series. The novels also prove Neil made Luce & Ombra for Sparda which went with the nickname Tony Redgrave.

Most of the novels' contents are canonical, apart from the ones which contradict the already established storyline.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;199297 said:
Which novel does it say that with Luce & Ombre?

The novel doesn't explicitly say so, but the engraving on both guns made by her works - .45 Art Warks - which Dante liked to joke about it because she didn't write works correctly.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Easily could be guns Trish had replicated after Dante's own. In Canon, it's never been said that Sparda actually carried Luce and Ombra, they're only seen in LDK mode for Dante so that the battle mechanics did not have to be reworked. In fact, the entire example of the Order forbidding firearms, save in Nero's case as the sole exception, suggests that Sparda did not use firearms as a rule.

You cannot claim "it's canon that Nell made them" since it's never said or implied. Nell made Ebony and Ivory based on YEARS of taking notes of Dante's own reflexes and abilities. If she had made Sparda's guns, that would have been said, and she would have made Eb and Iv a LOT sooner. What IS implied is that Nell knew exactly who Tony really was, and had known Eva, and thus might know OF Sparda. She knew enough to know that Dante had a brother. if she had indeed made Sparda's guns, there would have been a comment from her on such. But she said that "these guns are yours and yours alone." That means there had never been any like them before that she'd made.

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;199356 said:
Easily could be guns Trish had replicated after Dante's own. In Canon, it's never been said that Sparda actually carried Luce and Ombra, they're only seen in LDK mode for Dante so that the battle mechanics did not have to be reworked. In fact, the entire example of the Order forbidding firearms, save in Nero's case as the sole exception, suggests that Sparda did not use firearms as a rule.

In canon, It is said Sparda's hand-made guns.

You forget the Order of the Sword was created in the 1st century. M1911 Colts were made in the beginning of the 20th century. Also Neil says that Dante/Tony reminded her of someone a long time ago - hinting at Sparda.

Plus, If they would have been replicas, Trish wouldn't have asked for an engraving addressed at Tony Redgrave. Doesn't make sense, unless those guns are Sparda's which they are undoubtedly.

Dante Redgrave;199356 said:
You cannot claim "it's canon that Nell made them" since it's never said or implied. Nell made Ebony and Ivory based on YEARS of taking notes of Dante's own reflexes and abilities. If she had made Sparda's guns, that would have been said, and she would have made Eb and Iv a LOT sooner. What IS implied is that Nell knew exactly who Tony really was, and had known Eva, and thus might know OF Sparda. She knew enough to know that Dante had a brother. if she had indeed made Sparda's guns, there would have been a comment from her on such. But she said that "these guns are yours and yours alone." That means there had never been any like them before that she'd made.

Both L&O and E&I are .45 CAP M1911 Colts.

If they would have been replicas, why would Trish have totally other modifications.

Ebony & Ivory modifications.

# Both pistols have been modified with pivot-style triggers as opposed to the 1911's usual straight-pull trigger
# Both feature custom sight systems; Ebony uses a set of target sights, while Ivory uses a pair of combat sights
# Both feature ported muzzle compensators that reduce recoil and counteract muzzle flip. Both barrels are extend through the compensators and are ported to match the cuts in the compensators.
# Both use custom slides that have been noticeably thickened and reinforced along the slide travel rails and around the chamber and firing mechanism. The result is a slide that bears a resemblance to SIG-Sauer's M1911 line.
# Rails have been bolted to the forward portion of both frames. These rails are used to hold the compensators in place.
# Ebony utilizes an extended safety latch, a hooked trigger-guard and a ring hammer. Ivory uses a standard length safety latch, an rounded trigger-guard and a spur hammer.
# Both have gold-plated magazine releases, hammers, safety switches and triggers.
# Both weapons use ergonomic wood grips witch are inlaid with portraits of Victorian women; as befits their names, Ebony's is dark-haired, and Ivory's is fair-haired.
# Both use double-stack magazines with slam-pads.
# Ivory's frame and slide are both completely left-handed, with all of the controls being mirrored from their normal positions and with the ejection port aimed to the left.

Luce & Ombra modifications

# Both weapons use custom slides and extended frames that lend them a very angular appearance.
# Both weapons have been modified with short-pull triggers, target sights, beavertail grip safeties, and slam-pads on their magazines.
# As with Ebony & Ivory, the left-handed weapon (Luce) is built around a custom frame and slide set. All of the controls have been completely reversed, making it just as easy to operate as it's sister.
# Both handguns are outfitted with ergonomic wood grips. In the middle of the grip panels are portraits of Victorian women, just as on the Ebony & Ivory; as befits their names, Ombra's is dark-haired, and Luce's is fair-haired.

This is the Devil May Cry weapon information about Luce & Ombra.

Devil May Cry, Guns — Luce & Ombra: "Sparda's hand-made guns."

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
NELL says to Dante: They are your guns, there isn't another like them in the world. Which says to me that Nell never made Luca and Ombre.
(Not unless my illness is making me hallucinate ;))

They E&I look like L&O in coincidence. No one knows who created L&O. My guess its that Sparda made them, because he forged his own blades.

