• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Developer revealed for Devil May Cry HD Collection

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The developer behind the upcoming multiplatform remastered title, Devil May Cry HD Collection, may have been revealed by Microsoft. A product overview from Xbox.com listed Foundation 9 Entertainment as the developer. You can check out the latest screens from the collection in the slideshow to the left of this article and the overview of the product below:
  • Original release date: 4/3/2012
  • Developer: Foundation 9
  • Publisher: Capcom Entertainment, Inc
  • Genre: Action & Adventure
Foundation 9 Entertainment was formed from several smaller studios, including Backbone Entertainment, who had previously work with Capcom for several downloadable Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade titles: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Devil May Cry HD Collection includes all three games that originally came out on the Playstation 2: Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition. The collection will feature enhanced high-definition graphics, achievements/ trophies support in addition to other bonus content.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
So is it just me, or are Capcom getting lazy?
Didn't really think it's need a new developer seeing the games already exist... but i suppose someone has to HD-fy them.

Never heard of Foundation 9... but then again, i wouldn't play those games that they have developed.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
So is it just me, or are Capcom getting lazy?
Didn't really think it's need a new developer seeing the games already exist... but i suppose someone has to HD-fy them.

Never heard of Foundation 9... but then again, i wouldn't play those games that they have developed.

The thing is, most of the developers who re-master the games to HD are all external companies, such as Bluepoint Games for God of War games, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus.

I think either they are lazy, or they are focusing on doing other projects.

Dante47

Capcom is very intent on RE6, so its understandable. I wouldn't want my biggest series to bomb either.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
That's what I want to know as well.

Same here.
When they released the attract mode trailer (
), I was sure we will have some gameplay footage by now, as well as know what this mysterious bonus content is. It's been 3 months, and we still don't have any gameplay footage and still don't know nothing about the bonus content. The main menu picture, the release date and this are the only things we've learned since then. The lack of details about the HD collection is quite disappointing in my opinion.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Capcom is actually working on 2 new IP games to try and gain back some of the fire they lost to the U.S game developers. (Dragons Dogma and Azures Wrath)
It makes sence to put all of their effort behind their new hopeful titles, and let some other developers make the other games capcom created...
anime-phoenix-wright-539826.gif

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Same here.
When they released the attract mode trailer (
), I was sure we will have some gameplay footage by now, as well as know what this mysterious bonus content is. It's been 3 months, and we still don't have any gameplay footage and still don't know nothing about the bonus content. The main menu picture, the release date and this are the only things we've learned since then. The lack of details about the HD collection is quite disappointing in my opinion.
I agree. But man that video was so cool!

Top Bottom