• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cosplay help!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm not a cosplay person but their is this coat that a Sentai character wears that I want but its to expensive. So my question to the cosplay folks here on the forums how do you buy your cosplay items and what do you pay for them? Is their a cheaper site for sort of thing? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. ^_^

Cosplay item:
COS-0345.jpg

Actor in real suit
scaled.php

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If i've ever done anything. I've made it from scratch...
I couldn't make something like that though:lol:

Mind you, the trousers look plain/ordinary, so you'd just need the jacket.
As for buying cosplay, i've just been trying to look at ebay.com
They do have cosplay, but i keep getting 'invalid response' (or something like that)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Yeah I'm only buying the jacket, (I don't know why the pants are their). The item costs $180.29USD!! That is a lot of US dollars.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I imagine that is alot of money. I thought those types of cosplay costumes came with trousers... (I know the vergil ones do.)
Are you gonna get the phone and hairstyle too?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I imagine that is alot of money. I thought those types of cosplay costumes came with trousers... (I know the vergil ones do.)
Are you gonna get the phone and hairstyle too?
Its a lot of money I could buy a Flat Screen TV with that kind of money. The phone I can buy at a toy store so that isn't all that bad. I would KILL to have Sosuke's hair!! (I have no idea how the hair stylists even made his hair look like that. That is his real hair btw) I was only thinking of buying the coat only but I suppose I wouldn't be a real cosplay without the Henshin (transformation) device and hair now would I? Lol So I gotta get everything lol.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Oh yeah, with cosplay, you have to make an effort. At least the phone is easy to sort out.
That is one nice hairstyle. I'm thinking it'll take alot of gel and hairspray to get it like that.
I bet they sell wigs that look like that on a cosplay site.... (i know they sell Dante & nero wigs.)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
And I swore to myself I would never dress up in cosplay. I guess I have to ditch that promise. Me in a wig?
I did that once for a Jesus play and I looked funny dressed up as Jesus with long hair lol.
Coslay is expensive thou. >_<

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Honestly, If i had the money, the first thing i would buy is a Vergil cosplay costume ^^
The only time i've dressed up... as a jester as a kid...

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Try Ebay. I get most of my cosplay stuff from there :eek: but then again it may be expensive :/

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I'm trying to avoid the over expensive stuff. But its worth a try.
OMG this is my 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
XD Congrats!!!
I always go on ebay cuz I dont really trust the other cosplay sites since a couple of my friends and I have had trouble with a few of them :/ So, I recommend ebay!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
XD Congrats!!!
I always go on ebay cuz I dont really trust the other cosplay sites since a couple of my friends and I have had trouble with a few of them :/ So, I recommend ebay!
You think thats wild you should see my 2000 thread lol.
Yeah those cosplay sites seem fishy.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well it depends really on how much you are willing to spend, I'm like VeeBee, make it from scratch and the jacket? Well considering it looks quite plain without the added extras, you could try making it too, if you have the right materials, or just go to a supplier who deals in the same kind of material to make it for you...
Let me do some research...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well it depends really on how much you are willing to spend, I'm like VeeBee, make it from scratch and the jacket? Well considering it looks quite plain without the added extras, you could try making it too, if you have the right materials, or just go to a supplier who deals in the same kind of material to make it for you...
Let me do some research...
Bless you child. :)

Top Bottom