• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crossing Over to the Dark Side [MMO-Related]

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I had my first taste in playing in a group... and it was so... addictive (Dark Drakan was right about the "e-penis" thing, as how the primitive side of my brain loved to show others my costume).

Now... I'm going to start another MMO (because this one was kind of "meh").

Anyway, I just feel rather... awful about this whole thing. Before, whenever I would play an MMO (once every three months), I would just play solo, thinking that there wouldn't be any difference between playing alone and playing within a group.

Oh, how wrong I was. That shameless "Skinner Box" had me hooked when I got so much loot from playing in a group (I was invited, I never asked), and feeling great about myself when they saw my costume (despite the fact that they said nothing about it).

It fuels both the "money" side AND the "showing off" parts of the brain -- all at the same time.

... I can't go back now.

Last edited:

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
What game is this?
And I agree, like whenever I play DayZ by myself...I miss the sight of another player...until they shoot me and I curse at my screen.
Or when I play it with my ONE other friend, we trust no one else.

Or the beautiful game like Journey...I love seeing someone else randomly, but when they disappear you feel...sad.
Some games I'd rather play alone, Dark Souls for example.
Others...well sometimes I need someone just to spout random nonsense with. As for MMO, well I'd love to get into it more and more....but I don't know which games.

Top Bottom