• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante meets Dante (Mrrandomlulz's dream crossover)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Devil May Cry, Devil may Cry

Why it should be made: The fun of watching the two Dante's argue with their alternate universe self would be hilarious, New Dante making Old Dante lose his cool,.and Old Dante teaching New Dante some respect (ala being as powerful as him and smacking him upside the head.), plus if in the event that both franchises continue, this could be the way that both series end. It turns out the Mundus they were fighting was THE SAME MUNDUS, he was trying not to take over the universe, BUT THE MULTIVERSE! (How is that for a twist?)

Why they will never do it: Because "Dante only fits in his own realm." and more crap.

Easy way around that: Make it take place in the demon realm. Imagine if the demon realm is the one thing these two multiverses share, it links the known multiverse ( looks like I've found my way to Equestria)

Not only would this work great because of us finally getting to explore into the demon realm, but it also allows us to explore Neo-Dante's relationship with Kat. Imagine,
The first to ever accept you, the first you ever actually cared about, and now you have to leave her because it's to dangerous for her to go with you.

The story: Well since DmC hasn't come out yet. I don't know how a story would go down, but here is how I would imagine it.

Ever since DMC4, Dante has had trouble coming to terms with the fact that there are people almost as powerful as him, he also now knows there are artificial ways to get that level of power, he slowly finds himself thirsting for power, having nightmares of himself by Vergil's side, but at the same time, he cannot just let some random demon or human get the kind of power he and Nero have, he was lucky Nero was on his side, but that was luck. After the events of DMC2, ( first quarter of DMC5) he travels into hell to become more powerful, but ultimately fails and leaves (having brief visions of Mundus killing him) , returning to find Trish and a now grey haired wrinkled Lady, had been following him, in the 2nd Quarter of DMC5, Dante returns to Fortuna, to find that Kyrie has literally been made immortal through demonic magic, wielding her brothers cutlass, which was now made demonic in its own right, not nearly as strong as Nero's sword or Dante's sword, but still powerful.

Dante questions Nero as to why he would do this, to which Nero replies he didn't want to live forever without Kyrie, but living forever was a burden he knew he had to carry.

Dante looks back at all he had been through with Lady and knew she would have to die one day, but came to terms with it.

The 3rd and 4th quarters of DMC5 I will leave up to you.

Mundus breaks out again in DMC6, only for Dante to defeat him, kinda giving Dante back his attitude.

Dante finally comes to terms with the fact that certain demons are as powerful as him, when he meets DmC Dante in the 7th and final game of "Phase 1" of the DMC multiverse.

And finally, in the DMC, DmC crossover finale, Mundus is defeated, only to reveal, there are demons more powerful then him (Cue phase 2 of DMC multiverse)

This is how I see DMC and DmC crossing over.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Feel free to edit this into a fanfiction AFTER DmC comes out.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That sounds good and all but not really Capcom's style. Capcom makes games with their own endings and don't really leave teasers for the next game. Each game had its own saga.

I'm not so good with the idea that Dante goes to the demon realm just so he could prove he's stronger. I'd rather him go there in order to finally find his father or Vergil and so on and so forth.

Another reason I don't see Capcom doing a crossover is because there's already a punk kid who acts as Dante's underling or little sibling for Dante to mess with; Nero. New Dante is more like that rebellious kid who acts like an ass all the time and calls old Dante "Old man" just to **** him off.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^ i think the word you are looking for is arc

well he can go find his father or brother to go ask them how to be stronger since he doesn't seem to have been formally trained in how to use his powers or knows much about it.

in the second light novel, Dante used a artifact called the beast's head that allowed him to travel to an alternate timeline where Vergil was still alive so you could just use that to travel.

the only real problem with doing a crossover between the reboot and the original is aesthethic so to make it easier you would only use the mt framework or unreal engine.

DragonMaster2010

^ i think the word you are looking for is arc

well he can go find his father or brother to go ask them how to be stronger since he doesn't seem to have been formally trained in how to use his powers or knows much about it.

Why would he need to get stronger? He's defeated Mundus who was the strongest of them all. Any demon he fights now is pretty much weak compared to him.

in the second light novel, Dante used a artifact called the beast's head that allowed him to travel to an alternate timeline where Vergil was still alive so you could just use that to travel.

Do the light novels count since they're apparently not canon to the series?

the only real problem with doing a crossover between the reboot and the original is aesthethic so to make it easier you would only use the mt framework or unreal engine.

True. Classic Dante moves differently then new Dante, so I'm guessing the frame rates wouldn't add up right if one was in the other.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
True. Classic Dante moves differently then new Dante, so I'm guessing the frame rates wouldn't add up right if one was in the other.
I think Dante would want to avoid repeating his father's failures such as leaving a mess that his sons would have to clean up.

Plus he didnt defeat mundus on his own, having outside help from sparda, eva and trish. And he didn't even kill mundus just reseal him.

The light novel canonicity is in question since they haven't been completely ruled out, just ignored. Plus capcom itself doesn't seem to be a reliable source on canon since they tend to change their minds pretty regularly and most plot holes come from their own negligence than anything else.

the only real trouble are is reconciling Dante's origin in the first light novel with what shown in 3 and its manga. It isn't that hard since you dont know what Dante did before 3 or even his age in the games itself so you could manipulate that too your will.

DragonMaster2010

I think Dante would want to avoid repeating his father's failures such as leaving a mess that his sons would have to clean up.

Plus he didnt defeat mundus on his own, having outside help from sparda, eva and trish. And he didn't even kill mundus just reseal him.

The light novel canonicity is in question since they haven't been completely ruled out, just ignored. Plus capcom itself doesn't seem to be a reliable source on canon since they tend to change their minds pretty regularly and most plot holes come from their own negligence than anything else.

the only real trouble are is reconciling Dante's origin in the first light novel with what shown in 3 and its manga. It isn't that hard since you dont know what Dante did before 3 or even his age in the games itself so you could manipulate that too your will.

I was thinking maybe the first DMC novels could tie in with Dante's life after DMC3. Since this is Dante like at 26 or so then it could lead to DMC1. In the light novel Dante finds out that Gilver was Vergil but he didn't know immediately who Nelo Angelo was.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking maybe the first DMC novels could tie in with Dante's life after DMC3. Since this is Dante like at 26 or so then it could lead to DMC1. In the light novel Dante finds out that Gilver was Vergil but he didn't know immediately who Nelo Angelo was.
I like it before dmc3 because it gives you a better sense of the beef between the twins plus it gives you a better look at how Dante lived before the games.
either way it is possible to tie all the canon together.

Top Bottom