• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 2 - Limited Edition. Prices anyone?

Phook

THE LINK IS AVAILABLE ON EBAY IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Devil-May...tion-Sony-PlayStation-2-2003-PAL/202060551667

So, I saw a thread that was made nearly 6 years ago selling the promo/limited edition version of Devil May Cry 2. Well, I also have it too and I wish to sell it.

Here is the description of the product;
----------
Card Front
>Card casing with Dante fading into a yellow background with the embossed "Devil May Cry 2" logo
Card Back>Card casing with notes possibly written by developers with an old-fashioned print in the corner saying "Limited Edition".
Plastic Front
>Dante gazing towards the left with the DMC2 logo underneath.
Plastic Back>Screenshots of gameplay, reviews, plots etc. Also has the Diesel logo printed and the old-style font saying "For Promo Use Only, Not For Resale."
Condition: Card casing slightly weathered due to age and being poorly handled as a child. Discs are slightly scratched but are fully functioning.
---------
Here are the images;
EouNv.jpg

c5Mvd.jpg

UW1d1.jpg

---------
I'm sure it's worth quite a lot, but I'm just wondering how much I could get for it, or, even better, how much one of you fellow DMC fans would pay for it!

If you do feel like sending me an e-mail or wanting to know more, I'd love it if you'd send me an e-mail to my e-mail (Message me for it). Only e-mail me if you're considering buying it!

~Phook

If I can get a few responses, I'll get enough replies to post the links!

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
You can't post images? That's odd... methinks the anti-spam plugins we have installed are being a bit too inflexible towards newcomers.

Just for my clarification: are you able to upload images to Imgur or attach them to your posts using the forum's in-built upload functionality?

Phook

I tried that exactly. I put them up to Imgur and then I tried to put them onto the Photo Uploader on the taskbar, but it didn't work for some reason.

EouNv

Last edited by a moderator:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Your pic is missing its file format

like .jpg /.png etc.

That's why it's not showing

Steve

Admin
Fix'd:

EouNv.jpg

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EouNv.jpg[/img]

Steve

Admin
No worries, broseph. <3

I've included the necessary code in my previous post, should you want to add that saucy pic of Dante to your original post. Jolly good luck with the sale, by the way. I hear those Limited Edition versions of DMC2 are pretty, well, limited and hard to find nowadays.

Phook

No worries, broseph. <3

I've included the necessary code in my previous post, should you want to add that saucy pic of Dante to your original post. Jolly good luck with the sale, by the way. I hear those Limited Edition versions of DMC2 are pretty, well, limited and hard to find nowadays.

Thank you :) just so I know, how much do you reckon I could get for it?
Oh, and how many other copies do you know of out there?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If I'm honest, I didn't know that a Limited Edition existed.

It really depends on where you want to sell it (and where you are in the world).
In the UK (in a shop), expect them to buy it off you for 25p-£3 (if you're lucky).
As for on the net, I'm not having much luck finding it.
Sorry

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
To be honest, I also didn't know such thing existed.
If you're willing to ship it worldwide, I'd like to buy it :) (for a reasonable price, of course)
How much do you want for it?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah it seems like I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I had no idea there was even such a thing.

Does it actually say 'limited edition' on the front cover of the game case? I'm curious =/

I also feel a bidding war coming on lol

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Yeah it seems like I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I had no idea there was even such a thing.

Does it actually say 'limited edition' on the front cover of the game case? I'm curious =/

I also feel a bidding war coming on lol

c5Mvd.jpg

Look at the upper-center side of this image

Phook

To be honest, I also didn't know such thing existed.
If you're willing to ship it worldwide, I'd like to buy it :) (for a reasonable price, of course)
How much do you want for it?

Dude, I have only ever seen ONE on eBay and it was a collector whom'd lost interest entirely in the Devil May Cry franchise. He was selling the paper-case DMC1 which I also previously owned but me being clumsy and careless, I've lost it entirely.

Connotations on the DMC1 and DMC2 game;
I had a brother-in-law who was married to my eldest sister who worked for Capcom and Sony in London, and he was an avid gamer just as I was. As well as my DMC2 promo edition, he gave me DMC1 in a paper casing with a fold-out artwork page. That was honestly the greatest thing I had ever got as a kid. When I got to around 13 (I'm 15 now), I was curious to know how much the DMC1 "special" edition was, and it was sold ONCE on eBay for £12,000, which I thought was barbaric, but it had actually sold! I was kicking myself in regret that I had lost it and I cried for like an hour straight :(

As for the DMC2 Promo Edition that I still have, I only saw it once on eBay and it was for £2,500, which also got sold successfully.
-------------

If your offer is as great as that, I would be extremely pleased and would obviously ship worldwide, but as I said, any reasonable offer with a justified reason would be respected :)

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Dude, I have only ever seen ONE on eBay and it was a collector whom'd lost interest entirely in the Devil May Cry franchise. He was selling the paper-case DMC1 which I also previously owned but me being clumsy and careless, I've lost it entirely.

I had a brother-in-law who was married to my eldest sister who worked for Capcom and Sony in London, and he was an avid gamer just as I was. As well as my DMC2 promo edition, he gave me DMC1 in a paper casing with a fold-out artwork page. That was honestly the greatest thing I had ever got as a kid. When I got to around 13 (I'm 15 now), I was curious to know how much the DMC1 "special" edition was, and it was sold ONCE on eBay for £12,000, which I thought was barbaric, but it had actually sold! I was kicking myself in regret that I had lost it and I cried for like an hour straight :(

As for the DMC2 Promo Edition that I still have, I only saw it once on eBay and it was for £2,500, which also got sold successfully.
-------------

If your offer is as great as that, I would be extremely pleased and would obviously ship worldwide, but as I said, any reasonable offer with a justified reason would be respected :)

Well, obviously I'm not going to pay THAT much.
As I already own an original PS2 copy of the game and the HDC, I'm only interested in buying it for display, so I'm not really willing to pay more than $20 (shipping not included). Obviously, it's not nearly how much you claim it's been sold for, but $20 is more than you'll get at most stores willing to buy used games, so that's something, I guess.
The choice is up to you.

V

Oldschool DMC fan

-------------

If you reckon you can shift it at those kinda collector's rates, I'd wait for a free listing day on eBay if I were you, and try some experimental prices without charge. Ya never know. Make sure you restrict who can bid though, like no newbies with zero or neg feedback or no credit card on file.

Phook

Hi guys,

I'm not too sure who's still present on these forums, but I'm looking to sell this now and I'm going to post it on e-bay and share the link here exclusively first.

If anyone wishes to get hold of me a little easier for negotiation, my discord is Phook#9401 or my e-mail address is [email protected]

cheers

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd kinda like to own it but I don't have the means as of now. Even if I did I don't own a Pal PS2. Kind of a shame.

Top Bottom