• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space 3 and shich

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Dead Space 3 the antisapated arrival of the third dead space game is going to be epic!.......or is it? Many things should be considered now that the whole dead space game stlye has completely changed. It is possible that the new co op campaign may very well dull down th scary effect that dead space has to offer. And now that your no longer just fighting the necromorphs any more. You also have to take on guys with guns. Ah, well here's something that should be considered, what does issac really do for taking cover? They'll need to work a cover system, or players are going to have a rough time fighting the soilders. Plus the biggest thing to consider is. Has the series run its course and are we now playing a game that's just beng drawn out to far like call of duty? So as all ways. I look to the people. What's your view?

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
I think it has.
DeadSpace3 is stretched isaac to the point where he's the redundant hero.
The DeadSpace universe itself has many possibilities, i even suggested DeadSpace & The Female In The Engineering Rig.
Still continuing the DeadSpace universe but from different character's encounter with different markers.
My suggestion was the next 3 DeadSpace titles could revolve around a female character, but her hallucination would be of her mother, brother, or sister, boyfriend or girlfriend.
Then 3more would be a different character.
A SilentHill take on rotating main characters, but slower.

On the horror going action aspect i don't think it's everyone wants action, because that's BS.
I think they forgotten how.
They've milked it to death & there's nothing to fear when every game has nearly the same monster & you have an AI partner removing the element of being alone.​
True true I like your point on this. I like to continue on this some more but I'm afraid I might dissapere for awhile some time soon.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well don't worry the DevilMayCry forums will still be here waiting for your return i'm sure :)
Back2 DeadSpace3.
I do like how they are trying to mix it up with soldiers as enemies & not just Necromorphs, it does really fit into the storyline as the Church of Unitology really wants the marker..........any & all markers. And unfortunately for the storyline, Isaac Clarke's has the purest knowledge to create a marker almost like the original marker.
I said unfortunately because saying Isaac Clarke's knowledge was the purest pretty much labeled him as the key point to all of DeadSpace.
And that leads to repetitiveness.
With the number of markers created by so many others infected, DeadSpace could continue for many many games with many different leads.
I'm thinking the co-op character is that setup.

EA has already said that Dead Space won't continue if 3 doesn't get more than 4 million copies sold. So, I'm pretty sure there won't be a Dead Space 4.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
As much as I agree I have to say that do to the way that they have set up the story line it would be extremely difficult for them to intrude a new character in the story line

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Now its not that 'Scary' or 'creepy' anymore its more of an 'action-horror' type of game which relies more of Graphic gore.. and Action

Nevertheless i still want to play it just for the disgusting and sick to the stomach death scenes

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
No no it's not Dead Space. If you can say that Dead Space 1 and 2 was ''alive'' yes. Hehe they used game concept to kill their own dead space. Meanin ''dead space'' is a dead game now. Master Money killed all Necromorphs, Ishimura and Isaac and the whole yeah thingy whatever. Sigh... ''Giant freakin drill'' My ass. Not buying that. Going back to Dead Space 1 and 2. Actually 1 was much better too.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Now its not that 'Scary' or 'creepy' anymore its more of an 'action-horror' type of game which relies more of Graphic gore.. and Action

Nevertheless i still want to play it just for the disgusting and sick to the stomach death scenes
Those are enjoyable. I jumped when I wasn't careful with the eye thing. Fell off my bed when it happened

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void

LOL poke!​

I agree!
DeadSpace was terrifying, DeadSpace2 Isaac Clarke talked to much.
DeadSpace you felt alone, empty halls with horrors hidden in the walls.

DeadSpace2 your always in communication with someone else, letting them know your every move.

The few key elements of scary is feeling alone & darkness.

DeadSpace2 took that away, DeadSpace3 it looks like the darker areas return but the feeling alone part maybe gone.​

I do believe your outside for once in the game. But it's like a frozen planet or something

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You guys do remember that they said that this frozen planet won't be the only planet you go to, right?

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL poke!

I agree!
DeadSpace was terrifying, DeadSpace2 Isaac Clarke talked to much.
DeadSpace you felt alone, empty halls with horrors hidden in the walls.
DeadSpace2 your always in communication with someone else, letting them know your every move.
The few key elements of scary is feeling alone & darkness.
DeadSpace2 took that away, DeadSpace3 it looks like the darker areas return but the feeling alone part maybe gone.
True. I asked myself several times about what is more scary of F.E.A.R and Silent Hill?
I think. The Ring girl Alma keep popping up is scary but with a battallion of clone soldiers using comms
makes it less scary. ''****. I think he is down'', ''Shut up'', ''Flush him out'', ''Need backup''.
Well what about Silent Hill? You don't hear those comms encountering enemies. Yeah, Silent Hill has that buzzing radio that is scary itself. The whole town is completely isolated. Have you ever tried Alone in the Dark?

Forgot about auto filtering. Was just quoting Replica Soldiers

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
In Silent Hill 2 there was a room there with a guillotine or something. I don't remember what I was supposed to do there but when I left the area some nasty sound came and freaked me out. Akira Yamaoka at his best! Love some of his songs too.

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
I remember that.
I was where the multiple pyramid heads were.
SilentHill, SilentHill 2, SilentHill 3, were so sad too. Great character emotion.
Yea i like Akira Yamaoka but totally loved Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's singing.
Akira Yamaoka wasn't apart of SilentHill downpour, maybe he should've been apart of DeadSpace3, that'd be interesting.

True. Mary and Akira songs are awesome.

Top Bottom