• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Bringer Theory

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
When nero damaged his arm before 4 the reason it changed was because it was his body's way of healing the arm or still making it usable we've seen that DT can act as an involuntary reaction to danger or damage by dante in 4. And when it came back it was because he finally went full DT kinda "resetting" his biology.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
It is possible. Though there are of course many possibilities. Two that come to mind right now:
1) Devil Bringer was parasitic. There is actually some support for that in 4 - remember how DB could absorb new powers and even objects? So it could be that DB was actually suppressing Nero's power, or else channeling it in unnatural way; hence astral DT, DB, Nero having to use Yamato to achieve DT.
2) Devil Bringer is incomplete healing. That is weird as Nero had, even before DT awakening, displayed clearly demonic resillience and healing capacity. Which means that, if true, there must have been some kind of a curse involved.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
It is possible. Though there are of course many possibilities. Two that come to mind right now:
1) Devil Bringer was parasitic. There is actually some support for that in 4 - remember how DB could absorb new powers and even objects? So it could be that DB was actually suppressing Nero's power, or else channeling it in unnatural way; hence astral DT, DB, Nero having to use Yamato to achieve DT.
2) Devil Bringer is incomplete healing. That is weird as Nero had, even before DT awakening, displayed clearly demonic resillience and healing capacity. Which means that, if true, there must have been some kind of a curse involved.
I cant imagine an unarmed nero doing too well against a horde of demons pre DB especially while protecting kyrie. Maybe his arm was hurt beyond use like a fracture. The db was making it still usable while absorbing items of power in an attempt to DT nero to heal his arm. This could be why he had a spectral DT the DB was trying to force his body to DT before it was physically ready to transform and heal his arm. Hence why his demonic power took the form of a spectral demon behind him. I imagine if it wasnt ripped off when nero first fully transformed and transformed back his DB would have reverted to a regular human arm

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought Nero’s arm was infected during a battle that took place before DMC 4? At least I think that’s what the DMC 4 instruction manual says.

I like the thought that it was actually the DB holding back his true potential, but considering how it grows back when he manages to go full DT then I’d say that’s not the case. If anything Nero’s powers manifest in the DB and it’s more an extension of his strength.

vallixas

Basically, Nero grew up never knowing anything about his heritage or abilities. Everything he has discovered has been by accident. Even at the end of 5 he doesn't know how his arm grew back, he just did it. It was the same with 4. He was hurt, his arm randomly changed in DT form probably as a reaction to the injury, and he was too inexperienced to be able to revert it back (as opposed to now being able to change willingly and phase it out). Now that we know the spectral abilities come from his back, and that he can move them independently from his own physical arms, the DB wasn't really anything special beyond part of his body being stuck in DT form, which probably allowed him to inadvertently access part of the spectral abilities. The arm stuck in DT form kinda acting in the role of a conduit or power boost allowing him to access part of his spectral abilities he wasn't ready to access on his own, which he now does without DT..

I cant imagine an unarmed nero doing too well against a horde of demons pre DB especially while protecting kyrie. Maybe his arm was hurt beyond use like a fracture. The db was making it still usable while absorbing items of power in an attempt to DT nero to heal his arm. This could be why he had a spectral DT the DB was trying to force his body to DT before it was physically ready to transform and heal his arm. Hence why his demonic power took the form of a spectral demon behind him. I imagine if it wasnt ripped off when nero first fully transformed and transformed back his DB would have reverted to a regular human arm

Pre DB he still had his strength and speed (look at how fast he had to be moving in 5 to get out of the van, and right back in before it landing back on the ground), and it's not like he was using it all the time in combat anyway. One of the reasons he copes so well in 5 without an arm is because he spent a lot of time hiding his DB arm and fighting with just his left arm. He fought the demons in the intro and Dante with one arm for half of the fight.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I think That devil bringer is actually nero dt but not fully awakened...

If you look at dmc 5 nero unlocked his full dt in a situation of danger and because he needed it to save vergil And Dante... A similar situation happened when devil bringer first appeared, nero and kyrie were in a forest and demon attacked them, kyrie was hurt and in order to defend her Nero needed more power and that's why he unlocked the devil bringer a part of his dt form, however he was still young and was unable to unlock his full dt form like in dmc 5 and just unlocked the harm...

So nero power manifest in similar situation, when he need new power to protect and save the people he loved

Top Bottom