• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Create your own reboot/DmC2

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
write out your own idealized reboot. you can be as creative as you want, rewrite the first DMC add/remove characters of your choice. or just tweek DmC. bonus points if you incorporate game play mechanics.if you want you could just make your own idealised sequel to DmC. the power is yours:

heres my shot at DMCs sweet heart Trish:
first things first credit where its due over here--------------->by strawbeki on tumblr
tumblr_mcofkyMp9u1qcq7qdo1_1280.png

iiiis my inspiration for Trish. i think she should be incredibly powerful, perhaps a demon god(ess) or the daughter of one. shes old, very old like 1000 or sommit (adventure time peeps geddit). she has a curiosity with humanity. not evil, just has no real moral code other than her family. she finds Dante intriguing and has a mini crush/obsession with him. wanting him to go full demon (maybe to take him home to the parents eh eh). in my DmC2 she serves as a sort of temptress asking whether or not its just better for him to abandon his "humanity" cause technically hes not even human. Dante is tempted to try and kill her but she helps him every now and then (like Kat but more out of fun than desperation to save the world) and they form a quasi relationship of trust.

as time continues she starts to adopt Dantes morality and she too begins to want to protect humans also. when Dante goes off the rails and full demon she realizes the horror of what she did and instantly goes to help him.

when its a decision between her family (whom she loves) and saving humanity she desperately tries to get them to see things her way and protect humanity rather than enslave them. they are less than pleased convinced Dante worked some angel spell to brain wash their daughter and lock her away. she escapes on her own and meets Dante intent on banishing her family from earth and convinces dante to help her rather than just kill them.

all does not go to plan and Trish is forced to choose between Dante+humanity or her family. she chooses the first one and instantly is overcome by her grief crying over the loss of her loved ones considering herself to be the greatest devil among them. Dante consoles her and reminds her DEVILS NEVER CRY :D

personality wise: think marceline the vampire queen (what it fits so i ships) . basically flirtatious but in a sort of subtle way so your not sure if shes messing with you or she genuinely isnt sure how the whole relationship thing works. she is ruthless tho, less so as the game progresses but would still tear an acolyte to shreds in an instant.

thats my idea...so..er...input?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let me be like Tameen for a sec so that I can do this;

"This is considered the end game for Dante and the rest of humanity. Dante must now defeat the demons that are still controlling Limbo city freely and must also defeat his own brother from fully gaining control over the world. In doing this, he must not only ask for the humans for help, but the angels as well. He must also go off on this mission while tracking down a strange woman who resembles his mother so greatly. There's also the trouble of Kat who isn't sure who to trust anymore now that her "nightmares" have returned. And finally, Vergil has sought help with a demon known as Aurum who acts the same way his dark side did in telling Vergil of what to do in order to gain more power, of course Vergil knows that Aurum has darker secrets to hide."

"Dante's character has changed from what's been seen in DmC as he now is more responsible for what he needs to do and is more focused on getting the job done. Though he's not with out a joke and still has his sarcasm with a hint of black humor added."

"This story is not just about Dante, but also about Vergil, and the other characters all having a special reason for being in the situations they're in now which all ties into the main goal of the story itself which I can't go into detail too much, but I assure you, it will be eye popping."

And scene.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Awesome idea. OK here's where i would go with a DmC2. have it set 5 years or so after limbo collapses into the real world. the demons, now being ruled by vergil overtake the planet and turn it to a waste land. humans live in small communities and scavenge for supplies. dante serves as the protector of one of the communities, also training them for battle. angels now roam the earth and battle demons trying to take back parts of the land and bring back life. but angels arent fond of nephilim either and also seek to destroy dante and vergil. dante finds another younger nephilim, aka Nero. he takes nero under his wing and trains him in the ways of demon hunting. Kat, dante and nero work together and keep the town they live in safe. dante and nero travel to an abandoned city to find food and materials to bring back to town. they seperate, battle some demons, collect items and meet back up. dante radios for a chopper to pick them up. they load in and take off. just as they get airborne, vergil shows and destroys the helicopter. dante and nero fall back to the ground. injured and seperated the two fight both angels and demons to stay alive and try to regroup.

thats all i have so far...........

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Story-wise i don't had put much thought on it, but i think it will be heading to a very similar path that of DMC3. The difference being that Vorgil and Donte will be in a constant war to take control of things. They could give Phineas a much more interesting role on this new game, he looks like a cool and wise character, seeing how Donte is like suffering from an identity crisis at the end of the first game; Phineas can be like a councillor to Donte. They can make a bit more interesting relationship between the characters now. and seeing how Vorgil is mad at the end of the Downfall, they could even make he kill Kat or something like that, something that would bring even more tension to the rivalry and give Donte more reason to really kill Vorgil this time.

