• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Souls sequel confirmed

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Developer From Software has assured fans that there will be a follow up to cult hit Dark Souls.

The 2011 game was itself a spiritual successor - rather than a direct sequel - to the popular Demon's Souls.

Both games have gathered a strong following thanks to its notoriously challenging gameplay.

"Of course, it's not over yet," From Software's R&D head Masanori Takeuchi told GameTrailers.

"We've always been enamoured by dark fantasy action RPGs. That's just been our core DNA and I think we'll continue to utilise that."

And the studio's executive producer Eiichi Nakajima adds that the team will be aiming for a much wider audience next time around.

"We've always been about making games for the core gamer, and they weren't necessarily games that did well financially, which is too bad," he said.

"The success of both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, which have each sold over a million [units] per title worldwide, has made us shift our thinking internally to not just core gamers, but to globalise our products, that they can be successful on a worldwide scale.

"That's now one of the key pillars we consider when we develop games in the future."

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/dark-souls-sequel-confirmed

ZeroLove

I haven't tried either of the games but only heard positive things about them. The only thing that makes me hesitate to play them is that people say they are very hard and I'm not that good a gamer. XD

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I haven't tried either of the games but only heard positive things about them. The only thing that makes me hesitate to play them is that people say they are very hard and I'm not that good a gamer. XD

They're not that bad really, the difficulty just comes from trial and error, learning routines and patterns etc. The first playthrough is arguably the hardest and even though every subsequent one shoots up in difficulty, it's notably easier because you know what to expect.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

And that didn't really explain anything, unless those are the only two differences.
Dark Souls is open world. That's the biggest difference. There's a few other small differences between the two. Like how when you die in Demon's Souls your health gets cut in half until you defeat the boss at the end of the level.

Top Bottom