• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Death of Rebellion

Handsome Devil Sparda

I mean anyone else sad that this awesome iconic sword which first showed up in DMC 2, 3, Animated series and 4 is gone? I mean ya we got Devil Sword Dante but this whole thing with fusing sword things get me confused, Vergil didn’t do it so why Dante with his fathers sword hell what happened to even Alastor! All good swords gone :cry:

Last edited:

Woki Bakoki

I don't know man. I feel the same but it isn't sooo bad seeing as you can still use Rebellion as a separate sword. Same with the Devil Sword Sparda. Also finally someone brings up Alastor! That sword is way overdue a comeback.

As for Vergil not doing it... Yeahhh, DMC5 in general is kinda weird. The whole Sin Devil Trigger and Devil Sword Dante part especially strikes me as not very well thought out. I'm sure it can be made sense of but it just... idk man that scene in paticular is like "uhh, ok. I guess Dante is just even stronger now. That's convenient."

Redcore

You can't fuse with Yamato, as Yamato is meant to split things, not reunite them (thus why V and Urizen existed in the first place).
Rebelion was meant to awaken Dante's true power. Dante fused with Sparda (the sword) and Rebellion.

Hungry Alien

You can't fuse with Yamato, as Yamato is meant to split things, not reunite them (thus why V and Urizen existed in the first place).
Rebelion was meant to awaken Dante's true power. Dante fused with Sparda (the sword) and Rebellion.
Meh I think even with the fusion property on the Rebellion, it still look kinda weird. Like Sparda would have foreseen that far and given the Rebellion to Dante in order for him to awaken the true power of the Sparda.

My main problem with this is how easy it sound in the game. Like stab yourself while carrying the Sparda on your back and there you go. Free power up without any inconvenience.

Redcore

Meh I think even with the fusion property on the Rebellion, it still look kinda weird. Like Sparda would have foreseen that far and given the Rebellion to Dante in order for him to awaken the true power of the Sparda.

My main problem with this is how easy it sound in the game. Like stab yourself while carrying the Sparda on your back and there you go. Free power up without any inconvenience.
Nope, Sparda gave him Rebellion to reveal his true power. I'm pretty sure Dante fusing with the Sparda sword is just a bonus and wasn't a part of Sparda's plan.

Hungry Alien

Nope, Sparda gave him Rebellion to reveal his true power. I'm pretty sure Dante fusing with the Sparda sword is just a bonus and wasn't a part of Sparda's plan.
Since the Sparda was still needed for Dante to unlock his true power, it doesn't look like a bonus to me. He got stabbed by the Rebellion many time in the serie, and never awakened the SDT form. Only when he absorbed the Sparda does he attains his full potential.

So yeah, this isn't clear if Dante's power comes from Rebellion alone or Rebellion and Sparda fused. But either way, I still don't like how we got rid of the Sparda so easily for something not that great in return. I don't like the DSD design, it looks like a generic glowing sword to me.

Woki Bakoki

Since the Sparda was still needed for Dante to unlock his true power, it doesn't look like a bonus to me. He got stabbed by the Rebellion many time in the serie, and never awakened the SDT form. Only when he absorbed the Sparda does he attains his full potential.

So yeah, this isn't clear if Dante's power comes from Rebellion alone or Rebellion and Sparda fused. But either way, I still don't like how we got rid of the Sparda so easily for something not that great in return. I don't like the DSD design, it looks like a generic glowing sword to me.
Exactly! It's on the same level as Force Edge. I would of preferred a sword like the Devil Sword Sparda.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm with foxtrot, wasn't a big fan of the sparda sword design

So dsd is a great hybrid and i really dig it

Redcore

DSD handle is very unpractical and should have the claws from the guard removed or pointing to the other side. Other than that, it's a useful sword. I like the pommel.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I mean anyone else sad that this awesome iconic sword which first showed up in DMC 2, 3, Animated series and 4 is gone? I mean ya we got Devil Sword Dante but this whole thing with fusing sword things get me confused, Vergil didn’t do it so why Dante with his fathers sword hell what happened to even Alastor! All good swords gone :cry:
Vergil didn't do it because Yamato can't do it, according to the new lore. Yamato separates things, Rebellion joins them. When you jam Yamato into yourself it separates demonic from human like it separates space to create portals.

The Sparda sword is three parts of Force Edge, and two amulets, put together. For some reason devils can imbue their own souls or power into weapons and Sparda put a bunch of his own power into the Force Edge and used it to keep Temen-Ni-Gru shut down. Then the two "keys" to the sword he gave to Dante and Vergil, perhaps knowing they'd never actually give their own half of the amulet up, so it wouldn't be likely anyone else would ever be able to get their hands on that sword.

I wonder why Alastor has never been brought back, that was a cool-ass sword.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I miss Rebellion to some extent, but Devil Sword Dante is so versatile and blows the other series broadswords out of the water.

Top Bottom