• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Community Project: Combo Video

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well, I've been staring at a blank screen for like 10 to 15 minutes.... let's start this topic of somehow!

I'd like to work on a combo video, which means, editing, cutting and all that good stuff.
But I'm not as good of a player as I'd like to be. And while I like playing DMC, my free time is fairly limited nowadays. Which means, even if I started this project on my own, I'd likely get nowhere...

So while talking to @Wajpa yesterday I got the idea of a community project. We got quite a few skilled players here on the forums, so now I'd like to ask, is there an interest in such a thing?

I'd count myself in for editing and maybe some Trish gameplay.

An example of what I can do in terms of editing:

So yeah the goal of this topic for now is, to find out if there even is an interest in this kind of project.
Once we figure that out I can bore you all with recording specifics and stuff like that lol.

EDIT:
Ok here we go.

I'll make a list with every character of the franchise.

DMC1

Dante
Sparda (LDK Costume)

DMC2

Dante
Lucia
Trish

DMC3 / SE

Dante
Vergil

DMC4 / SE

Dante
Nero
Vergil
Trish
Lady

DmC / DE

Dante
Vergil

So please pick 1 or 2 characters you want to record gameplay with. And please give me the name you which you want to be credited with in the video (if you don't I'll use your forum name).

Participants so far:

Erian1Mortal
Wajpa
ConcentratedVergil (Hunterelite1087)
DragonMaster2010
8BitHero (BumbleBeeCody)

About Mods / Modes / Costumes:
- Texture and Effect Edits are fine
- The only Damage modifier that I'd say is fine is the "Must Style" one for DMC4SE since DmC:DE users have that mode as well.
- No infinite health for enemies!
- Infinite DT is fine

A few specifics on the technical side:

I'll render the video at 720p (1280×720pixels) so it would be nice if you guys could use that aspect ratio.
It doesn't matter if you record it from TV or whatever, as long as it's viewable and not a mash of pixels.

It would also be nice if you could turn of the background music. (For editing purposes, that way we can still have some of the Battle SFX before the new music I'll lay before it)

I'd say the maximum lenght of a clip should be around 2 minutes.

You don't need to go all MLG Pro gamer on your gameplay, as long as you think it's enjoyable to watch or rather if you think it's something you'd watch, then it should be good enough.

DEADLINE:
I would like to get submissions till October 31st

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
We should make like a community combo video featuring gameplay from all kinds of players from the forum, featuring all the Devil May Cry games in one big mashup celebrating the series as a whole.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
We should make like a community combo video featuring gameplay from all kinds of players from the forum, featuring all the Devil May Cry games in one big mashup celebrating the series as a whole.

That is kind of the point XD
I was just talking to @Wajpa about this, we think we should include the whole franchise.
But for now I just want to see how many people would be interested in participating.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Alright since there seems to be an interest, I'll update the first post with a list of characters and some specifics I'd like to see.

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
I could probably provide a clip or two with Vergil. However, I'm not entirely sure how I would get the clips to you. If you'd like I have small combo clips on YouTube that can give you maybe an idea of what I can do and decide if you'd like for me to give some new clips but I'm still not entirely sure how I would get clips to you
Edit: I would get the clips of Vergil from DMC4:SE on the PS4 of that means anything

B.T.W I was kinda just wondering what kind of music you will be using?

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I could probably provide a clip or two with Vergil. However, I'm not entirely sure how I would get the clips to you. If you'd like I have small combo clips on YouTube that can give you maybe an idea of what I can do and decide if you'd like for me to give some new clips but I'm still not entirely sure how I would get clips to you
Edit: I would get the clips of Vergil from DMC4:SE on the PS4 of that means anything

B.T.W I was kinda just wondering what kind of music you will be using?

Just link me to it, keep in mind, this is not about skill, but about us as a community. Having fun and showing our appreciation for the series through gameplay.
I specified the aspect ratio in the first post (720p (1280×720pixels)).
I'll look into the whole clip sharing thing, I believe there is a way, but if you can upload your stuff to youtube, simply unlist them and send me the links I'd be able to get them from there, even though I'd prefer raw files, since youtube tends to compress stuff sometimes.

When it comes to music, I'll try to get copyright free music. The Awake also gave me their permission to use their stuff, so that's also an option. Machinae Supremacy is also an option, but they don't give any guarantee that the video won't get flagged by copyright (it's not in their realm of responsibility).

The Awake

Machinae Supremacy (I used some of their stuff here)

Just a few to give examples.
But in the end it also comes down to how much material we can get together.

Top Bottom