• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crystal Dynamics new unknown IP

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
yeah, 6 months into the project, it was dropped.
apparently it was a game that was based around the time that Lord Kain raised his Vampire Sons. (so I've heard)
I've always said it was dropped for Tomb Raider... that made me sick as a fan of the series (LoK not TR).

I've never see this before... thanks for posting the link :D
I don't want to have a chink of hope for this game and it's all blown apart... because it's happened before :(

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yeah, 6 months into the project, it was dropped.
apparently it was a game that was based around the time that Lord Kain raised his Vampire Sons. (so I've heard)
I've always said it was dropped for Tomb Raider... that made me sick as a fan of the series (LoK not TR).

I've never see this before... thanks for posting the link :D
I don't want to have a chink of hope for this game and it's all blown apart... because it's happened before :(
I saw the project works of Blood Omen 3. And i went "****! It's 3!!!", then i read "Ah crap it's cancelled".

Blood Omen 2 has alot of flaws. Such as combat gameplay.
But the gothic atmosphere. The helpless feeling of humans being "cows" for vampires.
The music.
Kain's speech.

etc is so amazing.

I really, really hope that they make Blood Omen 3 and 4 soon. or that the voice of Kain in Blood Omen is like 20ish year old. Because he sounds like a old man and Blood omen needs his voice!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I think Blood Omen 2 is brilliant... except for the final battle with the Sarafan Lord...
It was interesting to see how a character like Kain coped with others telling him what to do.
Personally, i loved Faustus.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think Blood Omen 2 is brilliant... except for the final battle with the Sarafan Lord...
It was interesting to see how a character like Kain coped with others telling him what to do.
Personally, i loved Faustus.
I really like all of them to be honest. Speech is a strength of Blood Omen. The way the voices of vampires talked.
Especially Kain and Marcus.

Faustus came off as a fodder = a weak guy to me. And he is. But he's nonetheless an interesting character as everyone else.
I liked Marcus alot because he made story more awesome.

Oh and btw here's a scene i love of Blood Omen story:
Kain gave hope to Umah that he would save her. But he killed her lol.
Kain - merciful in speech but actions speak louder.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I am guessing it's Blood Omen 3 or a new Blood Omen game.

Just been looking at the New Legacy of Kain Game facebook page... simple answer to the whole IP thing

When will we see the next Legacy of Kain game?

KS: “I can’t answer that because we’re not working on a Legacy of Kain game. The studio is focused on our three projects at the moment. One is Tomb Raider as you know, and the other two are new IP. Again, we’re not working on a Legacy of Kain game here at Crystal Dynamics.” [Transcribed from Crystal Habit Podcast

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Oh well. I don't think Kain voice actor will be around if they ever decide to make a Legacy of Kain game.

ZeroLove

I hope it is a Legacy of Kain game! I loved the series, especially the newest title where you switched between being Kain and Raziel. It's such an amazing story and I do love me some vampire goodness. ^^

Top Bottom