• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante in Hell

Dante47

I'm sure you all know about the end of Devil May Cry 2, where Dante rides straight into Hell. Unfortunately, we never saw what happens after that. But if we did... here's what I'd like.

I want Devil May Cry 5 to take place in Hell. I'd like to control the older and more mature Dante again.

I'd like the game to control similar to Devil May Cry 3/4 except maybe with some more innovation rather than just a carbon copy. But off the topic of combat, I'd like to talk about the way the game would be structured. In The Divine Comedy, Dante is guided through each circle of Hell. I want the game to feature each circle, showing Dante descending deeper into Hell to fight the big baddie. Imagine the radically different puzzles and layouts. It would be awesome.
inferno-map-021.jpg

I don't have much idea on the story. I just want to know what happens after DMC2 and what Dante does in Hell.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So.... Is the end of DMC2 is where Dante finds himself at the mid point of his life and lost in a (demonic) forest?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Wasn't that the exact premise of that other game, Dante's Inferno?

Dante47

i like the idea just wondering how close to the source material you wanna play it.
Not to close. I'd like it to represent The Divine Comedy, just in a Devil May Cry way. It doesn't need to be anything like it even, I'd just would like a game where Dante visits each circle and fights maybe a boss in each area.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not to close. I'd like it to represent The Divine Comedy, just in a Devil May Cry way. It doesn't need to be anything like it even, I'd just would like a game where Dante visits each circle and fights maybe a boss in each area.

So what kind of gameplay do you want? i think the open world of darksiders would work better here than the traditional 20 missiion structure.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

sweet idea man.....nice job:)....and i agree with Z218 it would be perfect in an open world like darksiders....as for the gameplay i'd like it to be like darksiders 2....you know (DMC+POP+GoW)...it would be awesome :D

Dante47

So what kind of gameplay do you want? i think the open world of darksiders would work better here than the traditional 20 missiion structure.
Yeah, that's actually a way better idea. I'd just like the combat to keep the Devil May Cry feel.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah, that's actually a way better idea. I'd just like the combat to keep the Devil May Cry feel.

i would like the story to have a little meta-humor with Dante poking fun of the fact that this adventure reminds him of the divine comedy.

Dante47

i would like the story to have a little meta-humor with Dante poking fun of the fact that this adventure reminds him of the divine comedy.
Yeah, like maybe while your exploring Dante will say something like "Where's Vergil when I need him?"

Dante47

Well, the story would be a continuation of DMC2. The issue is... I don't exactly know what he did, and I'm having trouble coming up with a good theory.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Getting Sparda out of the Final Circle.

Betrayal.

interesting idea.

Well, the story would be a continuation of DMC2. The issue is... I don't exactly know what he did, and I'm having trouble coming up with a good theory.

you would have to figure out his mindset or the reasons why he did the things he did.

for example- Dante is 2000 years old and tired of this pattern he finds himself in so he tries to find another out of the predicament by seeing what hell was like.

Soul steeler

Demon king of sleep
i think a dynasty worriers style hoards of enemies thing would work well in a hell scenario

"shoulda stayed in limbo" lol

Top Bottom