• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Sparda costume...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTLBMX

Are there any benefits to using it other than the Sparda DT? Is Dante any faster or stronger in non-DT or is he completely normal aside from his appearance and DT?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
To clarify right now, it's not a costume, that's actually the legendary knight himself. And the only time his human form got a benefit was in DMC1, where he had access to the Yamato right off the bat which would become the Sparda in DT.

Chrysander

Is there a link to an article that says it is Sparda? I understand that Sparda had no human form, since he was 100% demon, not a half-breed like Dante and that the LDK costume was intended to be "Future Dante", what he might become. Also LDK costume retains Dante's voice. I would like to play as Sparda for real!

As far as I know, you don't get any other abilities

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
When Sparda sealed his power away that's when he probably created his human costume to conceal his true self. but to answer the thread's question. I THINK the Sparda costume makes Dante stronger. I always use the Sparda costume and to be honest I think its the same power of Dante's normal DT. it's wishful thinking saying the Sparda costume is stronger. ^_^ but than again it is because you get unlimited DT, so I guess it is. ^_^

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't remember if he is especially stronger than Dante in DMC1 - I have lost all my good save files, but the Sparda (sword) is generally just great in that anyway.

In DMC3 I didn't notice much difference when using the 'Sparda costume' or Sparda himself over using Dante or any of the powered-up Dantes. I guess that's why a lot of people assume he's just a bonus sprite as there isn't much different about him save appearance.

I agree it would have been very nifty to have unlocked Sparda with different attributes to Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Actually, Dante's DT stats change depending on what weapon he's using. Since Sparda's DT does not change, it has only the basic stats. So in actuality, the Sparda costume is weaker.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Now that I think about it the Sparda costume's only good side is the unlimited DT and recovering health. (This is the Super Legendary Dark Knight costume, their are 2 versions in the SE) Other than that it's got the same power as normal Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom