• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Bringer - alternative of the styles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
I've been watching the trailer and it hit me!
I know all the buttons for the mellee strikes, the firearms and the jump. We can see Nero moving with all those.
But supposedly the style button from DMC3 controls the Devil Bringer (devil right arm).
This means that the style-system from DMC3 is gone!!!

Or maybe there'll be different Devil Hand - styles?

What does the DMC community think?

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
I think the Devil Bringer is Nero's version of the Devil Trigger. Nero might just have a new grappling style.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
I agree with DB being a type of kinesis. I personally think it's going to be quite good if they design it right. The only attack i've seen was nero pulling the enemy to him and then slamming them into the ground. But you are suppose to be able to push the enemy away as well. But there obviously has to be more to it than that. Its telekinesis. Who says you will only be able to control just one emeny at a time. Or that you can only pull or push the enemy towards or away from you.;) I think it's a great concept with lots of potential if they design it right. There's really no telling what's in store for us. Hell, it was just a demo. No upgrades were shown. The move list was obviously limited. What we were all shown was probably just the bare bones of the combat system. I for one have faith. He designed DMC well and saw the success that is DMC3. Were also on a far more powerful platform now. Yes sir, he knows that he better not drop teh ball... He knows teh conseqences... He doesn't want a visit from da hooligans again... :ninja: :pirate: :verymad:

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Devil Bringer is maybe upgradeable. In the demo, we saw only two moves, there could be more of them

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
OK...
But we totally missed out on half of the question.
What about the styles?
I mean I really liked that system in DMC3

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
He Probably Will Have Styles But If You Read My New Gameplay Mechanics, You Can Make Your Own Style For Dante Instead Of Using All Different Ones,
I Think Anyway ??

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
I think that Dante will have the styles, but most likely Nero wil have Devil Bringer-styles.
Such as Telekinetic - style to pull and throw enemies.
Maybe some style which allows to shoot with the devil hand.
Some style where you take the sword in the devil hand and it makes you more stronger and ext...

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Zeke Axel;14571 said:
I think that Dante will have the styles, but most likely Nero wil have Devil Bringer-styles.
Such as Telekinetic - style to pull and throw enemies.
Maybe some style which allows to shoot with the devil hand.
Some style where you take the sword in the devil hand and it makes you more stronger and ext...

Those are some nice ideas. Styles FTW.
Dark Elf;14573 said:
Or you can upgrade your Devil Bringer like your gun(s) and sword(s)
I personally think it will be more like this though. I thought there was an interview that says he ditched the styles system.(?)

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
yeah, i don't know about you, but i live in a free country and i'll saw what i want to. like this, nero's in a coma and dante is just a dream in nero's head. none of the dmc games ever took place and sparda doesnt actually exhist in the game.

ok... that was complete b.s. but i was expressing my freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom