• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space 2 Demo Impressions + Screenshots

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The fear that struck your heart with the original Dead Space will strike you again in Dead Space 2. Now you can get a taste of the dismemberment with the Dead Space 2 Demo, available now on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. However, if you are gaming on the Playstation 3 in Europe,I’m afraid you will have to wait until Wednesday.

6429cadca3-dead-space-2-ps3-20240.jpg

Gameplay wise, Dead Space 2 works just like the first game in terms of basic mechanics so people who witnessed the horror on the USG Ishimura will feel right at home on The Sprawl. The gameplay has had various tweaks and refinements to it’s melee and stomping mechanics so that it works much better this time around and the controls feel much smoother.

Other new gameplay mechanics have been introduced such as free-flying in Zero-G, which is awesome I might add. Also, you now have the ability to pick up enemy limbs with Kenesis and use them to impale other Necromorphs.

The demo introduces several new enemy types for you to dismember, one that I feel deserves a special mention is “The Pack”. If you are not careful, you will be dead before you know it, these quick little things attack in large numbers and can be very deadly this way so always be on your toes.

18641orig.jpg

Graphically, Dead Space 2 is as pretty as ever, throughout the demo you get to explore various environments that look amazing. The character models are fantastic, especially on Isaac’s suit and the Necromorphs look horrifying. A lot of care and attention to detail has been put into Dead Space 2 and it shows, the environments look great and the detail on…. Well, everything is incredible.

44292_416313801658_18523496658_4984958_7434631_n.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Dead Space 2 is a game that you cannot afford to miss out on, the demo was a lot of fun. Although it was relatively short, it definitely succeeded in wetting my appetite for the full game coming January 25th in the US and January 28th in Europe for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.

10/10 stars by thegamershub.net

Source: http://thegamershub.net/2010/12/dead-space-2-demo-impressions/

Screenshots from the demo:

http://translate.google.de/translat...059/galerie/1473405/&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

From the looks of this, the game looks to be very promising. I can't wait to buy this game on 25th January. :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Wow...

I think they've got a Mode where you can play as a type of Necromorph that Can puke on opponents. That pretty much had me hooked.

Top Bottom