• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace - board game

UncannyGarlic

It looks like Capcom licensed out an arena style board game based on the Bloody Palace. I haven't finished the rulebook yet but it has high production values and the rulebook seems well laid out, which is always a good sign that the mechanics have been thought through.

It's £77 or $99, so it seems pretty well priced considering the minis. I do wish there were multiple boards and dungeon crawl rules with scenarios. I'm tempted to get it because it's DMC but I don't think I would be if it wasn't since arena games aren't my first choice.

The Kickstarter ends 5 days after this posting but it looks like they plan to go retail with it too.

What do y'all think?

EDIT: I finished reading the rules and was pleasantly surprised. The mechanics look solid and interesting. The method of chaining combo cards by matching "suit" looks interesting and it's good that scoring relies heavily on combos. It doesn't look like there will be much player interaction, which is good or bad depending on what you prefer. The rulebook is clean, clear, and has an index.

Last edited:
Top Bottom