Gameplay-wise, they would focus on taking all the good qualities of earlier DMC games and make a bit more challenging and deep gameplay than that of the first DmC. They can do it while still sustaining that "give the casuals feelings of pros" philosophy. They need to work much more on the bosses and enemy designs this time, change the mechanics of the DT and avoid creating exploitable things like Demon Evade or grab/pull cancels (or at least make it harder to pull of).

REAPER 3142

Story-wise i don't had put much thought on it, but i think it will be heading to a very similar path that of DMC3. The difference being that Vorgil and Donte will be in a constant war to take control of things. They could give Phineas a much more interesting role on this new game, he looks like a cool and wise character, seeing how Donte is like suffering from an identity crisis at the end of the first game; Phineas can be like a councillor to Donte. They can make a bit more interesting relationship between the characters now. and seeing how Vorgil is mad at the end of the Downfall, they could even make he kill Kat or something like that, something that would bring even more tension to the rivalry and give Donte more reason to really kill Vorgil this time.

Gameplay-wise, they would focus on taking all the good qualities of earlier DMC games and make a bit more challenging and deep gameplay than that of the first DmC. They can do it while still sustaining that "give the casuals feelings of pros" philosophy. They need to work much more on the bosses and enemy designs this time, change the mechanics of the DT and avoid creating exploitable things like Demon Evade or grab/pull cancels (or at least make it harder to pull of).

Nice, i like that. I would love to see arkham return. Maybe have him be the parallel to phineas. Phineas is dantes consultant and guide, trying to figure things out. where as arkham is the voice that fuels vergils anger and drive for revenge. Both are really intelligent and resourceful.

788Masri

Nice, i like that. I would love to see arkham return. Maybe have him be the parallel to phineas. Phineas is dantes consultant and guide, trying to figure things out. where as arkham is the voice that fuels vergils anger and drive for revenge. Both are really intelligent and resourceful.

i like that parallel, perhaps have arkham be Kats actual father and boom Kat is the new lady...wait, maybe she has to be more angry to be lady. unless maybe the appearance of her father drive her into a darker and more angry mindset.

REAPER 3142

i like that parallel, perhaps have arkham be Kats actual father and boom Kat is the new lady...wait, maybe she has to be more angry to be lady. unless maybe the appearance of her father drive her into a darker and more angry mindset.

thats awesome. good idea man. how do you feel about rebooting Lucia. I would like to see her as an angel. Maybe she is personally tasked with eliminating dante and vergil. but after some confrontations and observing, Lucia starts to adopt Dante and Kats point of views on free will and joins them in fighting vergil as well as other angels. kind of like castiel from supernatural.

788Masri

thats awesome. good idea man. how do you feel about rebooting Lucia. I would like to see her as an angel. Maybe she is personally tasked with eliminating dante and vergil. but after some confrontations and observing, Lucia starts to adopt Dante and Kats point of views on free will and joins them in fighting vergil as well as other angels. kind of like castiel from supernatural.

i havent thought about that ( i tend to neglect DMC2 and all its components) but that would be awesome. have her be some badass knight who goes around killing the worst of the worst. itd be interesting if the angels gave her a false inpression about Earth and demons and when she goes there she finds herself challenging these conventions.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
*googles Cambion*

fair enough, that would be pretty cool actually. what else would you add to it?

Dante & Vergil are nephilim.
Nero can be a cambion born from Vergil's demon blood.
Lucia can be an angel.
Kat can also take Lady's place.

The Order of the Sword can be a false Christian hood.
What of Kyrie? Don't wanna leave her in the dark again.

Nero can be an orphan like Dante, until taken in by a Christian family that accepted his demon-half heritage. Then they were killed by a demon army, and Nero would set out to find his true father (which is Vergil). Dante discovers some part of Vergil inside of Nero, and learns he's not a nephilim... but a cambion.

Dante wasn't sure of the idea of making Nero his nephew, despite what Vergil has done over the years.

Maybe DmC2, should take place 5 years later. The world becomes like... Zion, while demons and angels continue to fight at war. Some humans went into fighting alongside the new Order, while some went into hiding underground, fearing for their deaths.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Story
Human World is falling apart Vegril doesn't give a crap.... Dante tries his best meanwhile angels ACTUALLY come down to fight and it becomes a battle ground of Holy warriors and Demons Dante finds himself as the enemy of both now all the characters are completely different from DmC... now the universe is more like Madmax or borderlands

AND the most important of all dante now has a brand New Demon hunter COAT !

