• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante apparently dead...how did you feel?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
If we remember in episode 11 Dante was hanging on a cross with rebellion in his chest. Now how did that make you feel? For me I wasn't really worried since...he's been stabbed before...so why should I be suspenseful? I mean I've seen a sword thrown through him, scythes plunged into his body, punched down by beowulf, and other life threatening injuries. So how did the writers think this would worry us? Because if that was their intention, this anime is really bland.:/

Dylan20

I found it funny they thought his sword jammed into his chest would kill him, Also you dun goofed popped in my in my head.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
At first I was a bit worried, maybe worried is a bad way to explain it, but that was only because he was unconscious and I thought that cross might have been a special seal which it might have been since he only came to when Patty started to try to remove rebellion.

Though let's see so far he has been: stabbed through by Alistor, Stabbed in stomach by Vergil then stabbed by him again with rebellion, Stabbed in chest with his own sword again by Nero, Shot in the head by lady, impaled in multiple places by scythes, pounded by Beowulf. I think I'm forgetting a few others too.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
I was actually quite surprised, but knew that Dante would not have been defeated by Sid.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
At first I didn't think much of it, until he just kept hanging there. Then I kept wondering whether he's taking a break or if he's legitimately passed out, kept waiting for him to wake up and get off. I didn't start freaking out until Patty tried to help him - aaahh that liddle girl almost made me cry!! I LOVE the anime.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Well, I rember that at the time I had just seen the scene from DMC3 on the top of Temen-ni-Gru, so I was like "So what? You gonna do something or do you want a coffee first? C'mon, I don't have all day..."
Poor Dante, he spoiled us in the games, now he has to keep up to his reputation! :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
At first I didn't think much of it, until he just kept hanging there. Then I kept wondering whether he's taking a break or if he's legitimately passed out, kept waiting for him to wake up and get off. I didn't start freaking out until Patty tried to help him - aaahh that liddle girl almost made me cry!! I LOVE the anime.

Yeah, when I saw Patty starting to cry and beg Dante to wake up, they almost had me believe he really was dead.

Railazel

Full List of Life- Threatening Injuries:
DMC 1) Stabbed in chest by own sword thrown by Trish; Stabbed in chest by wild Alastor; Stabbed by multiple lasers shot by Mundus, twice
DMC 3) Stabbed in multiple areas by scythes wielded by fodder; Stabbed in stomach by Vergil, twice; Shot in the head by Lady; Punched by Beowulf;
DMC 4) Punched in face by Nero multiple times in succesion; Getting stabbed in the chest by Nero;

So yes, getting stabbed in the chest by Rebellion isn't much.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Like others, I was think that he'd be fine because he's had this happen before with being stabbed and shot, but then he's just there and not moving, but I'm still thinking he's going to be okay. This is Dante we're on about. Something like Sid isn't going to keep him down forever. Besides, that would have been such a sad ending.

TheOneGirl

If we remember in episode 11 Dante was hanging on a cross with rebellion in his chest. Now how did that make you feel? For me I wasn't really worried since...he's been stabbed before...so why should I be suspenseful? I mean I've seen a sword thrown through him, scythes plunged into his body, punched down by beowulf, and other life threatening injuries. So how did the writers think this would worry us? Because if that was their intention, this anime is really bland.:/
Well it shocked me when I saw the 11th episode because usally Dante responds quicker when he gets punched to the ground or gets inpaled to walls by his own sword. Seeing Dante on the cross not responding then more than 5 min or so did made me kind of think that Dante was dead.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I already knew he wasn't dead but if I had gone in to the series not knowing probably would have been alittle nervous seeing how he was like that for what half an episode? But then he comes back and like everything else in the anime kills the final boss with ease :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If thats how they kill him off ill be ****ed i mean how many times has he been stabbed in the chest i mean come on!!!!

*Walks up and kicks the cross*
*"lets go dante, youve got a reputation to uphold get that sword out of your chest and lets rock*

also for @the one girl* note about the wait for him to get up lets not forget that after vergil stabbed him and he went dt for the first time he passed out and it didnt really say how long he was passed out for soooo im sure hell be okay

Top Bottom