• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's toughest fight?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
For the powerhouse Dante is we've seen him lose or tested quite a few times so which fight do you think Dante had the most trouble with? Even if he won?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't think I've ever seen Dante as outmatched in terms of pure skill as he was in his first fight with Vergil in DMC3.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'd say it would have to be Vergil since he has gotten the best of Dante twice before (once in DMC3 and again as Nelo Angelo in DMC1), although Dante has always beat him in the end when it matters I can't think of anybody who has gotten the better of Dante more than once.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Mundus.

I can see why people are picking Vergil. He’d be my close second. But Mundus is practically Satan in DMC’s Universe and Dante needed Trish’s help to beat him.

It’s not only the fact of the battle, but also what Mundus did to him psychologically. Transforming and corrupting his twin brother, and creating a demon out of his mothers image. There’s some serious psychological damage dealt there, too.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
Vergil when he was young.

In general, Mundus. Mundus had him against the ropes a few times and if Trish hadn't struggled her way back to him through...the power of Love? His mom? He would have died.

Meg

Mundus.

I can see why people are picking Vergil. He’d be my close second. But Mundus is practically Satan in DMC’s Universe and Dante needed Trish’s help to beat him.

It’s not only the fact of the battle, but also what Mundus did to him psychologically. Transforming and corrupting his twin brother, and creating a demon out of his mothers image. There’s some serious psychological damage dealt there, too.
I was going to say Vergil, but then I read this post. Definitely Mundus.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
In terms of physicality, no one has ever given him as big of a lashing as Vergil did in DMC3. But I agree with everything LoD said, plus we also gotta take into account that Dante was able to overcome Vergil at the end, and he did it because of how much he improved over the course of the game.
But Mundus on the other-hand. Dante needed the Sparda sword which gave him a boost in power, and later, Trish gave Dante a power boost to help him finish Mundus off.

Top Bottom