Gameplay

> NO More weapon specific enemies !
> Better Weapons !!
> Ebony and Ivory damage upgrade seriously they both SUCK so bad in DmC
> Non-Scripted/non-linear Creative Boss Battles WITH 0% QTE's
> Branching Paths more non-linear gameplay like DMC 1 where you could backtrack and do all sorts of special Blue fragments

Graphics:-

Just fix the freaking slowdowns for Ps3 and btw Isn't Kat the re-imagination of Trish anyway ??

788Masri

Dante & Vergil are nephilim.
Nero can be a cambion born from Vergil's demon blood.
Lucia can be an angel.
Kat can also take Lady's place.

The Order of the Sword can be a false Christian hood.
What of Kyrie? Don't wanna leave her in the dark again.

Nero can be an orphan like Dante, until taken in by a Christian family that accepted his demon-half heritage. Then they were killed by a demon army, and Nero would set out to find his true father (which is Vergil). Dante discovers some part of Vergil inside of Nero, and learns he's not a nephilim... but a cambion.

Dante wasn't sure of the idea of making Nero his nephew, despite what Vergil has done over the years.

Maybe DmC2, should take place 5 years later. The world becomes like... Zion, while demons and angels continue to fight at war. Some humans went into fighting alongside the new Order, while some went into hiding underground, fearing for their deaths.

whos neros mother? what were Vergils motives?

and how would nero be half demon surely he should be a quater angel, a quater demon and half human?

788Masri

Story
Human World is falling apart Vegril doesn't give a crap.... Dante tries his best meanwhile angels ACTUALLY come down to fight and it becomes a battle ground of Holy warriors and Demons Dante finds himself as the enemy of both now all the characters are completely different from DmC... now the universe is more like Madmax or borderlands

AND the most important of all dante now has a brand New Demon hunter COAT !

Gameplay

> NO More weapon specific enemies !
> Better Weapons !!
> Ebony and Ivory damage upgrade seriously they both SUCK so bad in DmC
> Non-Scripted/non-linear Creative Boss Battles WITH 0% QTE's
> Branching Paths more non-linear gameplay like DMC 1 where you could backtrack and do all sorts of special Blue fragments

Graphics:-

Just fix the freaking slowdowns for Ps3 and btw Isn't Kat the re-imagination of Trish anyway ??

i dont mind weapon specific enemies so long as i have a veriaty of things to do against them. eg there are fast and slow angel/demon weapons

i dont like the idea of a holy war just cuz its been done a few too many times and the thing i like about DmC is the level of originality.. as for the boss battles i thought they were hell a creative esp the bob barbas one

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
whos neros mother? what were Vergils motives?

and how would nero be half demon surely he should be a quater angel, a quater demon and half human?

I thought Nero's mother would be Kat.

But who am I kidding. Give Nero a new storyline that makes him a cambion. No connection with Sparda, Eva, Vergil & Dante.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
i dont mind weapon specific enemies so long as i have a veriaty of things to do against them. eg there are fast and slow angel/demon weapons
i dont like the idea of a holy war just cuz its been done a few too many times and the thing i like about DmC is the level of originality.. as for the boss battles i thought they were hell a creative esp the bob barbas one
Nah i haven't seen a game pull out a good holy war.. at least not outside the cheesy JRPG's and honestly i don't see how else can they give

DmC2 a "Grand" feel

At this point everyone expects DmC2 to be like100 times better then DmC so i think the risks are to be taken here[/quote]
Give Nero a new storyline
Why do even like.. need Nero ? wasn't he a patch up character to begin with ?

REAPER 3142

I don't want Nero to be a nephilim. I want him to be a cambion.

well its official............cambion is my word of the day. nice vocab dude. good idea. i would rather nero be cambion and not related to the brothers at all. just have him have his own seperate story and family issues. i think it would be cool having him be dantes apprentice. as far as weps. i would keep the blue rose as is. that gun is beautiful. as far as the red queen and devil bringer go, make the red queen a real devil arm with its own backstory. same for the devil bringer make it a living gauntlet. dont make it physically part of nero. i didnt like that. just have it function the same as dantes ophion whips. L2/LT moves you and R2/RT drags your enemies to u.

REAPER 3142

i havent thought about that ( i tend to neglect DMC2 and all its components) but that would be awesome. have her be some badass knight who goes around killing the worst of the worst. itd be interesting if the angels gave her a false inpression about Earth and demons and when she goes there she finds herself challenging these conventions.

brutal. love it. she would be far more interesting and a character i would actually like to play as. this game can go so many places. i would hope nt/capcom pay attention to these things. i have been wanting some insane angel combat in dmc for so long. i hope we get another DmC.

Top Bottom