• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space 3 Takes Place On A Frozen Planet, First Details Inside (Rumour)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Electronic Arts is developing a new Dead Space game. No surprise there, but it doesn’t take place on a spaceship. Dead Space 3 is set on Tau Volantis, an icy planet where Isaac Clarke has to wade through white-out blizzard conditions.

Early in Dead Space 3, Isaac crash lands on the planet. He believes he may be the only survivor and makes his way to an abandoned waystation, which he uses for shelter from the snowstorm. There he finds a survivor who is severely injured. Isaac speaks to the near dead comrade who reveals there are other survivors that trekked off to another facility. One of them is Ellie, a key character from the original Dead Space game. Isaac grabs a snowsuit and heads into the blizzard.

Later in the game, Isaac reunites with Ellie and a new character named Jennifer. The trio scale a mountain, but Jennifer is reluctant to do so. She’s a tech type excited over finding a codex and plans to reverse engineer research by a group called Rosetta to gain access to it. As they climb up the mountain, they hear a howl from below, but cannot spot what kind of creature made the sound.

The enemies in Dead Space 3 are being referred to as "the hive mind."

This news comes from our mole that sent us details about Electronic Arts’ Syndicatereboot a few months early (stories: here and here). Pictures are from previous Dead Space games.

Read more stories about Dead Space 3 & PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/2...lace-on-a-frozen-planet-first-details-inside/

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Wow, I really hope they keep up the good work with DS3, I am looking forward to what they have planned! I just hope they don't wear it out though, it's a spectacular series! Coming from me that's rare, considering I don't like playing these types of games but the story and character development got me hooked.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
I hope it wouldnot be worse than DS2. It was masterpiece.
I really wanna see how will they make traveling across levels. As we all now previous DS was all about tight spaces with some exceptions. And now we have a snowy wastelands? Mountain climbing? I would like to see how they will make it.
And I'm really interested to see new monsters. It would hardly be necromorphs again, so I'm afraid new ones won't be as scary as NM were.
And what about all this zero-gravity sequences? Seems like they will be absent this time

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Maybe to compensate for that, the planet might have lower gravity and then you have a permanent jump button?
or maybe we'll have an advance suit to stay on the ground but when we want zero gravity we press button on suit to unadjust to the worlds gravity

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It seems like there is a new breed of necromorph or something of the sort. I mean, DS revolves around them and that creepy artifact. I wonder what they will be like? Since the gameplay will be more open I'm curious how they are going to keep that tension factor there.

Demon619

Deadman walking
This sounds interesting, there are so many things that can happen on a strange planet (werid atmostphere, gravity and what not). It makes me wonder how their going to bring the Necros back though, the original marker was destroyed in the first game and the only reason it returned in the second was because they had people exposed to the original (Issac) build a new one.

Oh well, the idea of a snow workd seems very interesting...and Necros jumping out of the frozen snow is gona be creepy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This sounds interesting, there are so many things that can happen on a strange planet (werid atmostphere, gravity and what not). It makes me wonder how their going to bring the Necros back though, the original marker was destroyed in the first game and the only reason it returned in the second was because they had people exposed to the original (Issac) build a new one.

Oh well, the idea of a snow workd seems very interesting...and Necros jumping out of the frozen snow is gona be creepy.

If you remember the end of DS2, they hint that there are more than one Marker, as the Marker Isaac destroyed is called Marker 32-B or something like that.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Yeah, it's certainly is a new marker. Remember final boss of DS1? That was the Hive Mind, guardian of Marker.

Demon619

Deadman walking
If you remember the end of DS2, they hint that there are more than one Marker, as the Marker Isaac destroyed is called Marker 32-B or something like that.

Ah, I forgot about that little issue...kinda makes me feel stupid seeing how one of the multiplayer maps in DS2 has you trying to destroy/defend two other markers on station (how did I forget that?).

But anyway I'm starting to wonder about these 'hive mind' enemys the arrticle was talking about. It obvious makes me think about the HIve Mind from the original Dead Space, but the article said there maybe more than one of them. Makes me think that they may be a smaller versions of the hive mind in from the first game because there are not enough bodies on the frozen planet to make another one the size of the one from DS1 (I doubt theres going to be as big a populatio on a frozen world then there was on a mining planet) . But still, the idea of fighting multiple 'smaller' hive minds throughtout the game is going to be interesting.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah, I forgot about that little issue...kinda makes me feel stupid seeing how one of the multiplayer maps in DS2 has you trying to destroy/defend two other markers on station (how did I forget that?).

But anyway I'm starting to wonder about these 'hive mind' enemys the arrticle was talking about. It obvious makes me think about the HIve Mind from the original Dead Space, but the article said there maybe more than one of them. Makes me think that they may be a smaller versions of the hive mind in from the first game because there are not enough bodies on the frozen planet to make another one the size of the one from DS1 (I doubt theres going to be as big a populatio on a frozen world then there was on a mining planet) . But still, the idea of fighting multiple 'smaller' hive minds throughtout the game is going to be interesting.

Perhaps it's talking about multiple colonies of Necromorphs, each led by it's own unique Hive Mind?

So long as we don't have to get chased by the Ubermorph, I'm fine with it. XD

Demon619

Deadman walking
So long as we don't have to get chased by the Ubermorph, I'm fine with it. XD
Crap...now that I think about it....it might happen, So far we've had the Hunter and Ubermorph...if they keep getting more insane/creepy looking...I may go insane.

If it does happen though, maybe we can get a gun that shoots liquid nitrogen or sometihng else that can freaze the douche so we can run like hell. It would fit well with the whole "Frozen Planet" theme.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crap...now that I think about it....it might happen, So far we've had the Hunter and Ubermorph...if they keep getting more insane/creepy looking...I may go insane.

If it does happen though, maybe we can get a gun that shoots liquid nitrogen or sometihng else that can freaze the douche so we can run like hell. It would fit well with the whole "Frozen Planet" theme.

God, I hope so. Delimbing them to slow them down is a colossal waste of ammunition.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon

Erm, we kinda have a stasis module for that

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
...I think my minds taking a break this week, I keep forgetting about obvious things...it would still make a nice weapon agains normal Necros though...

It would be nice. Freeze, then shatter limbs with a melee attack.

Top Bottom