• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's whereabouts

DarkAngel7

I was replaying DMC4 and I was thinking, what was Dante doing during the first 11 or so missions. You only see him once I think it is and that is when Nero enters the forest. A cut scene or two of Dante would have been nice.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante's whereabouts? Probably trying to find some good pizza while Nero was running around aimlessly. Nero was the focus of DMC4, after all, not Dante.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I was replaying DMC4 and I was thinking, what was Dante doing during the first 11 or so missions. You only see him once I think it is and that is when Nero enters the forest. A cut scene or two of Dante would have been nice.

Well, I see your point. All we really know (I think) is that he kept shadowing Nero, waiting until the Savior and other powerful demons reared their heads. In that sense, he really seems to be assessing Nero's power, kicking back, relaxing and enjoying the show somewhere in the background.

Here's something most people don't notice. You see Dante quite a few times in the opening cutscene when Nero is fighting the scarecrows.

Anyway I have a theory that's sorta related to the topic, but vaugely, so forgive me. I think the back tracking levels were meant to be played as Dante during the same time Nero goes through some areas, if you get what I mean? Like the forest level for example. Nero meets Dante, because Dante back tracked through it in his level.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Here's something most people don't notice. You see Dante quite a few times in the opening cutscene when Nero is fighting the scarecrows.

Anyway I have a theory that's sorta related to the topic, but vaugely, so forgive me. I think the back tracking levels were meant to be played as Dante during the same time Nero goes through some areas, if you get what I mean? Like the forest level for example. Nero meets Dante, because Dante back tracked through it in his level.

It would be a good theory, except the game shows that Dante is backtracking through those areas while Sanctus is running around on the Savior with Nero as the powersource.

And Gloria was supposed to be her own character. The game was rushed so a lot of things don't make sense. I imagine after the savior Dante would have got his own levels and closed his own hell gates and beat bosses that match up to the weapons he acquires.

Top Bottom