• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's choice in weapons over time

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
has it occured to anyone that over time, dante begins to use less and less devil arms? now i know that DMC3 and DMC4 are technically part of a rebooted franchise. but they are identified as part of the classic series so i will speak of them as such.
so, notice how in DMC3 dante uses almost nothing but devil arms? and in DMC1 he equels out the amound of human weapons and devil arms? then in DMC4 he pretty much uses devil arms because thats pretty much the only weapons that are around. while in DMC2, dante uses mainly human weapons. why is that. it seems as the older and more powerful dante becomes, he relies less and less on devil arms. either that or he is afriad of surrendering his humanity...?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
plays a big part. but i'm lookin to go deep on this one. like, thinking reaally deep. like sasha grey deep
Um... If we're going to count DMC2, let's just say that Dante likes "starting from scratch" in every "adventure" that he has (gives up all his health, DT magic, weapons, etc.) to "challenge" himself and make "life more interesting".

The weapons he finds in the games are just coincidental. And I'm pretty sure that when he holds them, they all have some sort of demonic energy due to his heritage. He "converts" them, as it were -- whether the weapons be "human" or "demon".

Railazel

Actually it all depends on his DT. For example, in DMC 3 and DMC 1, the appearance and abilities of his DT depended on the weapons he was weilding. In DMC 4 and DMC 2, not so much.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the only weapons Dante chooses are Rebellion or Force Edge (demonic) and E&I (human) everything else is just whatever he finds. most melee weapons are demonic and most ranged weapons are human.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Um... If we're going to count DMC2, let's just say that Dante likes "starting from scratch" in every "adventure" that he has (gives up all his health, DT magic, weapons, etc.) to "challenge" himself and make "life more interesting".

The weapons he finds in the games are just coincidental. And I'm pretty sure that when he holds them, they all have some sort of demonic energy due to his heritage. He "converts" them, as it were -- whether the weapons be "human" or "demon".

Actually it was confirmed or stated in one outside game source (it was either a Drama CD or a novel) that in between each game Dante tends to sell his Devil Arms to some dude who researches this stuff to gain a profit so he pay off his rent or any debt since he wasn't gaining much to any profit being a Devil Hunter due to how he ran his business (he would take jobs and when the client was poor or didn't have enough to pay him Dante would let them off for free).

However, I think it said he did keep Alastor and Agni & Rudra but has them locked away in a closet somewhere....or he finally sold Agni & Rudra because they got annoying.

So yup Beowulf, Cerberus, Ifrit, Nevan, and another Devil Arm/demonic weapon he finds he probably sold them and he probably sold Gilgamesh, Pandora, and Lucifer as well. In fact one theory was that the Devil Arms in DMC4 once belonged to Dante as he vanquished some high ranking demons (Lucifer being one of them) to get them but he sold them and the Order got their hands on it......nah its a dumb one since Lady said that they were collecting Devil Arms prior to DMC4 happening.....although they probably could've got them from a shop or person Dante sold them to.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Actually it was confirmed or stated in one outside game source (it was either a Drama CD or a novel) that in between each game Dante tends to sell his Devil Arms to some dude who researches this stuff to gain a profit
Crap, I forgot about that. And I think it was the DMC4 book that said Dante sells his weapons. It still kind of ties into the "make life challenging" theory, though. Only this time he gets paid.

Maybe he sells all of his blue and purple orbs to the research guy as well, seeing as his DT and health are almost always brought down... and without a Metroid "I-lost-everything" explanation, either.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm wondering who the hell would buy those dangerous demon weapons, and what would they do with them? Hang it on their wall?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I'm wondering who the hell would buy those dangerous demon weapons, and what would they do with them? Hang it on their wall?

they would probably sell the weapons to people that need devil arms for something ( killing demons, helping demons etc.) and there probably would be a few people who would hang them on their wall.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
they would probably sell the weapons to people that need devil arms for something ( killing demons, helping demons etc.) and there probably would be a few people who would hang them on their wall.

But those devil arms chose Dante, and if someone less worthy has them, they might turn back into their real forms and kill its new owner.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, like SN said, mostly research. Although, I would guess that there are other demon hunters as powerful as Dante out there.

Like those Kung Fu experts living in the mountains and such.

Top Bottom