So, Sparda when you can so me some real proof that Nell made them, only then will i except it.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;199388 said:
NELL says to Dante: They are your guns, there isn't another like them in the world. Which says to me that Nell never made Luca and Ombre.
(Not unless my illness is making me hallucinate ;))

In truth, even though Nell treats Tony like a punk, she is always happy to help him out because he reminds her of someone close to her.

This does bring Nell's statement down. Which fair-haired Dante look-a-like could possibly remind Nell? Sparda, obviously.

They E&I look like L&O in coincidence. No one knows who created L&O. My guess its that Sparda made them, because he forged his own blades.

There's no coincidence. Dante wanted to have a pair of guns, customized like his father did, and...

Sometime during the events of the story, Nell begins crafting her final masterpiece using the spare parts from several of the busted pistols Tony brings her. Her last masterpiece is none other than Ebony & Ivory, Dante's custom pistols. Nell had crafted the pistols with rapid fire in mind, and had left them disassembled for Tony to put together, making the weapons truly his. She even put her old logo on the slide's of each pistol "For Tony Redgrave By .45 Art Warks".

So, Sparda when you can so me some real proof that Nell made them, only then will i except it.

I backed my arguments thoroughly, and It's up to you what to do - believe it or not.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It proves nothing, you are just repeating yourself. I do know i have know this stuff i have read the book.
Perhaps sparda had an alias... or, he meant for Dante to have the guns when Sparda died

'Oddly enough, an engraving addressed to Dante is also carved into both sets of guns:
For Tony Redgrave
By .45 Art Warks'

Perhaps capcom decided to make another set of guns like E&I for the LDK mode.
DMC State they are Sparda's hand made guns... like i said, perhaps he made them.

Someone close to her... she didn't mean sparda. When she was dying, she thought she was talking to a person called Rock. And she had a picture clutched to her chest of a little boy.

Again Sparda, until capcom confirms it, it is just speculation.

(I'm gonna walkaway from this or else i'm gonna get in a bit of trouble)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So Ebony and Ivory were put together from scraps of other pistols? It sounds like an Uno car - put together with scrap. Dante's scrappy guns. Erm... what I wanted to say was thanks for posting the specs of E&I and L&O. Now I can have my own pair made :p

Zato-OW

King
DMC4 claims Dante designed the guns. Not in those words but it was implying he designed them.

**Edit**

It says Dante personally designed Ebony and Ivory.

clairavance;199427 said:
So Ebony and Ivory were put together from scraps of other pistols? It sounds like an Uno car - put together with scrap. Dante's scrappy guns. Erm... what I wanted to say was thanks for posting the specs of E&I and L&O. Now I can have my own pair made :p

Good luck finding some demon power.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil'sB*tch;199424 said:
Someone close to her... she didn't mean sparda. When she was dying, she thought she was talking to a person called Rock. And she had a picture clutched to her chest of a little boy.

Who was earlier in the book mentioned as looking like Dante. Thus, the person Dante reminded her of was her own son, who you can actually infer was possibly GRUE. Both have brown hair, and it was pointedly stated they both had chestnut brown hair. Plus, the only guns he uses are hand guns, and what does Nell specialize in? Hand guns. There's also that fact that Grue and Dante were a lot closer than Grue would admit; Dante was like family to him. Considering it was suggested that Nell raised younger Dante as Tony, and the Anime actually does support that, it's not too far fetched to imagine the reasons for the connections.

But no. Sparda, you just shot down your own argument that Nell made the guns. DMC 1 does mention the guns, in LDK mode, as being hand made by Sparda himself. That rules her out as the maker.

And yeah, it looks like Kobiyashi is further trying to remove the info and background story that Kamiya established to Goideka. with not only having DMC4 implicate Dante is more powerful than his own father, but by retconning out info from the novels...

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;199424 said:
It proves nothing, you are just repeating yourself. I do know i have know this stuff i have read the book.
Perhaps sparda had an alias... or, he meant for Dante to have the guns when Sparda died

'Oddly enough, an engraving addressed to Dante is also carved into both sets of guns:
For Tony Redgrave
By .45 Art Warks'

Perhaps capcom decided to make another set of guns like E&I for the LDK mode.
DMC State they are Sparda's hand made guns... like i said, perhaps he made them.

Again Sparda, until capcom confirms it, it is just speculation.

Capcom will just throw events and bits of stories. It won't confirm anything.

But no. Sparda, you just shot down your own argument that Nell made the guns. DMC 1 does mention the guns, in LDK mode, as being hand made by Sparda himself. That rules her out as the maker.

Hand-made guns doesn't mean Sparda made the guns. They were made by a gunsmith.

And yeah, it looks like Kobiyashi is further trying to remove the info and background story that Kamiya established to Goideka. with not only having DMC4 implicate Dante is more powerful than his own father, but by retconning out info from the novels...

I'm not trying to look like I made the novels or Devil May Cry for that matter. It's just too damn complicated, although some things do link up to each other If you analyze the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom