• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Sonic 06' have been something?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
1-sonic_2k6_title.jpg

Sonic fan or not, everyone has heard of the atrocity known as 'Sonic the Hedgehog', or 'Sonic 06'. The game had immense hype during the time before it was released, do to being promised that it would be an epic game and that it was going to be the first Sonic game on the 'NEX-GEN' consoles. And just saying that phrase and thinking back to that time is eerie and sort of nostalgic. Here I am at the birth of a new cycle of consoles in high-school. But anyways, back to the subject.

The game turned out to be **** that hardly anyone even liked. The lack of polish and embarrassing character models were terrible, the gameplay was average, and so was the story. Everyone can agree that this is possibly one of the worst games ever made. However on another note, the soundtrack is kickass. Go listen to it sometime.

But I can't help but wonder, why SEGA? I mean , the game feels and just looks like an Alpha build. Like a really, early game still in development. A game that is just starting to take shape into what the developers would like it to be. The game was OBVIOUSLY rushed and released WAYYY too early. A friend of mine had actually been to the 2005 E3 and actually had a chance to spend a bit of time with the Sonic and Sliver levels that they had for you to play from. And I kid you not, he stated that the game far better looking and felt more responsive overall as a game. And he actually had fun playing the game. But then when he went to purchase the full version of the game, he was horribly disappointing and upset that the E3 demo was actually BETTER than the final product.

This makes me wonder. Did SEGA somehow lose or accidentally **** up the build that they were working on, and then had to go back and create an entirely new one? That actually seems sort of plausible, considering that the game that we now have appears to be within it's Alpha-Build. I mean seriously, the game was pretty damn ambitious for what it was. It was an extremely long game, featured long and somewhat difficult levels, had three playable and different story paths, and a really good soundtrack.

I can't help but wonder, that if SEGA had more time then could Sonic 06 have been one of the best platformer/Sonic games ever? And could SEGA redeem themselves with more titles like Sonic Generations, and then go back one day to complete Sonic 06 as an apology and release again?

What do you guys think?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Sonic is just practically dead. He has been for a long time. The last good Sonic games I played were Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Could Sonic 06 have been good? Of course. Could a lot of Sonic games be good? That's exactly the question. What has happened to Sonic? Is he truly just dead and can never be redeemed?

All this being said, I like Sonic the Hedgehog. (the character) I think he's a pretty cool dude. A shame he's struggling so much. Who knows what will happen.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
One thing I can say though, at least the soundtracks have always been cool.
Sonic is slowly starting to come back. Generations was extremely fun and addicting, although it lacked a story or real motive. If you haven't played it yet Chancey, you really should! And yes the soundtracks are always really good. You should go and listen to "Kingdom Valley- Water" that **** sounds amazing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
IMHO sonic was never a good platforming game the appeal of sonic games is just that its flashy and fast but that's all the actual gameplay sucks and always sucked Sonic needs to die.

I liked Sonic Adventure games but they too were just mediocre at best.

I also liked the "Sonic jump" mobile game

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I actually really like the game...it could have started something new...Silver was a great character and the game itself kept my interest...the only part I did not like about the game was when Elise kissed Sonic...it kinda took away from the nobility of his actions, made it feel less friendly and more romantic, and brought in the whole beastiality thing...plus I kinda had a crush on her so it ****ed me off...

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Do i think 06 could have been something? Probably not. It isn't very likely that even if the game wasn't rushed that it would have been good, i can't imagine that it would have been anything short of painfully average at it's best.

Would i change 06 in the slightest? Hell no. It's not a game as it stands, it's something for others to experience at this point and a great game long demonstration of all the things that you shouldn't do to create a game.

From all the various glitches, to it's atrocious loading times all the way to things like the mach speed sections and gimmicky ball puzzles, it's all examples of things that only serve to bring frustration.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it can be salvaged as parts/elements another game but remaking 06 in its entirety feels rather wasteful. you could just bring back silver/mephisto since its time travel.

Lacey Chebert(Zatanna from Young Justice), Elice's VA should return and voice someone else (maybe blaze?)

I would be interested in them adapting some of the archie comics stuff tho.

Top Bottom