• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comparing DMC1 with DMC2 & DMC3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn1p3r R1fl3

Marrionette Of Hell
In DMC1 and DMC 3, when u die, it says "Try Again, and takes you to the room before for went in.
But in DMC2, when u die, u come baack to life..... why make this feature in DMC2, but not 3....
DMC 1 had another feature the others didnt, The DT changed with diffrent weps. can anyone else find any differences?
And why is it that in DMC1, Yamato had electric powers...but when Virgil uses it in DMC3, it doesnt o_O

Force_Edge

Master of Muppets
in DMC1 and DMC3, the option to "Try Again" comes from using a Yellow Orb. In DMC2, the Yellow Orb is replaced by a Gold Orb, of which you can only carry one. A Gold Orb instantly revives you. In DMC2, there are automatic check points in the game. This Gold Orb system is optionable in addition to the Yellow Orb system in DMC3:SE.

EDIT: The DT does not change with DT in DMC1. Using Alastor or Ifrit has essentially the same DT appearance, save for details like shape of head or something like that. Also, during Air Raid, Alastor gains wings. That's about it.

In DMC1, the Yamato was just another weapon where you do basically the same thing you do with Alastor. It's not per se a weapon of its own because it has the same attacks and combos and skills as Alastor. In DMC3, I suppose Rebellion and Yamato came to be the two swords handed down to the twins by their father.

Also, the Yamato in DMC3 is infinitely cooler :)

Sn1p3r R1fl3

Marrionette Of Hell
Actully, the DT with Alastor and Ifrit were different. If you notice, with Alastor, you look like u have Backwards horns with then pionting behinde you, for speed. While with ifrit, u had strait up horns like some sort of Fire Devil. But in DMC3, Yamato was a normal sword, but in DMC1, it had lectricity, but u couldnt buy anything for it like special moves.
And in DMC3, Vergil was the same hieght as Dante, but in DMC1. he was a LOT taller. As you see when he first comes out of the Possesed mirror when u get the Meloncholy Soul from the statue. Plus, adding, do u have all the DMC's?
The Legendary Knight? Sparda?...It cant be!
Dante: your right, im his son: Dante. Sweet Dreams.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
In Devil May Cry 2 you can turn into Sparda and you have more secret abilities whilst in DT that you cannot do in the other DMC games.
*PING* Korn Dowwg makes one comparison!:p

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
The reviving orbs are different. DMC1 only has yellows, DMC2 only has golds, and DMC3 has both. Differences are that the golds are much more expensive (Yellows cost 3'000, Golds cost 10'000), you can carry way more yellows than golds (you can carry 99 yellows, but only 3 golds), and the golds are more effective than yellows. Golds revive you straight away to where you got up to before you died, and you can use them as much as you want. Yellows take away your progress and restart the room you were in from scratch, and you can only use each one once. (They break when used, as seen in DMC1).

Sn1p3r R1fl3

Marrionette Of Hell
True True....but i never used yellow orbs in DMC2, only gold because i hardly died so i guess i didnt really notice.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
KoRn_Dowwg666;15596 said:
In Devil May Cry 2 you can turn into Sparda and you have more secret abilities whilst in DT that you cannot do in the other DMC games.
*PING* Korn Dowwg makes one comparison!:p

i really want to know how to do those ablities while in DT but i don't know how!!!!!!!!!!

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
I do, but I will have to give you the link to another forum which I am a member of, but there is a thing against advertising other Devil May Cry forums. Or is there?

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Sn1p3r R1fl3;15558 said:
And in DMC3, Vergil was the same hieght as Dante, but in DMC1. he was a LOT taller.

D'uh, that's because he was 100% demonic in DMC1, in DMC3, he, like Dante was 50% human and 50% demon. Plus Vergil wasn't really demonic in DMC1 either... he was possessed. Don't forget in DMC3, Vergil or Dante will both grow about 2 feet taller when they go into DT. (They both look about 6"1' normally. In Nelo Angelo form, Vergil was about 7"4' to begin with, then about 8"0' in fight 3).

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
KoRn_Dowwg666;15641 said:
I do, but I will have to give you the link to another forum which I am a member of, but there is a thing against advertising other Devil May Cry forums. Or is there?

well i don't think you can put a link for another forum on here but it doesn't matter can you just give me a private message and put the link in the message
i would greatly appreciate it.

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
Sn1p3r R1fl3;15558 said:
Actully, the DT with Alastor and Ifrit were different. If you notice, with Alastor, you look like u have Backwards horns with then pionting behinde you, for speed. While with ifrit, u had strait up horns like some sort of Fire Devil. But in DMC3, Yamato was a normal sword, but in DMC1, it had lectricity, but u couldnt buy anything for it like special moves.
And in DMC3, Vergil was the same hieght as Dante, but in DMC1. he was a LOT taller. As you see when he first comes out of the Possesed mirror when u get the Meloncholy Soul from the statue. Plus, adding, do u have all the DMC's?
The Legendary Knight? Sparda?...It cant be!
Dante: your right, im his son: Dante. Sweet Dreams.

you're right, the dt of alastor and ifrit did have some differences, but the weapon just changes the attributes of the dt, just like it did in dmc 3

dantes dt doesnt change in dmc 2 because he's found his own dt that doesnt need to have attributes of weapons (plus he isnt using devil arms)

i dont remember yamato in dmc 1, i must not have unlocked it, which raises a question, how do you get yamato?

vergil was taller than dante in dmc 1 because he was in a suit of armour most of the time, the souls of his boots probably helped in adding height

well dante and vergil are both tall.....get taller with dt....and nelo is huuuuuuuuuuge....and for some reason dante also seems taller in dmc1 and 2....but idk......now im guessing the reason the dt changes is because as dante grows stronger he learns how to depend on his power instead of those of the devil arms...but who knows....

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Sn1p3r R1fl3;15525 said:
In DMC1 and DMC 3, when u die, it says "Try Again, and takes you to the room before for went in.
But in DMC2, when u die, u come baack to life..... why make this feature in DMC2, but not 3....
DMC 1 had another feature the others didnt, The DT changed with diffrent weps. can anyone else find any differences?
And why is it that in DMC1, Yamato had electric powers...but when Virgil uses it in DMC3, it doesnt o_O

the Yamato thing is to know that u can apply the Judgement Cut of the Road Trip nothing else................but when u have a Gold orb in DMC2.......he can ressurect back from the Deads and fight against the evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom