• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante summoned swords

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Does he have better mastery over the summoned swords tecnique than vergil? And could dante always have done summoned swords like vergil if he had figured out how or is DSD required? If so why Didnt vergil have any such prerequisite?

Hungry Alien

That's actually a good question. But since the Summoned Swords are used by many characters in DMC (Nero, Credo, Vergil, Dante) and they aren't linked to a specific item, it can be considered as some form of demonic magic.

As for who wields the swords better, Vergil and Dante both got different style with those. Dante have more control on the swords, but seems to lack the ability to control them at long range or summons them from far away. Vergil on the other hand seems able to summon those swords from far away, even directly around the target when he is flying 50 meters away from it, but he can't control their movement as precisely as Dante.

The only problem I got with those swords is why Dante didn't used them before getting his own devil sword.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
That's actually a good question. But since the Summoned Swords are used by many characters in DMC (Nero, Credo, Vergil, Dante) and they aren't linked to a specific item, it can be considered as some form of demonic magic.

As for who wields the swords better, Vergil and Dante both got different style with those. Dante have more control on the swords, but seems to lack the ability to control them at long range or summons them from far away. Vergil on the other hand seems able to summon those swords from far away, even directly around the target when he is flying 50 meters away from it, but he can't control their movement as precisely as Dante.

The only problem I got with those swords is why Dante didn't used them before getting his own devil sword.
Credos summoned swords are clearly not the same as what others use as they seem to be actual swords rather than spectral ones and neros ability to use them was because his connection to vergil. Kinda like nero just unlocked a move the yamato remembered his pops using.

Hungry Alien

Credos summoned swords are clearly not the same as what others use as they seem to be actual swords rather than spectral ones and neros ability to use them was because his connection to vergil. Kinda like nero just unlocked a move the yamato remembered his pops using.
Dante's sword are also not identical to Vergil's swords, so I think those sword's appearance are a reflection of one's mind. Like for Credo, they are golden spears, and we know that Credo thought of himself as a humans chosen to become an angel, so a more divine appearance fits him. The twins's swords share some similarity probably because they are twins.

For Nero, it's kinda complicated. His swords looks like some blue boomerangs, so I can't really get what they mean to him. But him getting the ability to use the Summoned Swords after getting the Yamato and his pseudo DT is mostly something to strengthen his link to Vergil. He is his son, so I guess Vergil's sword must have unlocked some of Vergil's ability for him to use.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dante's sword are also not identical to Vergil's swords, so I think those sword's appearance are a reflection of one's mind. Like for Credo, they are golden spears, and we know that Credo thought of himself as a humans chosen to become an angel, so a more divine appearance fits him. The twins's swords share some similarity probably because they are twins.

For Nero, it's kinda complicated. His swords looks like some blue boomerangs, so I can't really get what they mean to him. But him getting the ability to use the Summoned Swords after getting the Yamato and his pseudo DT is mostly something to strengthen his link to Vergil. He is his son, so I guess Vergil's sword must have unlocked some of Vergil's ability for him to use.
Id be strained to say theyre of any relevance in this though. Its easy to see that vergil, dante, and neros swords all look spectral because its the same ability just different users but all family. And we can say that that variant exsists in lore because vergil used them specifically because of his distaste for guns which is referenced at the end of 3. Whereas credos dont resemble any of the other variations and feel they may have just needed another move to pad the moveset. This was more or less neros nelo angelo fight but if it was meant to be the same tecnique i think they wouldve made it resemble every other version

Dio Brando

well vergils are replicas of force edge, right and neros usally are shuriken and urizen used then too. so i geuss anyone can if you have a affinity for it. it might be a mental projection. vergil didnt use any in dmc3 until he got force and nero didnt use his till he got yamato and dante did use his till he got devil sword dante and urizen didnt use his until he ate the fruit. so mabey you have to have awakend some sort of power to use them. also they seem to be how do i put this symbolic of the user meaning all of them represent whos using them thats why dantes interact with his styles so well. giving tricster a triple jump and letting you air trick twice wthouting being devil triggered, etc.

Top Bottom