• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Details in the DMC3 PC SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm curious - what are your experiences/thoughts on the DMC3 SE for PC if you've had a chance to compare it with the PS2 SE?

Upping the resolution and playing it on the highest made me notice all sorts of things I hadn't while playing the PS2 version - or perhaps these are differences put in to the PC version that're actually missing from the PS2 version, I'm not sure... I haven't had time to check the differences properly myself.

Things like, I'm pretty sure in the PS2 mission 7 cutscene Dante doesn't wink at Vergil when he pulls Ivory on him, but he clearly does on the PC...

And I didn't notice Dante catching a bullet in his teeth in the cutscene where Lady shoots him twice, but I clocked it right away on the PC.

And for those of you who don't think Dante's the 'bookish' type, playing mission 1 on PC shows he's been reading a bunch of leatherbound tomes that look much like the ones Vergil is browsing in his cutscene, or the one Arkham carries around.

...Anyone else notice little differences or details like that that they didn't with the PS2?

aka958

Don't trust people
No not really, but one thing. the PC had everything extremely slow and nothing was that speedy as it should be... 2 seconds for Dante to perform a stinger...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Were you using keyboard or controller? Most controllers (if you had to use a keyboard emulator) experience that 'lag'; I'm using a PS2 pad with it and the lag is hair-raising, yea.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
He's got three of those type of books on his couch next to the spirits bottles. I guess it's suggesting Dante reads into the same sort of literature (possibly out of interest for his heritage, or maybe he's just getting interested in demons and how to kill them), who knows?

Nice touch though, adds something to his personality.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The PC version turned into a test of attrition for me, the control layout was just utterly awful, the fact that it would NOT let me rebind any of the keys either utterly annoyed me too.

I got through the first mission before uninstalling it because I don't have a gamepad that's compatible with my laptop and I'll be damned if I'm paying £20 for one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom