• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Slayer and Yamato

Railazel

Its weird, after some observation, I began to wonder how Dante was able to use Vergil's moves when he hasn't seen for over 10 years? That goes beyond just mere watching him and copying his moves from memory. And then I remember that Vergil had grown in power by using the darkness within himself and I figured that must be true because bits of darkness would appear when his sword makes contact with something. I also had done a little research and it turns out that the name "Yamato" could be read as "demon blade." I'm starting to think that Dark Slayer is more than just a style and possibly something that emanates from the person's soul. Dante possibly learned Vergil's skills because Yamato is a physical representation of Vergil's soul and thus contains the Dark Slayer style. Or it could be the reverse and Vergil could have gained his abilities because Yamato is a sword of darkness. Any thoughts?

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Dante being able to use Vergil's moves=Kobayashi's logic or he is naturally gifted with a great memory.

Railazel

Dante being able to use Vergil's moves=Kobayashi's logic or he is naturally gifted with a great memory.
Good point, but Vergil had to go through lengths in order (for us, all we had to do was buy it, but in game terms that's years worth of practice) to learn the moves he knows, so I doubt his moves can just be copied even if Dante has great memory.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well Dante uses every weapon that comes to his hands like a master so using Vergil's Katana like that isn't so surprising. It's not like Vergil had any sort of signature moves - except Judgment Cut, though I think this is the power of Yamato, being able to slash from a distance - which were really difficult. Dante only uses about 3 of the moves, and it's nice how his version of the Judgment Cut isn't like Vergil's. Proves that even though he kept the easy moves (like the double slash while airborne) he still added his own style in the weapon.

Railazel

Well Dante uses every weapon that comes to his hands like a master so using Vergil's Katana like that isn't so surprising. It's not like Vergil had any sort of signature moves - except Judgment Cut, though I think this is the power of Yamato, being able to slash from a distance - which were really difficult. Dante only uses about 3 of the moves, and it's nice how his version of the Judgment Cut isn't like Vergil's. Proves that even though he kept the easy moves (like the double slash while airborne) he still added his own style in the weapon.

Another good point, maybe I might be reading to much on Dante being able to use Yamato. Though I still wonder about Dark Slayer.

Top Bottom