• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Lady's Game Mechanics Be Used For A 3D Megaman Game?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Another question: could Smash Bros' Megaman mechanics be used for a new type of 2D Megaman?

The reason I'm asking this is because performing combos from a mid-range distance would make more sense for characters that rely on blaster-type weapons.

While I would include TvC Vulnutt and MvC2 MM, I feel that it would be too easy to just make another combo-based game that would involve moves performed at close range. It wouldn't fit the style of Megaman (outside of a Capcom fighter, I mean).

However, close-range combat probably wouldn't be that bad of an idea. It'd certainly be better than no game at all, of course.

That being said, Smash Bros Megaman's style of combat is probably the best template we've seen for a new MM game that innovates while making sure it stays true to its roots.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Despite trying to come up with a wide variety of new takes on an aged hero, they were all canned at various points in development, proving that Capcom really doesn't know what it wants from a new Mega Man."

"It's here [in Smash Bros] that Mega Man fans can experience the best of the Blue Bomber, as all of his moves are culled from years of sequels."

http://www.gamesradar.com/do-we-need-another-mega-man-game/

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As much as the game itself ****ed me off, the foundation in something like Metroid:Other M could actually make a cool 3D MegaMan game.

I wouldn't mind that FPS MegaMan brought back to life either. It could have been the Metroid Prime of MegaMan.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
As much as the game itself ****ed me off, the foundation in something like Metroid:Other M could actually make a cool 3D MegaMan game.

I wouldn't mind that FPS MegaMan brought back to life either. It could have been the Metroid Prime of MegaMan.

Neither one of these things are bad ideas, actually. However, using the D-pad for 3D movement had never appealed to me.

Hopefully, if a "Megaman: Other M" ever gets made, you can use the analog stick to move in the non-2D sections.

Last edited:
Top Bottom